weekly Chris P My 2019 52’s Week 36 Soft

Week 6 Waiting (for customers) a little wonder around Castries today. Came across this lady Waiting for Customers. The street markets are great, full of life and colours.

Waiting for Customers by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Second option Waiting to Cross

Waiting to Cross by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

There’s so much going on I could post quite a few today.

Last edited:
Great candid images, love the colours.

Lovely colours.
I need to get over my fear of street photography, in my mind it seems rude pointing a camera at random people. Lol

Colours galore!! The first for me. This week the thread will be full of street photography so, like Rob, some of us will have to overcome our 'fear' of togging strangers or rather our dread at being spotted!

Still on holiday then. Think we are all green with envy on here. Fantastic colours in those images and fit the brief really well. love the first image so much to look at and you captured the detail well in the post.

1st one for me too though they both work lovely bright colour it’s something we are lacking here at the minute

Great candid images, love the colours.
Jim the whole town is full of characters and colours. Just a tad hot to walk around for a few hours. But worth it for the pics.
1st image for me Chris showing the lady waiting for someone to come and buy some stuff, both nice and colourful shots.
Dave she had a lot of competition from other traders, I don’t think her spot was very good.
Love the colours on the first image, and that expression says it all.
Ian, she didn’t seem happy at all !
Are you still on holiday?! <Not jealous at all>

These are excellent, Chris, particularly the first one as her expression immediately lets you know that she is waiting around for something or someone. I like your composition to place her on one side and her produce on the other.
Thanks Andrea still on my hols ! Back home in a few days. Back to the cold and reality. It was a shot where I just caught her expression.
Lovely colours.
I need to get over my fear of street photography, in my mind it seems rude pointing a camera at random people. Lol
Dave I always use my 50-140 and from a distance ! But some people just love their photo taken

Casteries Market Street by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Colours galore!! The first for me. This week the thread will be full of street photography so, like Rob, some of us will have to overcome our 'fear' of togging strangers or rather our dread at being spotted!
Long lens Bob and make it look as if your taking a photo of something else. I always find you know if they don’t like it by their expression and generally if they put their hand up

Still on holiday then. Think we are all green with envy on here. Fantastic colours in those images and fit the brief really well. love the first image so much to look at and you captured the detail well in the post.
Thanks Mandy back to reality next week ! It’s been easy to find the time to comment on the threads though, something I’ll have to keep up next week.
Love those bright colours Chris, I really like that chap pushing his sack truck, but it’s the first one for me purely on composition, I like the inclusion of the people on the left.
He was quite a character Susie, he actually didn’t cross the road but came up to me and started chatting about the weather !

1st one for me too though they both work lovely bright colour it’s something we are lacking here at the minute
Thanks Allan, it’s my favourite of the day, apart from this one. She just walked by with her shopping on her head. Didn’t fit the theme though
Casteries Market Street by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Thanks all for you comments and taking the time to look. I have always liked street photography but tend to use a long lens and make it look as though I am not actually taking a photo of them and then a quick snap.

Last edited:
Fantastic work Chris!

All these images are so compelling!
Such vibrant colours and interesting compositions, and the expressions are perfect....what great stories!
These could only work as colour images, and you've done a great job processing them to bring out the richness and contrast very well.
I think the first image is the winner for me too....it has everything just right!
Marvellous!!(y)

Great pix! The first is best for the theme :)

Like them both - good for theme and lots of colour and vibrance

Waiting
I think they both have their merits, but #1 is nice bright and colourful.

Fantastic work Chris!

All these images are so compelling!
Such vibrant colours and interesting compositions, and the expressions are perfect....what great stories!
These could only work as colour images, and you've done a great job processing them to bring out the richness and contrast very well.
I think the first image is the winner for me too....it has everything just right!
Marvellous!!(y)
Thanks Gareth, it’s why I love the Caribbean. The people, the colours. There’s always something going on.
Great pix! The first is best for the theme :)
Thanks Dave
Nice colours and that's some expression you've captured.
Nice to see a bit more street.
Thanks Tim, I wanted to include as much of the vendor and her produce as possible. It’s a fine balance I think. I was stood the other side of the road and used my 50-140. I still get nervous taking street photos!
That 1st one is great Chris, love the colours, the expression is great.
Thanks a Michael
Two great images Chris. Like everyone else the expressions on their faces and the colours are brilliant.
Thanks Carl, I have quite a few other I took but haven’t had the chance to process them yet.
Like them both - good for theme and lots of colour and vibrance
Thanks Ian
Waiting
I think they both have their merits, but #1 is nice bright and colourful.
Thanks Dominic

Thanks all for takin* the time to view and comment !

Both work not sure which one I prefer maybe the second though there is something about the simplicity of the first

Both are smashing images Chris!
I really like the abstract nature of the second image - those textures and contrasts work really well.
The first is simpler, and better for it....I like it the more I look at it!
Something about grainy, sandy textures!
Nicely done!(y)

Both rough images. The first is far the best in my opinion. like others like the simplicity and mono suits it very well with the narrow DoF.

I like the simplicity of the first one and the detail in the second. I can kind of see the side of a skull down in the lighter section in the bottom left! Two great takes on the theme.

Nice shots Chris, I like both. I have the 35mm f2, I bet the 1.4 is nice!

It's all been said, nice images indeed - no.1 for me too.

Love the second one but I would have knocked back the highlights on the 'skull' in the bottom left as my eye is drawn there rather than on the beautiful bit in the middle.

Nice shots Chris, at first I thought it was a roof tile! Lovely detail! I do prefer the first one I think because of the DOF.

Love that second one. Great find. Loads of texture to it.

I can see tiny little alien in the left corner and a dinosaur staring at it - I must stop taking the pills :)

Two good images for rough, but keep taking the pills if you`r seeing faces and skulls :D On a good not I`ve taken mine and can see a little man working in the 2nd shot.
Dave the more I look I see more and more. It’s getting quite disturbing!
Both work not sure which one I prefer maybe the second though there is something about the simplicity of the first
Thanks Allan that was my initial intention simplicity, but thought the tree was interesting
Two very good shots there Chris. The simplicity of the first one wins it for me. Nice one (y)
Thanks Lee
Both are smashing images Chris!
I really like the abstract nature of the second image - those textures and contrasts work really well.
The first is simpler, and better for it....I like it the more I look at it!
Something about grainy, sandy textures!
Nicely done!(y)
Thanks Gareth, the mortar glistens under certain light but I couldn’t capture it ! I had to make do with a close shot.
Two really original ideas, Chris. The second one is fascinating and the more I look the more things I 'see' in there, but I agree with Lee that the simplicity of the first one appeals more. Both work really well in B&W (y)
Thanks Andrea, must admit my favourite is the tree
Both rough images. The first is far the best in my opinion. like others like the simplicity and mono suits it very well with the narrow DoF.
Thanks Mandy !
Both bang on theme. The first for me because of the abstract feel it has.
Thanks Bob !
I like the simplicity of the first one and the detail in the second. I can kind of see the side of a skull down in the lighter section in the bottom left! Two great takes on the theme.
I knew I wasn’t going mad Carl if you can see a skull as well. I can see a few more faces !
Two theme fitting shots. First is simple and straight to the point and longer you look in the second shot more objects you can see.
Thanks Stan !
Nice shots Chris, I like both. I have the 35mm f2, I bet the 1.4 is nice!
My favourite lens Dom, I have the 18-50 but the 35 is great. It’s so crisp
It's all been said, nice images indeed - no.1 for me too.
Thanks Jim !
Love the second one but I would have knocked back the highlights on the 'skull' in the bottom left as my eye is drawn there rather than on the beautiful bit in the middle.
Joan I’ll upload the original as it shows the centre off much better
Rough
I'm liking the tree shot, I can see what you see.
Thanks Dominic, there is a story behind the tree !
Nice shots Chris, at first I thought it was a roof tile! Lovely detail! I do prefer the first one I think because of the DOF.
Thanks Daniel !
Love that second one. Great find. Loads of texture to it.

I can see tiny little alien in the left corner and a dinosaur staring at it - I must stop taking the pills :)
Aliens and dinosaurs ! Yep I can see these as well !

Thanks all for looking and commenting it definitely drives me on.

There is a story behind the tree it’s right next to a graveyard ! The sea has started to erode the beach and at first I thought it was a skull ! I had to take a really close look to make sure !
Here’s the original, let’s see what you can see now. An owl, monkey, man with a pickaxe ?

Rough by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Like IanD, I can see a Man/Alien walking bottom left, even moreso in the second version.
A very interesting shot (y)
Thanks Tim, I am not sure what has caused all these strange features to the tree. I can only think it’s the salt water ? Must admit I took quite a few pics of trees in the area.
I like the brickwork shot, nice use of DOF to make you look in the right place. nice mono too.
Thanks !

“Object” from my holiday !

Thought about something quite different for this week. It’s a handmade Sri Lanken Mayra Raksha (Peacock Demon) “Object” Mask made from wood from the snake wood tree. It brings you peace, harmony and wealth. Brought a few different objects back from Sri Lanka and this is my favourite. It hangs outside on my shed.

Object by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Back