weekly DK's 52 of 2015 - wk 52 'Christmas' added - FINISHED

Hi DK. Brilliant reflection and I like the effect of inverting the entire image so that the reflection is up top. Excellent stuff :clap:

Hi Dean,
Just catching up on a few...

Despair: I feel your pain but you have got a lot closer than many to capture one. I really like the first shot as it portrays how fast these little guys are. Nice reflection too :)
Noise: Great 'sharp' shot :) Lots of noise from the saw. Perfect for the theme.
Envy: Clever take on the theme (y)
Inverse: Another clever shot. I am looking on the desktop so I had to resort to turning my head upside-down to see the original. Well seen and composed (y)

Another catch up here Dean, "Envy" Barsts!
I hope the scratch finally fades, its a great imge though (y)

Inverse. Very nice :)

Noise: Lovely image, on theme and i bet it was noisy. the long exposure really makes this image.
Despair: made me chuckle
Envy : great shot, lovely and sharp and great idea, my only critique is the key mark, may have looked a little better with a faint gradient in post to match the light on the bonnet.
inverse : made me invert my head to view lol so definitely does the job. lovely colours and great subject matter

Sorry guys, this is going to be one big THANK YOU for the kind comments... hope to catch up fully soon... well before Christmas :)

Hi DK, nice reflection shot, its playing havoc with my head though :bat:

Mine too.[emoji32]
And, yes you have done a shot of your pond in a previous 52. Good to see that it is still as tidy.
Good idea.

Hi DK. Brilliant reflection and I like the effect of inverting the entire image so that the reflection is up top. Excellent stuff :clap:

Hi DK whats not to like about that one ...great for the theme and a smashing shot anyway...it looks brilliant inverted :clap:

As upside down water reflections go, this is amazing.

Have to turn my laptop up-side-down to figure out what the image is all about. Good job I wasn't viewing it on my 27" iMac desktop. :LOL:

Hi Dean,
Just catching up on a few...

Despair: I feel your pain but you have got a lot closer than many to capture one. I really like the first shot as it portrays how fast these little guys are. Nice reflection too :)
Noise: Great 'sharp' shot :) Lots of noise from the saw. Perfect for the theme.
Envy: Clever take on the theme (y)
Inverse: Another clever shot. I am looking on the desktop so I had to resort to turning my head upside-down to see the original. Well seen and composed (y)

Another catch up here Dean, "Envy" Barsts!
I hope the scratch finally fades, its a great imge though (y)

Inverse. Very nice :)

Really liking the Inverted shot DK. It's got great colour, plenty of interest and great composition. Best of all, it takes a few seconds for your processing to sink in, so it's an image that drags you back to it. :clap:

Yup, that'll do! (y)

Noise: Lovely image, on theme and i bet it was noisy. the long exposure really makes this image.
Despair: made me chuckle
Envy : great shot, lovely and sharp and great idea, my only critique is the key mark, may have looked a little better with a faint gradient in post to match the light on the bonnet.
inverse : made me invert my head to view lol so definitely does the job. lovely colours and great subject matter

Chuffed... Thanks again :)

So still trying to move, busy at work, packing, throwing away crap, little time for hobby, but I'm certainly not EVER going to throw in the towl, so here are a couple of shots to keep me in it, both have the general idea I wanted, but also wanted more detail in both and more texture on the water image - Both up for a re-shoot I reckon, no need to comment, but always welcome as usual :)

First of all - Week 42 Shimmer

Wk 42 - Shimmer by TP DK, on Flickr

and...

Week 43 - Element :D

Wk 43 - Element by TP DK, on Flickr

:exit:

I like the motion of the water Dean (y)

As for "Element"
shoehorn.jpg
:p

Love the Envy shot Dean, but not the activity behind it :)bat::bat::bat:B:rage:stards)

Inverse - plays with my brain. Did a double-take when I scrolled past it. Loads of detail there and fab colours (y)

Shimmer - I know what you mean about not throwing in the towel. It just looks a bit 'messy' with no obvious focal point. but, hey ho, I've had more than a few like that this year ;)

Element - hahahha, that was the first idea that popped into my empty little head. Not easy to shoot either and fits the theme well. PS, your cooker is awfully clean :p

Hi DK. I quite like Shimmer - certainly captures the lighting nicely. Element - like Jill, that was my very first thought too when the theme was announced. Lovely vivid colour against that black bg. Both make good abstracts.

Love the Envy shot Dean, but not the activity behind it :)bat::bat::bat:B:rage:stards)
Thanks Jill :)

Inverse - plays with my brain. Did a double-take when I scrolled past it. Loads of detail there and fab colours (y)
Thanks again :)

Shimmer - I know what you mean about not throwing in the towel. It just looks a bit 'messy' with no obvious focal point. but, hey ho, I've had more than a few like that this year ;)
In a nutshell you have it there... but hey, it was taken at 9:00pm, so theme ticked :D

Element - hahahha, that was the first idea that popped into my empty little head. Not easy to shoot either and fits the theme well. PS, your cooker is awfully clean :p
Ha Haaaa house is sold so everything is spotless :D

Hi DK. I quite like Shimmer - certainly captures the lighting nicely. Element - like Jill, that was my very first thought too when the theme was announced. Lovely vivid colour against that black bg. Both make good abstracts.
Thanks Carl, too kind but accepted with pleasure on these (y)

And onto this week... again not the most exciting image, I spent most of the day in the garden getting rid of leaves and hopefully doing the last lawn cut before our house move <fingers crossed>...

I kept waiting for some descent light, a glimmer of sun, but it wasn't playing game, in hindsight I should have done my shot yesterday as the light was much nicer and there was some nice dew covered cobwebs around... hey ho !!

Well here it is... a leaf standing out from the crowd in it's autumnal glory :D

Wk 44 - Seasonal by TP DK, on Flickr

Hi DK.
The water shot for shimmer is great, I don't think a reshoot is called for.
Element - Nicely done and I knew exactly what you were saying there. No way was that a shoe horn, unlike certain ele(phants)ments ;)
Seasonal - Nice delicate colours captured well and very suitable DoF emphasising the subject matter. Good shot.

Hi DK.
The water shot for shimmer is great, I don't think a reshoot is called for.
Thank you Tim, very nice of you to say :)
Element - Nicely done and I knew exactly what you were saying there. No way was that a shoe horn, unlike certain ele(phants)ments ;)
Thanks again, for a quickie I am satisfied, it fits the theme for me yes, technically I think it's okay too, but not much of a challenging shot , but hey as I say theme ticked, and for a busy time that will suffice :)
Seasonal - Nice delicate colours captured well and very suitable DoF emphasising the subject matter. Good shot.
Cool - Thanks yet again, you can visit more often :)

If its anything like my garden they'll be back tomorrow :(
you ain't kidding !!!!

I went over the lawns once without the collecting basket to mulch the leaves up, then again to pick up all the bits, and it still filled over two wheelie bins, and the oak tree has barley started shedding yet :(

That works Dean (y)
That will do me - Thanks :)

Shimmer: could actually be really good, I think this has a lot of potential, but looks rushed. :(
Element: the less said the better.
Seasonal: made me laugh out loud.

Well done for keeping up, we all know how busy you are (I have my house up for sale at the moment - eek).

Morning, Shimmer, has a create from the black lagoon feed about it. Element, no shoehorn here. Nice vivid colours and scent detail. I think both would work well cropped in close for abstracts.

Seasonal, yup on theme and it's a pity about the absence of warm light. I'd prefer a wide dof as parts of the else are OOF.

Good show.

Cheers.

I love the beautiful autumnal colour of the leaf and the contrast against a predominantly green bg. I may be tempted to crop out the slightly dried and "busy" bg to the right but that's all. Nice seasonal image.

Shimmer: could actually be really good, I think this has a lot of potential, but looks rushed. :(
Thanks Brian, you are correct, and I couldn't be arsed to get the tripod out of the boot of the car :)
Element: the less said the better.
Less is the new more (y)

Seasonal: made me laugh out loud.
:thinking:

Well done for keeping up, we all know how busy you are (I have my house up for sale at the moment - eek).
Cheers Brian, all the best with your sale :)

Morning, Shimmer, has a create from the black lagoon feed about it. Element, no shoehorn here. Nice vivid colours and scent detail. I think both would work well cropped in close for abstracts.
Thanks Andy... good idea at the tighter crop, may give that a go over a beer in Scotland :)

Seasonal, yup on theme and it's a pity about the absence of warm light. I'd prefer a wide dof as parts of the else are OOF.

Good show.

Cheers.
Thanks again, there was only fog, so had to use ocf to get some detail, tried long exposure with tripod first but I just couldn't get detail or colour :(

I love the beautiful autumnal colour of the leaf and the contrast against a predominantly green bg. I may be tempted to crop out the slightly dried and "busy" bg to the right but that's all. Nice seasonal image.
Thanks Carl, to be honest I thought the old leaves added to it, but now looking again with fresh eye's you have a very valid point - thanks (y)

Yo DK

Shimmer ... really nice interpretation, not quite sure what it is but it works.

Element ... yes and those old electric fires sort of crossed my mind, and yes of course, an electric hob is an element. Nicely shot too.

Seasonal ... classic autumny stuff.

Hi DK ...well done for keeping up when you're so busy.
Thanks Susie :)
Shimmer and Elements both well on theme...I agree with Andy a crop to give them a real abstract feel would make them really stand out.
Sounds like a good plan then :)
Seasonal...so many beautiful colours about and you've caught that one perfectly.
Cool - Thanks again :)

Element; on a wee smile on my face :) like you thought behind the theme though.
Cheers Stan :)

Seasonal; I quite like that, nice colour and good use of shallow DoF.
Thank you, I did try hard to get the right DoF to separate it from the other foliage :)

Hey David :wave:

Shimmer ... really nice interpretation, not quite sure what it is but it works.
It's a airstone in water so bubbling surface :)

Element ... yes and those old electric fires sort of crossed my mind, and yes of course, an electric hob is an element. Nicely shot too.
YAY !!! somebody agrees with me what it is ha haaaaaa ;thumbs;

Seasonal ... classic autumny stuff.
Thanks again :)

And onto this week...

Had a FANTASTIC long weekend in Scotland with a group of wonderful TP friends, it was a full on few days, loads of fun, laughs early mornings etc, and soooooooo worth the trip !!!

Onto the theme, wanting to use one of the 327 images I took during the trip, many of which were from similar positions, just changing the odd settings to see what the results were.

When I found this location I knew I wanted to get a shot for the theme from here, the water was VERY choppy and I wanted a smoother look and some captured cloud movement in the sky, so a 4 second exposure, .9 ND soft grad to the sky to reduce blowing of highlights, as low an ISO as I could get to lengthen the exposure, in this case ISO 50, and as small an aperture (One stop from fully closed up in this case f20) for the same reason, and to get the detail in the rocks and bring out more colour in the leaves, off camera flash fired 3 times from different angles in the 4 seconds, one from left of camera, one from right and once from overhead.

The shot is un-cropped or straightened as I set up level on tripod before shooting, overall i'm happy with the results, even though I'd like more movement in the clouds :)

Week 45 - The shore was 'Full' of leaves... (Best viewed on Flickr as always :))

Wk 45 - Full by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
so a 4 second exposure, .9 ND soft grad to the sky to reduce blowing of highlights, as low an ISO as I could get to lengthen the exposure, in this case ISO 50, and as small an aperture (One stop from fully closed up in this case f20) for the same reason, and to get the detail in the rocks and bring out more colour in the leaves, off camera flash fired 3 times from different angles in the 4 seconds, one from left of camera, one from right and once from overhead.
Err whats all that mean? /\ ... :p

Great viewing point Dean,
fits right in the theme too (y)

I was thinking more a sky full of portent ;) Great pic but far too complicated for me. It takes me all my time to manage the camera without the tripod, off camera flash and adding filters. :clap::clap::clap: MS is a b@stard.....

'ello, can't quite see me on the distant shore....or did you clone me out :)

Wonderful colours, detail and textures in the leaves.

It's always stage when you saw someone making a photograph and then see it!

Good show.

Crit, well the horizon looks off but that might be an optical illusion. Branches super right, but, you know, minor point in a wonderfull scene.

Let's get planning next year...after Iceland, of course :)

Cheers.

I was thinking more a sky full of portent ;) Great pic but far too complicated for me. It takes me all my time to manage the camera without the tripod, off camera flash and adding filters. :clap::clap::clap: MS is a b@stard.....
Haaaa thanks a lot Madam :)

'ello, can't quite see me on the distant shore....or did you clone me out :)
You and Lynne were there I kept seeing you're heads pop up :D

Wonderful colours, detail and textures in the leaves.
Thanks Mate :)

It's always stage when you saw someone making a photograph and then see it!

Good show.
I know, same when I keep seeing the ship wreck images, it's like a weird de-ja-vu feeling :wacky:

Crit, well the horizon looks off but that might be an optical illusion. Branches super right, but, you know, minor point in a wonderfull scene.
That's what I thought about the horizon, fully adjusted via lens profile correction and what ever I do it looks odd, thinking it's because of the large Bay I was in and shooting towards the end of the loch :thinking:

Let's get planning next year...after Iceland, of course :)

Cheers.
HELL YES !!!! can't wait already :banana:

A quick catch up shot from me, taken while out of the office for a change, dashing between pre-start meetings - and I was thinkinmg I really must use these trips to gab 5 minutes to myself and get a photo... and hey ho drive around a bend and see this on a village green !!!!

No explanation needed I do not think - EVERYBODY that sacrificed their day to day normality, their family, and ultimately for some their lives should be 'special' for all eternity !!!

Wk 37 - SPECIAL

Wk 37 - Special by TP DK, on Flickr

Excellent interpretation Dean (y)

Hi DK
A nice dramatic shot for Full. The clouds and water compliment each other well. Excellent that it's a SooC shot, very well set up.
Nice lighting on the Special shot. I think the shorter grass gives the impression that the centre/memorial is lit slightly.

Back