Carl's 2016 TP52 Challenge **Completed**

Effort.....You look knackered Carl, what on earth had you been doing? :LOL:

Technology....Really like that one. Every element (pardon the pun) works there.

nice bit of PP carl works really well, i take it you have used some kind of texture for the BG

Made me look at theme in a different light:) Nice BG, and the touch of arcing light gives it punch
Thanks Walter - was looking for old technology that we almost take for granted and a blub flashed above my head ha ha

nice bit of PP carl works really well, i take it you have used some kind of texture for the BG
Thanks Allan - would you believe it's a dandelion puff ball blurred to near extinction !! Strange what things work together.

Last edited:
That is brilliant, Carl. Well done :clap:Absolutely spot on and can't imagine how to improve it - superb!

Very nicely done Carl ...love the soft effect around the bulb it gives it an almost textured look.

Two brilliant shots for effort and technology Carl - love the lighting in both. The sweat looks real enough to me on your edit and the background for the bulb works beautifully. Bravo!!

Thank you Paul, Susie & Emma. Difficult to make a light bulb even remotely interesting ha ha.

How on earth did I miss these - so sorry.

Effort.....You look knackered Carl, what on earth had you been doing? :LOL: Technology....Really like that one. Every element (pardon the pun) works there.
I've nurtured that particular look for years Ruth, now it just comes naturally ha ha. Thank you.

Nice work Carl. :clap:
Thank you David

Great idea, Carl, and the result with those clear details on the filament is worth your experimentation. I really like the subtle colours and textured backdrop, too.
Thank you Andrea. Needed a good bg to bring some added interest to an otherwise fairly bland subject I suppose.

Fabulous Carl. Love the image so well taken and the post work is awesome.

Gaz

Technology is super, liking the processing as its not over the top.

Wow...that is a stunning photoshoppery trickery delight! Beautful tones colours and light and I love the question hanging over the keys on the red ribbon. The way the reflected lights change colour subtly is wonderful too. I love it :)

Wow...that is a stunning photoshoppery trickery delight! Beautful tones colours and light and I love the question hanging over the keys on the red ribbon. The way the reflected lights change colour subtly is wonderful too. I love it :)
Thank you Emma - the red/green combination drew my interest and had a lot of fun experimenting with PS.

No no no Carl, the light is diagnoal not horizontal...Oh, you mean the slats ;) A very interesting picture, it leaves you wondering/imagining what story is :clap:
Ha ha ha - thanks Tim. Wish the "story" was more interesting - keys just there to counter against memory loss really !!!

Very good Carl, I like the way the subtle non-horizontal elements emphasise the horizontal.

Totally agree with @Emja in the diagonal light and particularly the keys add to the shot. Colours are spot on also.

Very good Carl, I like the way the subtle non-horizontal elements emphasise the horizontal.
Thank you Chris.

Lot going on in that shot carl, very pleasing, love the shadow cast, shades of green, and a nice touch with keys, good compo, :)
Thanks Walter
:agree: .... sexy summery low light feel. :clap:
Cheers David

Totally agree with @Emja in the diagonal light and particularly the keys add to the shot. Colours are spot on also.
Thanks Ian.

Really like that Carl some superb lighting well captured
Thank you Mark

Horizontal - Great shot I like the diagonal light reflections.

Works well Carl, and the ribbon / keys are a nice touch too.

Horizontal - Great shot I like the diagonal light reflections.
I agree with d00d there Carl ...lovely light summery feel to the shot, spot on composition ...very nicely done :clap:
Lovely lighting on that mate, brings out the colours and textures really well, the red ribbon adds a nice splash of contrasting colour, really nice (y)
Works well Carl, and the ribbon / keys are a nice touch too.

Thank you all. It is a composite of two images - the less obvious being the diagonals which are in fact my art chalks.

Artificial - Wow, really love it! An amazing piece of abstract art that I think someone would possibly pay a lot of money for if it were hanging on a fancy gallery wall. :p

Personal - I had to look again to see the apple in the background because the stone just grabs your attention. I like the lighting with the dark edges and hot spot. :)

Effort - It’s a nice idea and I like the composition and dramatic light. Only thing is the sweat doesn’t look real, mostly because I don’t think sweat gathers on the cheeks quite like that. :p

Technology - Beautiful picture! Loving the background hues and the sharpness of the bulb and sparkly light.

Horizontal - I really like this one for so many reasons. The red ribbon against the green, the diagonal shadows across the horizontal slats, the keys hanging there so teasingly. Everything just works. :)

Horizontal - it's a great picture. You've pulled together very complementary tones and elements and the assembled image is super. Being super critical, it does look very slightly "fake" but to be honest, if you'd captured it all in camera and put it through a more aggressive HDR programme, it'd probably look even more fake! So that just takes us back to a great image and very pleasing composition :clap:

What a fascinating shot, Carl! Obviously meets the theme, but in addition to that the light and shadows work well together to add textures and diagonal lines, the green and red contrast perfectly, and the keys and bright ribbon provide such a strong focal point. It's a really striking and thought provoking image and has a very warm, summery feel :clap:

Hi Carl, I like that, it does look a little odd but for me it works,the colour is really good

Nicely done and beautiful colour too. Love the idea of the keys and a dash of red to add some interest. :clap:
Thanks Stan

Only thing is the sweat doesn’t look real, mostly because I don’t think sweat gathers on the cheeks quite like that. :p
Thanks for all your comments Sheylara - Effort let alone sweat is alien to me so not surprised it looks false ha ha

......Being super critical, it does look very slightly "fake"
Know what you mean Paul - it was constructed so fair comment.

Really like Technology Carl, love the processing
Thanks Phil

.......and has a very warm, summery feel :clap:
Thanks Andrea - maybe motivated by all this unexpected sunshine we've been getting recently.

Hi Carl, I like that, it does look a little odd but for me it works, he colour is really good
Thanks Allan - I did apply a Gradient in PS so maybe oddness is something to do with that ... or perhaps the art chalk diagonals of course.

Back