weekly Bernd's 52 in 2017 - week 26: Face

people power is the stronger of the two images for me, both work though but people power is such a good idea

Oh well done for bringing us a picture of today's demo ... harsh light but you handled it well. Lots of detail in there. (y)

People power is a really good concept and you have captured it well in the circumstances I think.

people power is the stronger of the two images for me, both work though but people power is such a good idea
Thank you Allan!

Two good Power shots Bernd like them both, the people marching and looking happy, my choice though is the #2 as like the blokes doing chin ups, press ups. God, those were the days when I could do a lot of one arm press ups too (y)
Thanks David!

Oh well done for bringing us a picture of today's demo ... harsh light but you handled it well. Lots of detail in there. (y)
Thank you David!

People power is a really good concept and you have captured it well in the circumstances I think.
Cheers Chris!

First one for me, good take on the theme.
Thank you Mark!

Yes, People Power is the stronger of two, as it has a documentary feel.
Great Idea.
Thanks Tim!

Shot in the whole grain section of the Whole Food Market on High Street Kensington. The also have a MINERAL water section where you can purchase 0.75l of organic artisan water from an Icelandic glacier for a fiver...

Reshoot 6 Whole: Whole Food Market
by Bernd, on Flickr

Excellent choices again Bernd, I think the People Power wins in that it's such an eye catching image, the bright sunlight adds an extra vibrancy to it. That Whole Food Market looks an interesting place, although the water sounds pricey !! It would maybe have taken a nip off the left hand side, but I love all the loose grain in the barrels.

Numbers, we all hate to see these spinning.

Attractive, great idea, the second for me, lots of sharp detail and I like how the red of the magnet pops in the image.

Dark, Great idea although with such a slow shutter speed it's not as sharp as it could be.

Power, did you have a chat with the guys first or you could of felt the power of a right hook :D

(y)

Re shoot I like Bernd, good and sharp on subject, my only grip ( sorry ) might of been an idea to lose the left hand side plastic thingy :)
Thanks David! Yes the plastic containers... unfortunately all my photos ended up having them in... They were filled with even more grains, so removing them was not an option.

Excellent choices again Bernd, I think the People Power wins in that it's such an eye catching image, the bright sunlight adds an extra vibrancy to it. That Whole Food Market looks an interesting place, although the water sounds pricey !! It would maybe have taken a nip off the left hand side, but I love all the loose grain in the barrels.
Thank you Susie!

Agree with others about People Power being stronger of the two Power shots.

Nice idea for Whole reshoot.
Cheers Stan!

Numbers, we all hate to see these spinning.

Attractive, great idea, the second for me, lots of sharp detail and I like how the red of the magnet pops in the image.

Dark, Great idea although with such a slow shutter speed it's not as sharp as it could be.

Power, did you have a chat with the guys first or you could of felt the power of a right hook :D
Thank you for commenting!

Power - 2 good shots. I like the people power shot the most as it really tells a story with lots of interest in the shot. The outdoor gym is a good idea but I feel the people are just a little lost in the shot as a whole.

Whole reshoot - I like the DOF with enough blur for the background to not be distracting but enough detail to add context to the shot, I would agree with the comment about taking out the plastic box in the bottom left.

Very grainy Bernd

:exit:

Pleasing image, nicely composed. I like the hessian, good texture. (y)

Some great shots Bernd - people power was a perfect idea and there's plenty to look at with all those expressions and banners. Nice reshoot too with the barrels leading away nicely and strong textures.
Dark is definitely the pick of the bunch though - very atmopheric. It must have been tricky to get right - how many fingers did you burn in the process?!

Argh, I didn't notice the container until I read Dave's comment, but now I do...
Could it be lost by a tighter crop? Dunno...
Anyway, great idea and find for the theme and good use of DoF, ensuring that whilst the background goes oof, there is still plenty of definition.
Oh, and I like the orange lentils? as they add a splash of colour.

Power - 2 good shots. I like the people power shot the most as it really tells a story with lots of interest in the shot. The outdoor gym is a good idea but I feel the people are just a little lost in the shot as a whole.

Whole reshoot - I like the DOF with enough blur for the background to not be distracting but enough detail to add context to the shot, I would agree with the comment about taking out the plastic box in the bottom left.
Thank you Steve!

Very grainy Bernd
Top pun David (y) Thank you!

Some great shots Bernd - people power was a perfect idea and there's plenty to look at with all those expressions and banners. Nice reshoot too with the barrels leading away nicely and strong textures.
Dark is definitely the pick of the bunch though - very atmopheric. It must have been tricky to get right - how many fingers did you burn in the process?!
Thanks Emma!

People power is a great record shot as well as bang on theme.
Cheers Paul!

Argh, I didn't notice the container until I read Dave's comment, but now I do...
Could it be lost by a tighter crop? Dunno...
Anyway, great idea and find for the theme and good use of DoF, ensuring that whilst the background goes oof, there is still plenty of definition.
Oh, and I like the orange lentils? as they add a splash of colour.
Thank you Tim!

I quite like the crop of the first one, the 2nd one I suppose shows more of the fairground ride
But the first one is more interesting for me

I'm with Allan on the first crop, I think it definitely makes a more interesting shot out of the two. Msybe it's the little bit of negative space it generates. Well done.

1st one for me as well, the movement and space give it a greater impact. Good choice of time to take the shots as well with some light still in the sky. Being really picky I would probably have cloned out the little bit of the people coming past the tower (the blur against the blue on the left hand side of the tower).

My 6 year old dragged me up one of these on the southbank at Christmas, would much rather be photographing it than riding on it!

Above 1 for me. Love those colours. Attractive is fantastic, love the spiky effect you created with the magnets. Reshoot is nice, lovely colours.

Dark is fantastic, and probably my favourite. How did you make the background so black?

I quite like the crop of the first one, the 2nd one I suppose shows more of the fairground ride
But the first one is more interesting for me
Thank you Allan!

Second one for me as it shows the whole ride, maybe crop the trees (y)
Thanks David!

I'm with Allan on the first crop, I think it definitely makes a more interesting shot out of the two. Msybe it's the little bit of negative space it generates. Well done.
Cheers Chris!

1st one for me Bernd, liking the negative space, a nice touch of movement captured too which helps portray the rides momentum, nice one (y)
Thank you Dean!

1st one for me as well, the movement and space give it a greater impact. Good choice of time to take the shots as well with some light still in the sky. Being really picky I would probably have cloned out the little bit of the people coming past the tower (the blur against the blue on the left hand side of the tower).
Thanks Steve! I didn't even notice the legs of the people sticking out behind the tower before you mentioned them, but now I can't un-see them...

Above 1 for me. Love those colours. Attractive is fantastic, love the spiky effect you created with the magnets. Reshoot is nice, lovely colours.

Dark is fantastic, and probably my favourite. How did you make the background so black?
Thank you Dom! I just put an A0 sheet of black cardboard from my local arts and graphic shop in the background.

I like the coloured lights against the dark sky, and nicely captured. the first image of the two is my fav as i love the way you have cropped it. nice work chap.
Thank you!

Not sure which is best, I want both, I never saw a thing like that but it's a long time since I was at a fairground.

I like your intention in the first but for some reason I it's not quite hitting the spot for me, perhaps it there was more light on the couple coming towards us.

I think this is my first visit to your 52, Bernd, so a lot to catch up on :) It's an interesting, varied thread and my favourites so far are the policemen in Order, made especially poignant after recent events, the eye-catching sculpture for Smooth which really suits the B&W treatment, both images for Attractive are well thought-out and very effective, with the first one probably just edging it with the sense of motion, and I do really like the low viewpoint, tones and DOF in your re-shoot of Whole. Great stuff so far, and I'm looking forward to keeping up in future!

Not sure which is best, I want both, I never saw a thing like that but it's a long time since I was at a fairground.
Thank you David! I haven't been to a fairground for more than 35 years... not since I went on a ride called "Twister" and felt very very sick afterwards :puke: Fortunately I have been able to take these photos from outside the fairground with a moderately long lens. :)

First one for me Bernd ...I really like the composition, I've been on one of those and it's scary!
Thanks Susie!

I like your intention in the first but for some reason I it's not quite hitting the spot for me, perhaps it there was more light on the couple coming towards us.
Thank You Chris! I know what you mean, I have taken these photos towards the west, where the sun had just set. Maybe if I had taken them from the opposite direction and a bit earlier... but then there was nowhere accessible on the other side of that fairground...

I think this is my first visit to your 52, Bernd, so a lot to catch up on :) It's an interesting, varied thread and my favourites so far are the policemen in Order, made especially poignant after recent events, the eye-catching sculpture for Smooth which really suits the B&W treatment, both images for Attractive are well thought-out and very effective, with the first one probably just edging it with the sense of motion, and I do really like the low viewpoint, tones and DOF in your re-shoot of Whole. Great stuff so far, and I'm looking forward to keeping up in future!
Thank you for your comments Andrea!

Hi Bernd, just catching up a bit. Some cracking photos here on your thread.
Exposure issues aside, milk-on-white is a lovely idea for Whole.
I really like the bridge photo - the diffused light and soft reflections work really well and the bridge forms a natural leading line over to the gallery.
Numbers is also great, just a touch of DOF but not enough to obscure anything and somehow you've made an electricity meter look interesting!
The iron filings make a very intesting subject for attractive and I like the touch of colour from the magnet. Focus is spot-on.
But the first 'Above' shot is maybe my favourite of the lot. The framing is interesting, it's colourful, it's got motion and energy... love it.

I like above. A bit more motion blur would be to my taste.
Cheers Andy. I know you like a bit of motion blur :) I would have tried one with longer exposure time, but the ride didn't go up for ages again, so I gave up and left...

I really like the framing of the first - great colours too (y)
Thank you Emma!

Hi Bernd, just catching up a bit. Some cracking photos here on your thread.
Exposure issues aside, milk-on-white is a lovely idea for Whole.
I really like the bridge photo - the diffused light and soft reflections work really well and the bridge forms a natural leading line over to the gallery.
Numbers is also great, just a touch of DOF but not enough to obscure anything and somehow you've made an electricity meter look interesting!
The iron filings make a very intesting subject for attractive and I like the touch of colour from the magnet. Focus is spot-on.
But the first 'Above' shot is maybe my favourite of the lot. The framing is interesting, it's colourful, it's got motion and energy... love it.
Thanks for commenting Nick!

Back