weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Hi Jill

Shimmer ... I like the dreaminess of the beach, and then that bokeh through the trees. Both on theme.

Elements ... clever/crafty one. But I'm not sure re focus & light, not that I know about such things.

Thanks David (y) and I'm not sure about light and focus either, ever :p

Bugger, there goes my idea for Elements. I may have to try it anyway.
Is it slightly over exposed towards the bottom left (or is it my laptop monitor?)
Nice capture of the colours :)

Hi Tim, thanks for dropping in. Not showing over exposed in Lightroom but it is lighter than the rest of the image (y)

Ha, Seasonal :tumbleweed: it doesn't really change much here other than it gets dark earlier and we get a little bit of rain once in a while. No moody, foggy mornings, no trees with leaves changing colour, no carpet of leaves to scuff through with the smell of bonfires in the air. I'm not sure whether my first shot is a Shoehorn or a Joker, but, quite frankly my dear I don't give a damn :ROFLMAO:

My second is more abstract but it is at least a seasonal vegetable.......

No moody, foggy mornings, no trees with leaves changing colour, no carpet of leaves to scuff through with the smell of bonfires in the air
Some people are never bloody satisfied :(
:p

Shoehorn ,
I'm gonna make it obligatory, at least once next year I think :D
If I can get a Wolverine gob shot into Seasonal, I don't see why you can't get "seasoning"

Both work for me, JIll, but I think the close up of the pumpkin guts is the winner (y)

Last edited:
Seasoning - a horrible pun, and I believe that you are already on a warning.... so watch it o_O - :D:LOL:

That pumpkins innards are yuckie! - nicely shot for detail and colour and texture and depth... Bravo!

Hi Jill. The thought did occur to me too so no shoehorn with Seasonal. Bright vivid colours and nicely angled across the frame for added interest. Quite like the pumpkin too - quite fibrous aren't they - again beautifully vibrant. Yes #2 for me - makes a lovely abstract. :clap:

Some people are never bloody satisfied :(
:p

I'm gonna make it obligatory, at least once next year I think :D
If I can get a Wolverine gob shot into Seasonal, I don't see why you can't get "seasoning"

Both work for me, JIll, but I think the close up of the pumpkin guts is the winner (y)

Satisfied, moi? :ROFLMAO:

An Obligatory Shoehorn would be fab and much better than a reshoot week I think (y)

Love the Seasoning shot. Perfect viewpoint and good use of the pots running diagonally. :clap:

Cheers Stan. It's from our local market which is only 300 meters away from our new place.

Seasoning - a horrible pun, and I believe that you are already on a warning.... so watch it o_O - :D:LOL:

That pumpkins innards are yuckie! - nicely shot for detail and colour and texture and depth... Bravo!

Me, on a warning :ROFLMAO::LOL:. Me importa un pepino :rolleyes:

Yuckie pumpkin innards are a speciality of mine.

PS, just seen your link to the post 52 meet :(, I vote for Madrid :LOL:

Hi Jill :) love your seasoningal ...hot, spicy, and warming, all the glorious autumn colours are there.
Pumpkin is a tad too close in for me, but a super bright colour and perfect for the theme.

Thanks Susie. The market here is fab for all the spices, fruit and veg and it's just across the road from our new place (y)

Hi Jill. The thought did occur to me too so no shoehorn with Seasonal. Bright vivid colours and nicely angled across the frame for added interest. Quite like the pumpkin too - quite fibrous aren't they - again beautifully vibrant. Yes #2 for me - makes a lovely abstract. :clap:

Thanks Carl, lots to choose from at the local market (y)

Last edited:
An Obligatory Shoehorn would be fab and much better than a reshoot week I think (y)
Hmmmm I'll find away of putting that idea to the membership in that case ;)

Hi Jill.
Great colours in Seasonal(ing) and as others have said, the diagonal lines add interest too.
Am I the only one who sees the skeleton of a birds head in the pumpkin shot? There is defo an eye and a beak...

Hi Jill, the first one for me, i don't think its shoehorned at all the thought did cross my mind too

the diagonal composition works really well, quite like the detail in the pumpkin but the spices just pip it for me

Seasonal #1 ... seasoning crossed my mind too when trying to think of something other than the English autumn. Nice colours, shame about the BG.

Seasonal #2 ... what a great way to photograph a pumpkin. (y)

Hi Jill.
Great colours in Seasonal(ing) and as others have said, the diagonal lines add interest too.
Am I the only one who sees the skeleton of a birds head in the pumpkin shot? There is defo an eye and a beak...

Hahaha, now you point it out ;) Thanks Tim(y)

Hi Jill, the first one for me, i don't think its shoehorned at all the thought did cross my mind too

the diagonal composition works really well, quite like the detail in the pumpkin but the spices just pip it for me

Cheers Allan (y)

Seasonal #1 ... seasoning crossed my mind too when trying to think of something other than the English autumn. Nice colours, shame about the BG.

Seasonal #2 ... what a great way to photograph a pumpkin. (y)

Hi David, I didn't think the stallholder would have been too happy if I'd started mucking about with his display :eek:

Glad you like the pumpkin :)

Last edited:
Hi there Jill,

Shimmer: I love No2. I struggled with shimmer as it describes a dynamic condition. Not something that is easy to capture in a still photo but it appears that you have achieved it (y)
Elements: Another good take on the theme.
Seasonal: I like them both. The composition and the colours of the first and the "on theme" nature of the second.
Full (of beans): Very clever (y) I do think Carl is right though :eek: :D

Something I'm not very often but watch out when I am :rolleyes:
LOL I bet ! :D

Clever Idea Madam Jill, it fits the theme well (y)

Hey Madam Jill :)

Seasonal/ing - Ooooooh yes, nowt wrong with that , nothing I do not like about this one, the Angles, colours, different textures, a nice warm exotic image - a tenuous link but hey, super job :)

Full - What a cracking idea, not sure where your mind was when you thought of it :D but a great end result, liking the composition, lighting and overall set-up, the reflections in the juice puddle top it off nicely (y)

Ha ha - bet you're fun to be with after one of those egg/bean combos. Ozone depletion specials. Love it. :clap:

Just add in a few fried onions and I've got it covered :p Thanks Carl (y)

Hi there Jill,

Shimmer: I love No2. I struggled with shimmer as it describes a dynamic condition. Not something that is easy to capture in a still photo but it appears that you have achieved it (y)
Elements: Another good take on the theme.
Seasonal: I like them both. The composition and the colours of the first and the "on theme" nature of the second.
Full (of beans): Very clever (y) I do think Carl is right though :eek: :D

Hi Lee, thanks for looking and glad you like them :D

LOL I bet ! :D

Clever Idea Madam Jill, it fits the theme well (y)

Not my idea though, Dark Star did it in 2009 (but not as well as this :ROFLMAO:). The theme then was Confusion but I thought it suited Full.

Full of beans.

Nice one.

Good lighting, composition and colours.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy (n)

Hey Madam Jill :)

Seasonal/ing - Ooooooh yes, nowt wrong with that , nothing I do not like about this one, the Angles, colours, different textures, a nice warm exotic image - a tenuous link but hey, super job :)

Full - What a cracking idea, not sure where your mind was when you thought of it :D but a great end result, liking the composition, lighting and overall set-up, the reflections in the juice puddle top it off nicely (y)

Thanks Dean (y), as I said above, it has been done before in 2009 for the theme Confusion by fellow TPer Dark Star

Full - That's a really nice sharp shot that stands out well from the background and such a good, different take on the subject.
:clap:

Thanks Tim (y)

Hi, Great idea for full wether its been done before or not (y)

the shot for habit works really well with the well caught cloud of smoke making the image :clap:

That is an excellent shot for Habit. The definition of the smoke is great and the vignette draws the eye straight to the subject. b&w suits the image too.

Hi Jill,

I like the concept of your Habit shot. The vignetting works well and the captured smoke fits the theme. I like the mono but can't make my mind up on the 'dreamy' look to it...

Haha Jill, great minds think alike! My first idea was actually full of beans, but I couldn't find anything interesting to put them in, so I changed to the cards :p Really good idea to use the eggshell.

Hi Jill ... a couple a crackers since my last visit. (y)

Full of beans haha ... Oh what fun you've been having ... top job! I'm wondering if you're using a washable plastic surface, and your beans look more baked bean coloured than the ones in my recent pic.

Habit ... real nice capture. You did one a while back of a doctors waiting room, using iPhone and furtive trickery ... I just love that effect. Is this the same iPhone edit job?

You did, very nice. Far better than the street shot I got for Habit...

Thanks Tim, although your cropped b&w version is a big improvement (y)

Hi, Great idea for full wether its been done before or not (y)

the shot for habit works really well with the well caught cloud of smoke making the image :clap:

Thanks a lot Allan (n)

That is an excellent shot for Habit. The definition of the smoke is great and the vignette draws the eye straight to the subject. b&w suits the image too.

Cheers Carl :)

Hi Jill ...nice one for full ...love the idea ...I think I had a brain freeze this week!

Habit ...a smasher...he looks very deep in thought, the black and white a great choice, the clouds of smoke and the murky background give it the atmosphere you wanted.

Hi Susie, my first thought for the beans was a pea pod but thought it might be a bit too faffy and messy, second thought was an Andy Warhol type Heinz tin, then I settled for the egg. I did have to crack a few to get a decent shell but the omelette was nice :) As for Habit sometimes a phone is better than a camera for capturing the essence.

Haha Jill, great minds think alike! My first idea was actually full of beans, but I couldn't find anything interesting to put them in, so I changed to the cards :p Really good idea to use the eggshell.

Hi Elaine, thanks for dropping by. :)

Back