2015 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 we finally made it and its "Christmas" into the bargain

Ladies and Gents a word, in your shell like, I have some bad news and some really really bad news :(
The bad news first.
Due to the pressure of work and various other commitments, and after running the 365 for a good couple of years @SarahLee has decided to step down, as of this week.
I for one would like to thank her for all her hard work in getting the themes out on time, getting the threads up for the start of the new year, and the little tweaks that happen behind the scenes, ie helping out
a few lost souls from time to time (y)

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, the really really bad news is that I've agreed to take over ..
Hopefully nothing will change and the swap over will be seamless.

Due to my work pattens, however, sometimes the theme will be out on a Thurs night, sometimes on a Friday afternoon
(I don't work in an office, and I'm out and about all over the country) ,

The format will continue with random themes pulled from a hat, with the re-shoot and jokers.
Its worked well these past years, and probably best left as is.
But if you want to see anything new for 2016, let me know and we can think / talk about it. (y)

(BTW I promise that not ALL the themes, next year will revolve around big cats with their mouths open :D)

Thanks again for all your hard work Sarah (y)

Wowsers!

Thanks Sarah, we all appreciate your efforts. Hope to still see you about on the forums. :)

Yes Thanks Sarah your hard work is much appreciated no matter how punishing the themes are:eek:
Will be interesting to see how the slippery Cobra deals his deathly blows each Thursday / Friday:)
Major catch up from me soon, so you haven't got rid of me yet.

All the best Sarah And thank you again(y) See you around the forum:ty:

You can't get rid of me that easily. I'll just post endless themed pics of my size 13 CAT boots, or the neighbour's pussy.

Thanks for all your help Sarah.

Thanks for keeping this going @SarahLee it's been a real pleasure and, as said above, hope to see you around the forum (y)

Cheers and hope @Cobra does as good a job as you have :)

Cheers.
Sarah'll be a tough act to follow but I'll do my best (y)

Is Thursday the new Friday? What does Shimmer mean anyway? :runaway:

Is it nearly...
:banana: Thursday? :banana:Just asking. :p
No harm in asking
BUT NO! :p

Is Thursday the new Friday?
Some weeks yes some weeks no, depends where I am working you see ;)
What does Shimmer mean anyway? :runaway:
verb (used without object)
1.to shine with or reflect a subdued, tremulous light; gleam faintly.
2.to appear to quiver or vibrate in faint light or while reflecting heat waves.
noun
3.a subdued, tremulous light or gleam.
4. a quivering or vibrating motion or image as produced by reflecting faint light or heat waves.

Don't worry David, they will only get harder from here on in (y)

Thursday AND Saturday are the new Friday now that Cobra is the new SarahLee. ;)
LOL

Thanks Guys . . . and don't worry, I'll still pop in from time to time to make sure that you at get at least one week off from gob shots see how everyone's doing.

And on a serious note, massive thanks to Chris for taking this on.
I'm really sad to step away from it, but with work commitments at the moment it's getting harder and harder to find the time to give this the attention that it deserves.
It's been a fab few years and thank you to all of you for making this the success that it's been. There are more than a few areas on the forum which could take a lesson on community from the 52s.

@Cobra. Try not to wreck the place - and BTW you'd better get used to posts like this :D

Is it nearly...

:banana: Thursday? :banana:

Just asking. :p

Last edited:
Seriously, this is no joke.

Can you let us know each week (starting with this week) if it will this week be Thursday, Friday or Saturday that you tell us the theme please? I often plan my shooting time ahead and it would really help to know.

Seriously, this is no joke. Can you let us know each week (starting with this week) if it will this week be Thursday, Friday or Saturday that you tell us the theme please? I often plan my shooting time ahead and it would really help to know.
I can't guarantee what day, I can't even guestimate, at the beginning of the week,
as I work 50% of the time in the middle of nowhere, often at very short notice. I
I'll try and stick to Friday afternoons as has been the norm. If it looks like I'll be "away" until late night Friday.
I'll try my best to do it on the Thursday night.
Notwithstanding the second coming, I'm sure it won't be as late as
Saturday though

DAMN ... finally got my broadband back and was rtaher excited to get back on here, but wow @SarahLee that was a surprise !!!! hoping you are okay, you'll sure be missed in the 52's hope you can pop back in from time to time :)

So now moving on... Hissy taking over, I can image the themes already ohhhhh dear :nailbiting:

Glad you are back with us Dean (y)
Cheers Chris - It's so surprising how much I rely on the internet, wasn't able to catch up with work from home so getting back later than ever... Grrrrrr :D

Really? You cannot possibly imagine ............. :p
You think lol !!!

@Cobra Good morning Mr Phitt....... (Tapping fingers on desk) Your mission, if you choose to accept it is to deliver the next theme within the hour or this message will self destruct and take you with it

ooh, I think I've just destructed @Cobra :exit::coat::runaway:
You and your damned spells woman! :(
cobra-sleeping-1966903.jpg

Give me 10 minutes and I'll get the themes loaded into the snake pit and see what materialises :)

So there we have it, week 43 ELEMENTS.

God knows how I'm gonna shoe horn that one :rolleyes:

Thank you for all the work you have done on this @SarahLee. It is much appreciated (y)
Thank you too @Cobra for picking up the baton. I have really enjoyed my first 52 so far and I look forward to seeing what comes out of the theme bag for the rest of the year :banana:

Well I've been trying all day to get a picture of Milla Jovovich but failed :(
(the 5th Element for those that don't know :D )

Who picks these damned themes anyway? :(

Back