Clives 52 in 2020

That's a good little set, showing all of the different details.

A great set of images there Clive I really like the collage of different images, the blue background really sets the cutters off.

The collage tells a story. Would be interesting to see them in mono as I also find the blue a little bright.. but then I seem to be on a B&W mission so far.. :)

pleasure - a nice set of photos, I think my favourite is #1, but the could also stand as a set of three!

tool - great set, fits well together! Like Helen I would like to see them in B&W too!

The collage tells a story. Would be interesting to see them in mono as I also find the blue a little bright.. but then I seem to be on a B&W mission so far.. :)
Thanks Helen
pleasure - a nice set of photos, I think my favourite is #1, but the could also stand as a set of three!

tool - great set, fits well together! Like Helen I would like to see them in B&W too!
Thanks Brrnd

I will try them in B&W

Hi Clive,
That's a nice set of shots for Pleasure. The waves are pretty huge! You certainly picked a day to take the shots.
Great set of shots of your cutters. I like the collage presentation. Another request to see them in mono here too :)

Hi Clive,
That's a nice set of shots for Pleasure. The waves are pretty huge! You certainly picked a day to take the shots.
Great set of shots of your cutters. I like the collage presentation. Another request to see them in mono here too :)
Thanks Lee, I will try to add a b&w.

For all the B&W fans here is one.
Hi Clive,

CMHP0063.jpg

Collage works well for me as does the background colour. It nice to see close-ups of the different areas of the tool.

Liking the top right one, I still have a trusty pair of lindstrom angled pliers that have lasted well.

Hi Clive,
I like this collage because we got to see the tools from every angle, nice perspective with a lovely blue background to make the tools pop. Thumbs up from me.

A lovely old item, Clive, and after looking at several B&W images in a row I really like the colour in this one. It shows off the age and texture of the metal. I also like the collage presentation in this instance as it shows off lots of different details, but if I had to pick a favourite I do like the composition and focus in the bottom left image (y)

A lovely old item, Clive, and after looking at several B&W images in a row I really like the colour in this one. It shows off the age and texture of the metal. I also like the collage presentation in this instance as it shows off lots of different details, but if I had to pick a favourite I do like the composition and focus in the bottom left image (y)
Thank you Andrea

They're great images Clive!:clap:
I think I do remember your previous images....last year wasn't it?

Both images are superb, the light and shadows are really excellent, very well exposed.
Those mossy details on the hull are very nice.
I think I prefer the second image; the tighter crop really makes the boat the main focus.
Very nicely done Clive.

Week 4 Discarded

A discarded boat on the Arun Estuary near Littlehampton, West Sussex.
Not my first time photographing this beauty for a TP52!

View attachment 267206

View attachment 267207

Hi Clive, excellent composition and I can’t see your shadow. ;-) I quite often drive through Littlehampton but have never stopped there seems to be a lot of interesting features there. Might be time for me to plan a trip :)

I think the brighter one for me Clive, although I kind of prefer the tighter composition of #2.
What's with the PS Express logos?
Thanks Tim, I still can't decide which I prefer. The PS Express gets put on when I save pictures, I must find the setting that stops it!

They're great images Clive!:clap:
I think I do remember your previous images....last year wasn't it?

Both images are superb, the light and shadows are really excellent, very well exposed.
Those mossy details on the hull are very nice.
I think I prefer the second image; the tighter crop really makes the boat the main focus.
Very nicely done Clive.

Week 19 last year, Decay. It's a lovely old thing. Cheers Gareth.

Hi Clive, excellent composition and I can’t see your shadow. ;-) I quite often drive through Littlehampton but have never stopped there seems to be a lot of interesting features there. Might be time for me to plan a trip :)

Hi Heather, it's before you go over the river Arun going to Littlehampton from Bognor Regis on the A259, follow sign to Rope Walk, follow up towards golf club, pay to park along the track or the car park at the end, or park in rope walk, take the footpath beside the track on the left and you come out where this is. Worth going all the way to the beach.
Thank you for your comment. I used the timer so I could get my shadow out of shot.

Last edited:
2 Lovely images there Clive nicely composed and with good lighting nice use of DoF to pull you eye straight to the boat

That boat certainly looks discarded Clive and the light on it really works well. Number 1 for me as I like the space around it and the context of the harbour.

Both great, my personal preference is the first one. Cracking subject for something that has been discarded too. The moss or algy what ever it is, is the star of the show for me.

Last edited:
I am going for number 1, too. Same reasons as above. Curiously, I first thought it was a sculpture as it looks a bit like a giant woman's shoe. It could be my eyes, or the homebrew....

1st one for me too Clive, just think a few years ago, that was someones pride and joy!

I think I prefer the first, I like the context of the other boats etc in the image as they are 'complete' (i.e. no masts cut off, as per No 2), I also like the post in No 1, it kind of 'goes with' the boat and settles it in the image, if you know what I mean. Also, It's nice and bright and very fitting for the theme.

2 Lovely images there Clive nicely composed and with good lighting nice use of DoF to pull you eye straight to the boat
That boat certainly looks discarded Clive and the light on it really works well. Number 1 for me as I like the space around it and the context of the harbour.
Both great, my personal preference is the first one. Cracking subject for something that has been discarded too. The moss or algy what ever it is, is the star of the show for me.
I am going for number 1, too. Same reasons as above. Curiously, I first thought it was a sculpture as it looks a bit like a giant woman's shoe. It could be my eyes, or the homebrew....
1st one for me too Clive, just think a few years ago, that was someones pride and joy!
I think I prefer the first, I like the context of the other boats etc in the image as they are 'complete' (i.e. no masts cut off, as per No 2), I also like the post in No 1, it kind of 'goes with' the boat and settles it in the image, if you know what I mean. Also, It's nice and bright and very fitting for the theme.

Thanks everyone, 1st was my favourite too. Bob I want some of your homebrew! Did you mean the shoe of a giant woman or a woman's large shoe?
Cobra there are a few in this bit of the river, a real shame.

The second one for me. I find the first a little "busy" so the boat wasn't totally the subject. Well shot.

Back