weekly brownin's prjct52: 52,FINISHED!

Name
nathan
Edit My Images
Yes
So here is my Project52, first 'proper' attempt to keep up and continue through all themes throughout the year.

Enjoy photography purely as a past-time, idea of this is to build a decent group of pictures and grow in my composition and creativity with my images.

all visitors welcome to comment and critique regardless of how harsh. I'm here to learn....!

So without further or do:

week0 - Pattern

week0 by NathanBrowning, on Flickr

will work on week1 this weekend and possibly week2 by that point too, critique always welcome

Week1: Bliss
Week2: Fragile
Week3: Scenic

Week4: Companion
Week5: Elegant
Week6: Watery
Week7: Bold
Week8: Relax
Week9: Vertical
Week10: Mouth
Week11: Crowd
Week12: Close up

Week13: Machine
Week14: Alphabet
Week15: Sound
Week16: Experiment
Week17: Heat
Week18: Figures
Week19: Household

Week20: Limit
Week21: Bizarre
Week22: Broken
Week23: Entertain

Week24: Spiral
Week25: Silhouette
Week26: Animal
Week27: Medicine
Week28: Proverb

Week29: Pale/pail
Week30: Tear
Week31: Words

Week32: Support
Week33: Religion
Week34: Geometric
Week35: Fashion
Week36: Chilled
Week37: Special
Week38: Despair
Week39: Noise

Week40: Envy
Week41: Invert
Week42: Shimmer

Week43: Element
Week44: Seasonal
Week45: Full
Week46: Habit

Week47: Covered
Week48: Connected

Week49: Down
Week50: Organise
Week51: Accomodate

Week52:Christmas

Last edited:
Hi and welcome aboard.

Patterns is certainly on the theme and you've got some nice shadows in there. I might try for a different angle but it does work and there are some nice textures in there.

Cheers

thanks guys, first shots with my raynox

heres week1

Bliss
Saturday morning, no work, TV (House M.D), and great big Cup of Tea with the wife, the effect is not pp, the camera had been in the boot of my car all night, meaning it was still acclimatising to indoor temperatures.

week1 by NathanBrowning, on Flickr

Last edited:
Two great shots bang on theme love the shallow DoF used in both and the mono conversions, I do think that Bliss needs a slight rotation CCW.

Hi Nathan & a belated welcome from me :wave:

Patterns....lovely slim DOF , nice angle & plenty of detail :)

Bliss....oh yes, HOUse & a cuppa , can't go far wrong with that combo , love the steam coming off the tea :)
I might have been tempted to tidy it a little by cloning out the little bright bits to the left of the cup rim & straighten it a smidge

Hi Nathan - a couple of great shots there. I don't mind (personally) the background - it makes it look more like a cafe or similar. Love the capture of the steam... how did you manage that out of interest?

Great take for the theme and very nicely executed & converted. (y)

Hi, bliss is a nice pic nice conversion to B+W and to get the steam is a bonus, not easy to do, needs a little straighten but thats easily fixed
nice start to your 52 (y)

Hi Nathan - a couple of great shots there. I don't mind (personally) the background - it makes it look more like a cafe or similar. Love the capture of the steam... how did you manage that out of interest?

Great take for the theme and very nicely executed & converted. (y)

main way to achieve the steam is a boiling hot cuppa and decent light to show it off, i was lucky the light was shining through my patio doors perfectly. the other thing that helps is being stingy with the heating. it was quite cold in my living room that morning

Hi, bliss is a nice pic nice conversion to B+W and to get the steam is a bonus, not easy to do, needs a little straighten but thats easily fixed
nice start to your 52 (y)

I did try to staighten but PS cropped too much when I tried, my fault for being a bit squiff.

Thanks Mandy, Sorry I should have explained it is a cable for the inside of a laptop, it is a rather fragile little thing hence the tweezers, ironically though the things that fasten them into place 'the black clips' are the most flimsy of the lot.

Scenic, I had so much more to give and many more stunning shots to catch on this image but as I was working and it was just a quick stop on route to my next job I couldn't really push it for any more lol

Fragile - Nice close up shot with good lighting

Scenic - I do like the vista on the one. I'm not sure about the colours though as it makes the image feel a little flat other than the snowy hillside in the background. Where is it?

Hiya Nathan

Nice shot for fragile - perfectly on theme and nice shallow DOF works. A touch more light wouldn't hurt, but I also like it how you have: dark and moody.

Scenic - could do with a touch more interest for me, something to grab me, maybe a tree? Alternatively, it might be that slice of rocky ground at the front which is distracting... not sure, sorry?!

scenic ... looks good when zoomed on Flickr. The version posted here could be bigger, I'd be inclined to crop that FG and about 20% off the LHS. Get into centre right detail and comparison between the green fields and snow-covered peaks.

Fragile - Nice close up shot with good lighting

Scenic - I do like the vista on the one. I'm not sure about the colours though as it makes the image feel a little flat other than the snowy hillside in the background. Where is it?
Think it might be cause its always on my laptop and its far from calibrated screenwise, its quite vibrant on there see, maybe I'll revisit and post result, thanks for the comments
Hiya Nathan

Nice shot for fragile - perfectly on theme and nice shallow DOF works. A touch more light wouldn't hurt, but I also like it how you have: dark and moody.

Scenic - could do with a touch more interest for me, something to grab me, maybe a tree? Alternatively, it might be that slice of rocky ground at the front which is distracting... not sure, sorry?!
Thanks
scenic ... looks good when zoomed on Flickr. The version posted here could be bigger, I'd be inclined to crop that FG and about 20% off the LHS. Get into centre right detail and comparison between the green fields and snow-covered peaks.
I'll give it a go and see what it looks like thanks for the tips and comments all

I like the concept for this, however I'm not a fan of the heavy vignette, also the horizon looks to be sloping down to the right. On a positive the colours and detail of the sky really stand out

I agree with Chris, I am not too keen on the heavy vignette too. Maybe something a bit more softer so that we can see a this lovely sky more?

The shadow of the trees on the left is a bit disruptive.

I like your shadow idea.

Can only agree with what has already been said.

Great shot - be even better with half the vignette.

Hi, vignette is a little too much, and it's a pity the lower left was also in shadow. Holding hands would be a nice touch.

Cracking sky though and on theme.

Cheers.

Hi Nath, long time no speak :p I've only just found your thread for the TP52. You are off to a great start. All four images so far are great.

BTW, I'm down in Cardiff this weekend and I'm being abandoned by the Mrs while she goes shopping for her wedding dress. Give me a shout if you fancy going out shooting. I'll be using Saturday to hopefully shoot whatever theme is picked for the challenge.

Thats better, however I now see the shadow from the tree on the left, which detracts from the strength go the main shadows. I'mm not sure but from looking at the light on the ground, moving a couple of metres to the right would have allowed the light between you and the tree shadow, to create a stronger separation. Other than that as Andy suggested, maybe holding hands to highlight the companionship. Totally on theme and a nice interpretation of it too.

Thank you all for your comments, it was in fact a pure fluke this shot, I was walking and thought that shadow would look pretty cool and literally just lifted my hand by my chest and shot, afterwards I thought 'ah if only I held her hand' and composed a little more and even looked through the viewfinder. Nevermind live and learn, I didn't even notice the shadow on the left, clouds came over shortly after blocking out the lovely light behind me so I couldn't really re-shoot. Nevermind it's all learning :D
once again thanks for the comments, helps a lot!

Finally got round to doing week 5 this morning, not my greatest but I did find this theme quite difficult plus I hate doing the same this as other people I like to try and find something different.

anyways enough rambling here it is:

week5 by NathanBrowning, on Flickr

Back