Brian of Bozeats '26 from '52 - 2015 week 52: Christmas

Do I have to be first with the pun? Ok, okay...
That was quack off the mark
:coat:

Very impressive photomerge there Brian, I doubt anyone would have noticed it was one duck until you mentioned it (maybe the reflections are all too unifirm, but...)
Good one, nice framing, excellent PP work.
:clap:

Thanks, it was several images of the one duck by the way, hence the slight differences, not the same image copied several times, I'm pretty sure that would have looked rubbish!

Last edited:
It's a quacker ... well someone had to get that in. Nicely done Brian, very good merge.

Sorry about above post had not engaged brain when looking back through the thread :rolleyes:
Starting catch up at Seasonal cos I love this shot and so well set up too! Not mush room to say anything else. No crit from me Top Draw!
Full ..... Bit of a 'memory' shot from the Wedding, symmetry aside (why is it you never notice these fine details till it's in LR) nice clean shot there are comments about being set up but most weddings are to a degree! It fits the theme sorted!
Love the kite shot, what I really like is your journey to get the shot right, the back story makes the shot as much as the image itself. The end result is very nice, nice drop of soldering too!
Covered.... OMG I love this that is real top draw IMHO great lighting, excellent eye contact, beautiful model obviously not phased by the camera. Very nice indeed great catch lights too(y) Colours are working together well Jeff, Brian ..... To whom it may concern!
Connected.... Agree that the DOF should extend to pick up a couple of the Elephants to enhance the connected effect. Other than that good shot.
Down.... Another cracker B&W is so right here! Great composition, nice and sharp and great texture and detail, nice one(y)

Thank you.

It's a quacker ... well someone had to get that in. Nicely done Brian, very good merge.

Thank you.

What a great idea Brian, personally would have prefered a black background as too warm a cast for my liking, but that's personal choice, still a real nice one for the theme, especially the extra wide crop and the reflections (y)

Thanks, its a polished wooden table, I tried dropping the saturation on the background but I preferred the wood colour to the black.

Such a cute shot, Brian, and amazing pp join. It looks so seamless :clap: Those ducks looks so tempting... Should I shot them all down, will I win a plushie? :whistle:

Thanks, Getting an even exposure is the trick for making the PP easy in multiplicity shots. I explained the setup in post #531.
Wrong kind of ducks for the shooting range I'm afraid you will have to hold fire!

I thought you've have a bath full of ducks :)

Nicely organised....see what I did there....:) Nice detail and subtle reflection works well. Nice PPing too.

Seems to have a slight orange cast??

Cheers.

I thought you've have a bath full of ducks :)

Nicely organised....see what I did there....:) Nice detail and subtle reflection works well. Nice PPing too.

Seems to have a slight orange cast??

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I see what you mean, I will have a look when I'm next at my processing machine to see what the numbers say.

Loving Down Brian. All thoise straight lines and curves and a great b&w conversion to boot :clap::clap:

Getting your ducks in a row :ROFLMAO::LOL: great idea for Organised and I would have no idea how to do it :eek:

That's different and quirky or quacky :D :LOL:. Well done for getting the separate shots so seamlessly merged. You're not a manager by any chance with this management talk?

LOL - No I'm not a manger any more, I prefer to get on with my own stuff ;), thanks for commenting :)

Loving Down Brian. All thoise straight lines and curves and a great b&w conversion to boot :clap::clap:

Getting your ducks in a row :ROFLMAO::LOL: great idea for Organised and I would have no idea how to do it :eek:

Thank you. :)

Another interesting take on the theme, you've got a decent balance of exposure given all the different lights.

Well someones gone overboard on the decorations, I think the exposure is just about right, not a lot i can add to that

Living the dream. As others have said, no mean feat to get the lighting right with such extremes in play. Well done you. :clap:

Another interesting take on the theme, you've got a decent balance of exposure given all the different lights.

Thanks. Bracketing was the key to getting the "right" exposure. (y)

Needs more shiny ;)
As Chris says, it must have been interesting balancing the exposure on that shot.

Thanks.

The word you are looking for is Shoe horn Chris :D

Really? It's a house and the theme was "living"... :confused:

Well someones gone overboard on the decorations, I think the exposure is just about right, not a lot i can add to that

Thanks Al.

Well you wouldn't lose your way home looking for that one would you :)....a different take on the theme and really nicely done.

Thanks Susie.

Living the dream. As others have said, no mean feat to get the lighting right with such extremes in play. Well done you. :clap:

Thanks Carl.

Yeah, as its Christmas I'll overlook the shoe horn :)

Where's th Christmas cow, though :)

Cheers.

See my answer to Chris above... All the cows are indoors round here, except the concrete ones and I hate what they have done to those. I will be trying for more cows next year though!

Looks like living in a grotto :D

I suspect the people who live there like it that way! :D

Cheers all!

Week 52: Christmas

Here's a Poinsettia, we get one most Christmases, this year instead of a tree! It's been a "challenging" time for me this year so I will simply submit this below average record shot and move on to 2016.

Many thanks for all of you for your feedback, kind words and support throughout the last six months, my '26-'52 has become a good place to lose myself for a few hours each week and I have achieved my goal of enjoying myself, well, most of the time! :)

untitled shoot-2032.jpg

Cheers everyone. I wish you all a Happy New Year.

B. :cow:

Hi Brian. Yes, holly and poinsettia are musts at our place at Christmas. Good for you crossing the finish line .... nothing like getting acclimatised for TP52 2016. Happy New Year - hopefully 2016 will be good to us eh!

I will simply submit this below average record shot and move on to 2016.
Nothing wrong with that, it certainly is Christmassy, (y)
(and I'm sure the bird house adds a little something too :D)

Nothing wrong with that, it certainly is Christmassy, (y)
(and I'm sure the bird house adds a little something too :D)
Best not mention the wonky horizon :exit:

On a serious note, it fits the theme mate so if time is pressing you got your camera out and that's what counts... see you in the 2016 threads :)

Hello, Brian. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas ;)

Living was a good lighting balance and the Christmas poinsettia is amazing... We only have the plastic ones here. It's a beautiful shot :clap: Looking forward for the next set of 52s and a wonderful year ahead for you and yours, Brian! :wave:

Hello, Brian. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas ;)

Living was a good lighting balance and the Christmas poinsettia is amazing... We only have the plastic ones here. It's a beautiful shot :clap: Looking forward for the next set of 52s and a wonderful year ahead for you and yours, Brian! :wave:

Thanks Nora. See you over in the 2016 '52?

Back