Alsjazzeras 2016 TP 52 WEEK 52 CELEBRATE/CELEBRATION ADDED

Nicely captured Allan (y)

( now if you had just got down on your belly, sod the puddle, you could have got a dogs eye view :D )

Great 'happy Holly' shot Allan! You pressed the shutter just in the right moment to capture a sense of movement. But I agree with what Cobra said :D

Happy - Nice shot, she certainly looks happy and I like the reflection you have got. Would have been interesting to see a shot of her actually in the puddle as it looks slightly like she's going to have a drink rather than jump in.

Great 'happy Holly' shot Allan! You pressed the shutter just in the right moment to capture a sense of movement. But I agree with what Cobra said :D

Next time I walk the dogs I will make sure I wear a wetsuit just in case, thanks for popping in

Happy - Nice shot, she certainly looks happy and I like the reflection you have got. Would have been interesting to see a shot of her actually in the puddle as it looks slightly like she's going to have a drink rather than jump in.

Took a few and do have some of her in the water but it was such a dull day and she is quite nifty on her feet that they were not sharp, apart from increasing the iso which was high enough I couldnt get a fast enough shutter speed so had to settle for this :(

Took a few and do have some of her in the water but it was such a dull day and she is quite nifty on her feet that they were not sharp, apart from increasing the iso which was high enough I couldnt get a fast enough shutter speed so had to settle for this :(

That's a shame, I can understand the frustration as I often have that same situation trying to catch photos of the kids running around.

I like the reflection in the puddle and the sense she is on her way into that puddle

WEEK 5 ABANDONED

Dream by Allan Howe, on Flickr

So i thought I would approach this in a different way, abandoned in the sense of uninhibited, unrestrained.
This is a sculpture on the former site of Sutton Manor Colliery called Dream.

The site could be called abandoned as there is no longer a coal mine there and we are probably only uninhibited, unrestrained when we dream,
well thats how I am seeing it.

That is messing with my head. Looks like it's been squashed :)

Super sky the really makes the head pop.

Square crop also works.

Nice back story.

Cheers.

That is messing with my head. Looks like it's been squashed :)

Super sky the really makes the head pop.

Square crop also works.

Nice back story.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy it is squashed its very odd but quite impressive at 60ft

Great take on the theme of abandoned, love the various possible interpretations, nicely captured against the clouds which enhance the image.

That's a great statue - 60ft wow would never have guessed.. Will make for a good SCALE image with someone on the base.

I need to record the location for a look myself

Thanks

Interesting take on the theme Al, nicely processed too (y)

Interesting take on the theme Al, nicely processed too (y)

Thank you

I love that sculpture Allan it looks fabulous zoomed in on Flickr ....that's great sky but I think it would take a square crop as Andy suggested. Good to see a very original interpretation of the theme , it wasnt an easy one.

Thanks Susie difficult theme indeed

Nice one Allan. Dark and stormy sky contrasts very well with the brightness of that sculpture. Amazing to read that it's so huge!

Well captured, well spotted and a good nab for the theme - which has surprisingly been trickier than I expected this week...

Nicely thought through Allan - novel response. That is a fabulous sculpture - I really do like it. Nicely captured with detail in the sky. :clap:

Nice one Allan. Dark and stormy sky contrasts very well with the brightness of that sculpture. Amazing to read that it's so huge!

Well captured, well spotted and a good nab for the theme - which has surprisingly been trickier than I expected this week...

It was/is a tricky theme one to forget about

Abandoned - it makes my head spin! It's almost like an optical illusion. Great processing too. Well done :)

Thank you

Very unusual sculpture, at first glance I wasn't too sure where the theme fits in until I read you explanation. Nice shot love the bright sculpture head against the dark moody sky

Thanks

Nicely thought through Allan - novel response. That is a fabulous sculpture - I really do like it. Nicely captured with detail in the sky. :clap:

I was lucky with the sky seems a lot of people weren't

It looks like there's been a ton of PP done to this, so much so that it's maybe even a composite image....bit I'm guessing it's not and it's just a very bizarre subject!

I like it. On topic but very different.

What an interesting take on the theme - I had never really thought about the two very different meanings of abandoned. Great shot too - the contrast between sky and sculpture works brilliantly.

Thanks

Damn that is odd and HUGE... I like the composition as is (maybe a tad more room up top if ubber critical, well personal preference more like) Great stormy sky, and as Andy said that really makes it pop/sets it off :)

Thanks DK, I did crop some off the top will have another look at the original

It looks like there's been a ton of PP done to this, so much so that it's maybe even a composite image....bit I'm guessing it's not and it's just a very bizarre subject!

I like it. On topic but very different.

thanks for looking in not a lot of PP just a crop, straighten, slight play with the contrast and a conversion to B+W

Happy - Holly looks absolutely delighted at the prospect of leaping into that cold water - well captured :clap:

Abandoned - a very atmospheric shot, especially with that brooding sky in the bg.

Good to see a different interpretation. Love the dwarfed trees & seriously dramatic sky. (y)

Allan I absolutely love it!!
Theme perfect.

Back