weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

Smooth - Good action shot there DK, and quite brave with all the dust that must have been flying about.
Whole - Initially I thought you'd posted another shot for Smooth. I like the semi pano effect of the letterbox crop and the whle overall blue effect is quite eye catching (y)

I thought I had already commented on your "whole" photo, but it seems that I have not...

I like it a lot, great long exposure shot with an abstract quality and soft tones. But I don't like the boat in the background. :)

Great Whole shot DK, love the milky water, well done :)
Cheers Dave :)

Fantastic shot Dean, (shame about the oil rig/ship on the horizon), I don't quite know what to say, other than can I have a canvas for my wall. :D
Hahaaa, thank you very much Chris, Canvas's are available on my website if you want one, I'd give you a discount code too :D

Beautiful. :clap:

'Whole' lot of nothing except something on the horizon, but now I realise why you left it.
Thank you David :cool:

I like that, lovely colours and lots of space. I thought you had done it with ICM at first but good use of the big stopper. I like the boat to emphasis the space.
Cheers Steve, I keep getting torn between in or out for the boat, glad some people like it in still :)

Love this one DK, wonderfully easy on the eye, more like an artwork than a photo.
Cool, artwork I can live with too, thank you Susie :cool:

Smooth - Good action shot there DK, and quite brave with all the dust that must have been flying about.
Thank you Tim, thank god for dust sealed cameras and lenses :D
Whole - Initially I thought you'd posted another shot for Smooth. I like the semi pano effect of the letterbox crop and the whle overall blue effect is quite eye catching (y)
Thank you again Tim (y)

Definitely a whole lot of peaceful scenery, plus a tiny little boat. (y)
Thank you :)

Lose the ship thing and I'd put it on my wall (y)
<dashes off to LightRoom> :exit:

:D

To me it says a whole lot of peace and tranquility, very restful :clap:
Thank you Jill, very kind of you to say :) :)

Simple and beautiful:) I like the letter box style too:)
Thank you Georgina :)

Whole - now this I really like the way you captured the smoothness in the water and nice soft colours.
Thank you Mandy, glad you like it :)

Great shot, great long exposure and fits the theme well. Love the muted tones of the whole scene, looks ethereal.
Cheers Paul, with the wind that was blowing the 'real' scene was very different :D

I thought I had already commented on your "whole" photo, but it seems that I have not...
No problem :)

I like it a lot, great long exposure shot with an abstract quality and soft tones. But I don't like the boat in the background. :)
Thank you Bernd, I may do an edit for all the non boat people :D

A whole lot of nothing but it full of something which is beautiful.:) I like this.(y)
Awweee Thank you Shirley, pleased you like it :)

Quick edit to keep me up to date'ish...

A shot from the TP52 of 2016 end of year meet - What a great place the NMA is, loved the day, poor weather for photography, very dull and grey skies, but the company was great as always...

I chose this one as I liked the colours, on a bright day I think it must look fantastic !!!

Edit consists of a crop, I de-saturated the whole image, and then re-saturated the glass and tweaked the areas of text to try and bring them out a bit, and a tiny bit of cloning.

I did set myself a challenge for the day, I used my 70-200 for the whole time, so shots like this were a tad unusual to take :D

Here we go - Week 7 'Structure'

Wk 7 - Structure by TP DK, on Flickr

I like that very much, well worth the effort with the muted tones in the background against the vibrant colours of the memorial. Well composed too.

That looks a fabulous bit of art .. trying to imagine what it's like with sunlight streaming through the coloured panels. Nicely done Dean m- the panels stand out very well indeed.

Looks a great piece to see in the flesh, the bright vivid colours stand out against the start wintry background. (y)

Remember that from a couple of years ago, must be impressive on a sunny day not that it isn't in your pic you have done well with it

great subject matter and lovely colours. the base looks a little wonky though so close to the border of the image. perhaps a little straightening for the gold star award? i love how you have brought the foreground right out from the mundane background, that really is nice.

Quick edit to keep me up to date'ish...

A shot from the TP52 of 2016 end of year meet - What a great place the NMA is, loved the day, poor weather for photography, very dull and grey skies, but the company was great as always...

I chose this one as I liked the colours, on a bright day I think it must look fantastic !!!

Edit consists of a crop, I de-saturated the whole image, and then re-saturated the glass and tweaked the areas of text to try and bring them out a bit, and a tiny bit of cloning.

I did set myself a challenge for the day, I used my 70-200 for the whole time, so shots like this were a tad unusual to take :D

Here we go - Week 7 'Structure'

Wk 7 - Structure by TP DK, on Flickr

Yeah, we need to get back there in better weather. Not taken so few photographs on a meet before and I didn't think you'd stick with the 70-200 :)

Works for me. The processing suits the structure.

Hope all your camping gear is cleaned and ready for the next trip :)

Cheers.

Not seen the SOOC but I'm sure you've done some nice PP .. good colour where it's needed. (y)

Yeah, we need to get back there in better weather. Not taken so few photographs on a meet before and I didn't think you'd stick with the 70-200 :)

Works for me. The processing suits the structure.

Hope all your camping gear is cleaned and ready for the next trip :)

Cheers.
Cheers Andy :)

Yes mate, had a lovely sunny day on the Monday I think it was, hung it out on the line for a couple of hours, all packed and raring to take out again :)

Liking that Dean, the processing has really brought the colours out nicely, works a treat with the deaturated bg.
Thanks Michael :)

Great colours and a nice crop too.
Cheers Clive :)

Not seen the SOOC but I'm sure you've done some nice PP .. good colour where it's needed. (y)
Thank you too David :)

Hey DK,

Structure - An interesting piece of artwork and I do like the way you've used saturation to draw the eye (without going all selective on us).
Hahaaa Thank you Tim, SC did not cross my mind to be honest, I have ever only done 2 and not keen on them too much :)

And here is mine for this week...

I really wasn't sure what to do this week, I took a drive earlier today to look at a small project I'm now working on hoping to get some inspiration, alas that did not work, then it came to me, the thing that I do most days of the year and have done for the last few...

The shot, pretty simple, camera on a tripod way up high, 10 second timer, me crouched underneath, a bit of cloning and a huge chunk of 'Adjustment Brush' ridding of all distractions (Desk, Walls, Floor Etc.) by zeroing exposure and increasing blacks to max.

Week 8 - Routine - updating the 52 week challenge spreadsheet

Wk 8 - Routine by TP DK, on Flickr

That's a brilliant shot for Routine and thanks for keeping the spreadsheet up-to-date, Dean. Excellent processing without any distractions at all. Love the high view angle and perfect symmetry. :clap:
Ooooo Cool - Thank you Stan :cool:

Loving the last 2 Dean. The colours on Structure really pop against the sky. As for Routine, spot on theme (y)
Cheers Chris, appreciated :)

Good idea for the theme, slight nit-pick is that the monitors look a bit floaty to me but nicely lit with good details.

Blimey ... that's how it's done. Keep at it you multi taskers. :D

Hey DK ... all fits the frame, all kind of minimal, all good result.

'sup :)

Routine, great POV, symmetry and detail.

If you could have got blurred movement in your hands that would have been super.

Two monitors, hmmm, might investigate :)

Cheers.

Whole - A peaceful, subdued scene, it looks like wall art
Structure - In conrast to the previous shot, love the vibrant colours and the way you've brought them out aginst the rest of the scene
Routine - Very effective processing - I was wondering how you got such a black BG

its a good POV well done for getting it must have been difficult, it reminds me of something, a bit 1984 the novel not the year maybe something authoritarian :thinking:

Hi Dean

Great image for Structure (funnily enough I have a similar one!) defiantly need a return visit in the better weather. There were some great structures there.

Routine - Great take on the theme love the PoV I agree with Andy if your fingers had been slightly blurred then it would have added that extra but to the image.

whole - really peaceful, almost looks like a painting. colours feel all washed out, but that adds to the feels
structure - nice colours, looks almost superimposed the way you've edited it together, so vibrant!
routine - now we know how it feels :) i like the distinct separation of the monitors and the hands/keyboard against black background. must have been quite hard to frame and take?!

Back