weekly Bruja's 52 - 2017 AWOL and OUT

I was a bit confused at first as to what it was Jill (nothing new there :)) I agree with the others it's spot on for the theme and one of those ''why didn't I think of that' ones.

Great idea Jill, works really well in B&W it really brings out all the texture on those buttons.

Thanks Susie and Georgina (y)

1st smoke for me very naughty :banana: we shall say no more.

2nd vivid, very vivid red poppies, works better than the abstract nature of the first
sorry you are not feeling too good, Hope you are feeling better soon

Ddint initially get the first smoke, but now I do, I like!

Second vivid for me - because it is....

I'm a people person .. the fag smoking geezer ... what a fab portrait, tight crop, sharp in all the right places. (y)

Vivid #1 because I don't know what it is plus is has colour and texture. And the poppies look overly processed or something.

Good to see you back on form ... again. :D

The first smoke has to take it for audacity but the second is, as d00d says, a very good portrait and first vivid for me too

Love the smoking portrait, really nice capture and the vivid shot thru the glass (?). Not sure whats happened to the poppies, they do kind of look odd. The petals don't seem to match with the stems, other than looking a little odd, it still a nice shot. Nice job.

Good to see you still taking part. Well done for keeping going.

Smoke - both good ideas but I feel the portrait has more connection and interest so it would be my choice. Feels maybe a little to bright in the highlights but otherwise I love it.

Vivid - The first for me. Love the colours and the diffraction/refraction (no idea which it is!) of the lines/colour through the glass

i'm so glad you can't behave Jill :D

Love the second smoke though - great eye contact, strong crop and bags of character. The first vivid is wonderful too - I'm guessing a glass on some colourful fabric, but the noise and crop makes it wonderfully abstract.

1st smoke for me very naughty :banana: we shall say no more.

2nd vivid, very vivid red poppies, works better than the abstract nature of the first
sorry you are not feeling too good, Hope you are feeling better soon

Large is even naughtier :rolleyes:

I hope I'm feeling better soon too :D

Ddint initially get the first smoke, but now I do, I like!

Second vivid for me - because it is....

Thank you Mark (y)

I'm a people person .. the fag smoking geezer ... what a fab portrait, tight crop, sharp in all the right places. (y)

Vivid #1 because I don't know what it is plus is has colour and texture. And the poppies look overly processed or something.

Good to see you back on form ... again. :D

Hi David, glad you like the geezer's pic and #1 Vivid is taken through a balloon brandy glass stood on a striped duvet cover.

The poppies are SOOC minus a dust spot so blame nature for the processing :p

The first smoke has to take it for audacity but the second is, as d00d says, a very good portrait and first vivid for me too

Thanks Chris, Large is even more audacious :p

Yep another vote for the splendidly vivid first shot, loving the portrait for Smoke best too, a good pair of pairs either way (y)

Thanks Dean (y)

Smoke, used to love the stuff many years ago so well done one that naughty one but now I don``t smoke at all anymore :)
Vivid, two very nice shots, but it has to be the 1st one for me :)

Thanks Dave, and it's purely medicinal :whistle:

An unusual take on the Smoke theme.

I like the 1st Vivid shot, very abstract and colourful. Is it the bottom of a glass or bottle?

Yes Stan it's the bottom of a brandy balloon.

Love the smoking portrait, really nice capture and the vivid shot thru the glass (?). Not sure whats happened to the poppies, they do kind of look odd. The petals don't seem to match with the stems, other than looking a little odd, it still a nice shot. Nice job.

Thank you kind sir. As I said above the poppies are SOOC except for the removal of a dust spot.

Good to see you still taking part. Well done for keeping going.

Smoke - both good ideas but I feel the portrait has more connection and interest so it would be my choice. Feels maybe a little to bright in the highlights but otherwise I love it.

Vivid - The first for me. Love the colours and the diffraction/refraction (no idea which it is!) of the lines/colour through the glass

Thanks Steve (y)

Hi, Vivid #1 for me. Nice and abstract and very...vivid.

Quite noisy but I like the square crop.

Cheers.

Welcome back Andy,I wondered where you'd got to.

Thanks for commenting

Hi Jill ...good to see you hanging on in there, I like the natural photo of the smoker, he looks very happy :)
The Vivid choice through the glass fits the theme perfectly ...very eye catching.

Good to see you hanging in too and stop worrying about commenting, I've not made any comments for a couple of weeks now :(

Nice set, as they say smoke god made beer man made. Gret colour in last two shots.

Er, can you translate that Walter :confused:

i'm so glad you can't behave Jill :D

Love the second smoke though - great eye contact, strong crop and bags of character. The first vivid is wonderful too - I'm guessing a glass on some colourful fabric, but the noise and crop makes it wonderfully abstract.

Definitely not behaving this week :D

And you are spot on for Vivid. A brandy balloon half filled and placed on top of a striped duvet cover.

Well, before I spotted the rings, I was going to ask whose hands they were! Indeed, a brave shot and even the wife approves. Well done.

A shot which means you have to trust your self timer does not run fast.

Oh, filth again! Great high key photo, work very well.

Well done Jill very brave. I like the high key effect too and it's definitely art (y)

:plus1: Well that definitely fits the theme, very well done.

Hold - took me a second to get it. Great lighting on the buttons
Smoke - I think I prefer the first, it's a cheeky subject and you've captured lovely soft teture in those leaves
Vivid - the first shot for me, couldn't be better for the theme and it's a lovely abstract composition
Large - weirdly, this is the exact shot I thought you'd do for 'hold'...

Back