weekly DK's 52 of 2015 - wk 52 'Christmas' added - FINISHED

Still not there yet Dean?
I thought you were sorted?
My GOD... I wish, had issues further down the chain, maybe before Christmas, but not building my hopes up anymore, not fun living out of boxes though :(

Hi DK, my first thought also but went with something a little less controversial
Haaaa Haaaaa :LOL:

My GOD... I wish, had issues further down the chain, maybe before Christmas, but not building my hopes up anymore, not fun living out of boxes though :(
Oh bugger :( fingers crossed that its sorted before then (y)

I hate living out of a suit case for a couple of weeks at a time, let along at home, when you are trying to relax :(

Wonderful colours and tones in there. Pity about the fencing, but not a lot you can do about that.

Leaving the trunk in was the best move.

Looks much better in Flickr.

Cheers.

Wonderful colours and tones in there. Pity about the fencing, but not a lot you can do about that.

Leaving the trunk in was the best move.

Looks much better in Flickr.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)

I did try cloning the trunk and fence out, both edits looked horrendous:D

Hi Dean

Habit, it certainly looks like you have a coffee habit with that slightly manic stare :eek:

Nice lighting and loads of negative space, well done that boy :clap::clap::clap:

Covered, you've been out in the leaves again I see, just as in seasonal. Love the low pov but find the trellis a little distracting but, as in my clouds and hills, you have to take what you can get ;)

Hi Dean

Habit, it certainly looks like you have a coffee habit with that slightly manic stare :eek:
Ooooo I is looooking at YOU !!!!

Nice lighting and loads of negative space, well done that boy :clap::clap::clap:
Thank you Mad Madam Mim :whistle:

Covered, you've been out in the leaves again I see, just as in seasonal. Love the low pov but find the trellis a little distracting but, as in my clouds and hills, you have to take what you can get ;)
Ha Haaaaa very true Jill - Thanks :)

Hi DK thought I'd commented but It looks as if I haven't :thinking:

Anyway a smashing shot, and yes, definitely better on Flickr, the berries hardly showed up on my iPad till I took a closer look.

Hope you get your house move sorted soon .
Thank you a lot Susie... on both counts :) :)

And here is mine...

Miserable weather outside, and still not exchanged contracts on house move yet, so miserable inside too...

When the theme came up soooooo many options, but had a bit of a pleasurable lazy morning, and decided to do an indoor shot while sorting some bits and bobs about the house,...

After having a ponder over Peanut Butter on toast and a nice fresh coffee I decided on a nice simple shot... Side off my PC, off camera flash, macro on - Clickety Click - Job Done :D

I have kept the image relatively dark as I feel the internals of a PC need to be as such, and also added a slight dark vignette... Happy with this but may well do another later in the week if time and idea's permit

Here you go - Wk 48 - the fasted way to get my peripherals 'Connected' to my PC

Best Viewed on flickr 'LARGE' as always - thanks :)

Wk 48 - Connected by TP DK, on Flickr

Don't they make moving house a painful process, hope you exchange soon. I've got a similar idea in mind for connected, I hope I get something up to your standard

Interesting idea Dean subject covered (y)

Miserable weather outside, and still not exchanged contracts on house move yet, so miserable inside too...
Bugger :( fingers crossed that it get sorted soon (y)

Don't they make moving house a painful process, hope you exchange soon.
Thanks Chris... Me Too :bat:

I've got a similar idea in mind for connected, I hope I get something up to your standard
Thanks again, look forward to your interpretation of the theme :)

Interesting idea Dean subject covered (y)
Cheers Chris... Damn, look at all these Chris's :LOL:

Bugger :( fingers crossed that it get sorted soon (y)
Thanks... it's like groundhog day here, should be sorted with last issue in a couple of days, but they have been saying that every week for the last 2 months :sulk:

Super shot DK very well suited to macro, I like the focal point and the dark vignette. This is definitely one of the best topics for ages.

Do hope you move soon, we've had some very traumatic house moves but it's always come right in the end ....hope it's the same for you .....no fingers crossed smiley, so just imagine it :)

We are getting set for World domination Mahwawawawaha :D
Noooooooooooooooooooooo :jawdrop:

I really don't understand how it takes them so long to shuffle a few papers about, I really don't :(
Me neither, I'm certain they just hate talking to each other , totally beyond me, if they were in construction they would be out of business, as their communication is archaic and SLOW !!!

Really like that DK. Interesting how the DoF has resulted in more blur to the rhs of the shot.
Thanks Tim :)

I think because of the diagonal angle I was at and at 2.8 on a macro the DoF is small to say the least :)
Moving this close to christmas... You know how to make your life interesting don't you.
Exactly... we were meant to be exchanging/moving in September/October :thinking:

Hey DK. Nice quick response and a quality submission it is too. Agree with the others on focus and vignette - both work extremely well. :clap:

Hi there Mr Knight of much Darkness,

Habit: Cracking shot this. Perfect blend of low key with just enough light to tell the story :)
Covered: I like the potential here but have to admit to not liking the distracting BG so much.
Connected: My thoughts too. I am going to have to think of something else now :eek: :D Great shot. Sharp, on theme and loads of detail with the USB3 really standing out :clap:

Hi DK, nice and sharp it could have possibly been a very dull image but you have done a good job with it (y)

I'm impressed by how dust free the board is, do you ever switch it on?

Technically you nailed what you were going for but I'm not really feeling any interest in this one Dean, Perhaps I spend too much time with machines in bits?

Super shot DK very well suited to macro, I like the focal point and the dark vignette. This is definitely one of the best topics for ages.
Thanks Susie :)

And yes I agree, a great theme, could pick loads of ideas !!

Do hope you move soon, we've had some very traumatic house moves but it's always come right in the end ....hope it's the same for you .....no fingers crossed smiley, so just imagine it :)
Awwwweeee thnk you :)

I have a terrible feeling the bottom of the move chain is going to give in :bang:

My first love is Macro shots and this one reminds me why I did... Beautiful shot and spot on theme, love the edit too :clap:
Thanks Nora, quite addictive it is too :)

Hope your problem will be sorted out soon, Dean... Been there too...
Thanks again, seems most people have, we tend to forget how disjointed the experience is... must be like giving birth :D

Perfectly captured macro shot, spot on focus the shallow dof and vignette work well too. I love it :clap:
Cool - Cheers Stan :cool:

Hey DK. Nice quick response and a quality submission it is too. Agree with the others on focus and vignette - both work extremely well. :clap:
Thanks Carl :)

It's nice to be getting the shots in on the relative weekend... I'm sure this will not be kept up this year :LOL:

Hi there Mr Knight of much Darkness,
Ha Haaaa - Hey Lee :)

Habit: Cracking shot this. Perfect blend of low key with just enough light to tell the story :)
Why... thank you kind sir :)
Covered: I like the potential here but have to admit to not liking the distracting BG so much.
I knew I should have not packed away the chainsaw :D
Connected: My thoughts too. I am going to have to think of something else now :eek: :D
YAY !!! great minds and all that :thumbs

:Great shot. Sharp, on theme and loads of detail with the USB3 really standing out :clap:

'ello, Connected. I did wonder if a slight crop would work better but I like it either way. Nice detail, and the blues really pop.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy :)

I did try LOADS of different crops, and was a tough decision where to go to, I wanted to show enough out of focus to give context... thinking I could go in a bit more then ??

Hi DK, nice and sharp it could have possibly been a very dull image but you have done a good job with it (y)
Glad you think so Allan - Thanks :)

veerrry shallow, veerrry nice. (y)
Veeeeery nice of you to say - Thank you David :)

I'm impressed by how dust free the board is, do you ever switch it on?
It's on every night mate, good filters on all air vents and a mahoooosive arctic fan blows like a whirlwind :D

Technically you nailed what you were going for but I'm not really feeling any interest in this one Dean, Perhaps I spend too much time with machines in bits?
Thanks mate... could well be, I see what your saying, not an exciting shot no :thinking:

Hi Dean

I don't suppose now is the time to remind you we sold our house in 10 days and all was completed in 8 weeks :exit:

That was enough stress for me, you must be fed up to the back teeth by now :hug:

Connected, no crit from me. Love the composition, dof and vignette :clap::clap:

Hi Dean

I don't suppose now is the time to remind you we sold our house in 10 days and all was completed in 8 weeks :exit:
Grrrrrrr :bat:

:D

To be honest we have now resigned to the fact we will still be here for Christmas, but that in it's self is not a bad thing, we love the house, it is still our dream house, and all we could ever want in a home, so now looking forward to the festive season , and gear up for a possibility of moving in Jan or Feb :)

That was enough stress for me, you must be fed up to the back teeth by now :hug:
yes to say the least, but now feeling settled we know what is happening short term... Fcuk All :D
Connected, no crit from me. Love the composition, dof and vignette :clap::clap:
Oooooo thanks :)

And onto this weeks...

A bit disappointing here, having dropped Mrs DK off for a Festive Fair trip, I decided to pop to grab a coffee and a bacon roll to help my grey matter think of something, I had driven up and down the local sea front and around some 'down and out' area's but found little to spark inspiration, having finished my coffee and the little catch up I did on the forum I headed back to the car, on my way back I was presented with a nice idea, I ran to the car and got my camera and came back to take a few shots...

Well... what an idea, if ONLY I had known @rpn Stan had beaten me to it (didn't get on the forum last night) I was hoping to get the first one in with this idea - Doh !!!

Any way... having got some shots, and been rapidly visited by - 2 security Guards and a Police officer :police:- Yes I know I was taking photo's in a private building, but Seriously, Planning a France type bombing spree... OMG would I seriously be standing under a CCTV camera, un disguised with a fcuk off big camera for 20 minutes waiting for people to get out of the way :thinking: If I was doing that I'd take snaps with my phone or a hidden video surly :D

Anyway... moving on, two shots here, and now I have seen Stan's I'm thinking I best try to grab something else tomorrow if I can :)

Relatively happy with the shots, not as central and symmetric as I would like, and with the poor light I had to whack the ISO up to 4000 to freeze the movement so a bit noisy too...Thanks for visiting - please pop and look on flickr :)

Wk 49 - Down by TP DK, on Flickr

This Second one I like, but I think the inclusion of the chap in the first makes it my preferred submission :)

Wk 49 - Down 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

The first is best BY A MILE. I love the reflections and the pose and the cap, he's a Lowry Esk working class figure. Forget the noise and the light this is a "moment" worthy of any street photography book. Superb!

Any way... having got some shots, and been rapidly visited by - 2 security Guards and a Police officer :police:-
I have to say Dean, having met you its easy to see why :D

Both nice images, but I prefer the clean lines of the 2nd images,(y)
Bloody people photo bombing Eh?

The first is best BY A MILE. I love the reflections and the pose and the cap, he's a Lowry Esk working class figure. Forget the noise and the light this is a "moment" worthy of any street photography book. Superb!
Cool - Thanks Brian :cool:

I have to say Dean, having met you its easy to see why :D
I'll be on crimewatch next :snaphappy:

Both nice images, but I prefer the clean lines of the 2nd images,(y)
Bloody people photo bombing Eh?
Haaaa yes, he was just stood in the middle at first so put my camera down, but when he stood like that just near the bottom I managed to get two shots off, thankfully one with his head turned :)

1st one for me DK, I would have preferred the feet on the top step to have been in focus too, but you were at f1/11 and iso4000 already, I suppose I'm asking the impossible.
Thanks Tim :)

Well yes, that sure would have been a struggle :D

Hi DK, lot of stairs this week already, this is definitely one of the better ones, the first one with the inclusion of a person and the blue footsteps at the top is excellent :clap:

Back