catclick's 52 week challenge 2021 - Week 14 Spring

OP
catclick
Name
Catherine
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 01 Pineapple Cross Section.jpg
Tried to catch the light through the cross section of the pineapple. To get this, the ironing board was on the left and the clothes horse was on the right with a wire running between them, going through the pineapple top to suspend the pineapple in the air.

Last edited:

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
PRINCESS
Edit My Images
No
Welcome to the 52 you will love it here as all are friendly and helpful if/when you need it.

I like the image and thanks for saying how you did it.

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Interesting... A lot of the time we tend to go out of our way to avoid shots looking 'floaty', but that's exactly the look you wanted and achieved it. :)
Welcome to the 52.
Did you clone out the wire? Or was it thin enough to disappear into the background.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice fruity fruit pic ;)

OP
catclick
Name
Catherine
Edit My Images
Yes
Interesting... A lot of the time we tend to go out of our way to avoid shots looking 'floaty', but that's exactly the look you wanted and achieved it. :)
Welcome to the 52.
Did you clone out the wire? Or was it thin enough to disappear into the background.
I had to clone it out, I did try a thin nylon thread but it wouldn't hold the weight.

OP
catclick
Name
Catherine
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome Catherine. I was trying to work out how you made it floaty so thanks for explaining. Good job it's not a washing day :)

Lovely golden colour. Do you have a flash behind to light it?
Yes, The flash is behind the white vinyl and the pineapple body

Cobra

Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Fruit, nice clear image.

close by, amusing winter image.

You are off to a good start Catherine. (y)

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi & welcome Catherine.

Food ... Well done, good detail in the leaves ....

Nearby ... yet socially distanced! :giggle:

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I like the way you’ve taken the pineapple Catherine. It looks great. Your nearby shot made me smile. I like it a lot.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Fruit
I too don't mind the floaty look. I'm looking in my phone (so it might be that), but to the left, right and below there seems to be some dark areas, not quite as white as the rest of the background.

OP
catclick
Name
Catherine
Edit My Images
Yes
Fruit
I too don't mind the floaty look. I'm looking in my phone (so it might be that), but to the left, right and below there seems to be some dark areas, not quite as white as the rest of the background.
It is dark at the edges, that was where the vinyl curved and the light was a bit different. The dark bit below is the shadow from where the pineapple was hanging. I've reprocessed it now and sorted that, so hopefully looking better now, I have put it on Flickr..... Pineapple Cross Section | Pineapple suspended with a plain w… | Flickr . I'm still picking up photoshop/lightroom skills, one of the reasons to do this challenge to make me try new things.

blakester

Shine On Harvest Moon
Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Great start to your 52 Catherine, liking your fruit image a lot and particularly like your behind the scene (bts) information.

Edit My Images
Yes
Now whatever that is - it looks tasty!!

Nice to see a dirty image a bit different from the norm! Nicely done.

I don't think I saw this in the main thread?

OP
catclick
Name
Catherine
Edit My Images
Yes
Now whatever that is - it looks tasty!!

Nice to see a dirty image a bit different from the norm! Nicely done.

I don't think I saw this in the main thread?
Thanks. It is scones in the making. Still to add the link. Just new to this and not confident with navigation yet.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Messy rather than dirty (I hope :)), but it's in the interpretation and it's a nice shot either way!
I like scones.......jam first or cream.....perhaps not a debate for this thread

Name
Heather
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm playing catch up on comments Catherine,
I absolutely love your pineapple, beautiful composition and excellent editing. Your socially distanced snowmen are spot on for the current clime, we don't get snow here on the south coast very often so I am extremely jealous.
Mmmmm Cake... now you really are making me even more jealous, snow then cake :confused: again brilliantly on topic for dirty or is that tasty.

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Catherine

Nearby - That's a fun shot. Sells the snowy scenery and dull light. Oddly I'm drawn most to the bridge, because it presumably a ruin?
Dirty - Baking... A lockdown pass time. Lit really well because that could have been a nightmare of highlights.

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
Fruit - a very floaty pineapple indeed thanks for the details of how you did it.
Nearby - that made me smile.
Dirty - well lit especially with a metal bowl, and some tasty treats homemade for your troubles.

OP
catclick
Name
Catherine
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Catherine

Nearby - That's a fun shot. Sells the snowy scenery and dull light. Oddly I'm drawn most to the bridge, because it presumably a ruin?
Dirty - Baking... A lockdown pass time. Lit really well because that could have been a nightmare of highlights.
The bridge is the old Packhorse bridge in Carrbridge. There are signs to say no access, however there were footprints in the snow over the bridge.

OP
catclick
Name
Catherine
Edit My Images
Yes
Messy rather than dirty (I hope :)), but it's in the interpretation and it's a nice shot either way!
I like scones.......jam first or cream.....perhaps not a debate for this thread
Yes, I agree, messy rather than dirty but I thought it fitted the theme. And it has to be jam first, then cream for me! :giggle:

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Dirty
It's a good idea. It's funny how dirty is associated with something that's not nice or bad, but you've shown here that that's not always the case.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
That looks messy .... if that's the photographer's hand we are seeing.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Stone
That's an interesting bit of architecture. It stands out well against the blue sky.