weekly De88ie's 52 2016 - Week 49 50 51

Love your miniature - it's spot on for the theme! For me it is the first composition all the way - there is just enough room to see the whole phone box and then it hits you that it is a library(y)

Just saw your addition of happy - spot on for theme and nicely composed(y)

Last edited:
Blimey - talk about fast ... hadn't heard the theme being declared. Yes, nice shot - certainly happy. Love the water splashes. :clap:

Thankyou for all your kind comments. I took it with my then new m.zuiko zoom lens 40-150. She had no idea she was being photographed which is why I like it. It's very natural. It's been cropped a bit and it could be sharper.

Hi Debbie.
Great "Happy" shot, on theme, catches the energy of the movement, both of the water and of your subject (daughter?).
White balance also looks spot on, which could easily have been out in a shot like that.

Very nice picture taken at the right moment with the wave coming in (y)

Hi Debbie

Some nice pictures here. My favourite is metal - which just works in terms of lighting, composition and processing. DOF choice is what I would have gone for too.

Old is... but it doesn't grab as much as your others.

Captive is superb as well - if Metal wasn't so on the money for me, this would be my favourite. I preferred the first shot.

Miniature is good and a great idea - prefer the first.

Finally, happy is a perfectly captured moment. Nice take!

image.jpeg
Abandoned. Sorry it's late.

Last edited:
image.jpeg The abandoned shot of the old outside toilet was in the most difficult place. I would have loved to have included the outer stone walls, slate roof and fallen down door in the shot, looking through the door, but I don't think the powers that be would have let me knock down the wall I was jammed up against. Too high to be of any use even if I had braved the brambles to climb up it.
Thought of using the window photo but in the end the toiled seemed more abandoned.

Last edited:
Abandoned - good subject for the theme and I sympathise with you, it so often seems to happen that a good subject is difficult to capture. I might have repositioned the foreground leaves with my foot ;) but well done.

Camouflaged - lovely squirrel shot, good focus, nice colours, perfect pose.

Abandoned....
So it WAS you I saw creeping around my new state-of-the-art outside cazi!!
I like it :D

Camouflage....
Yep, these little fellas do tend to blend ill until that move.
Nicely captured.

Thankyou sirch, might have to start using a bit of artistic licence to help my shots.
Viv1969, yep was me, you've run out of loo roll.
Thankyou everyone for all the kind and helpful comments. Even though I don't reply to every single one, I do read them and they are very much appreciated.

Hi, I see you keep a lovely well maintained toilet remind me not to get caught short round your house,
nice shot of the squirrel

Emma I agree. Didn't want to wait too long though just incase she ran away.

Hi Debbie. It's been a while since I dropped in.

Captive (I did say it had been a while) - I really liked you image for captive, imaginative subject and well taken.
Abandoned - it's a toilet so automatically funny.
Camouflage - that's a really nice photo. Fast-moving subject so well done.

Thankyou susiejb. I struggled with the abandoned theme, lousy weather, then couldn't decide which location to use. The squirrel one is a favourite of mine.
Thankyou nickbee. I think the peanuts helped.

Last edited:
Thankyou rpn, I have to say I am enjoying the 52's very much. Encourages me to get out and about with my camera more. I find myself seeing opportunities for photo's all the time now. Due to work I cannot carry a camera with me all the time. I do go back to these at weekends. Can't wait for the clocks to go forward.

Abandoned - Great image it defiantly been abandoned and not one I would want to use.

Camouflage - Lovely shot of the squirrel defiantly camouflaged against the ground nice catch light too

Both fitting their respective themes very nicely. Good work Debbie. :)

What a great find for Abandoned Debbie - like that old pan with its wooden seat. As for Camouflaged - not easy to capture a squirrel, such frisky little things. You did well. :clap:

Great for abandoned Debbie nice find (y)

Abandoned you don’t see many out house toilets anymore great find,
Camouflage is very well taken they do blend into their environment well spotted.(y)

Back