weekly Downton Mini's '52 for 2016 Week 52 Celebration THe FInal Chapter!!!

Oh it's that old green Mini again, tut.

In agreement with everyone else, #1 mini shot is tops. And the super Green Park entrance. (y)

Colourful - the mini is bar far the best shot
Size - I agree the 1st one emphasizes the difference in size better the 2nd evens them out too much.
entrance - two grand entrances I like the green park gates best.

Thanks Minx I appreciate to taking the time to comment

Yes the stripy Mini certainly stands out. I agree No 1 gives a better sense of the size difference you get even more of one when you jump into one after driving the other! :LOL:

Oh it's that old green Mini again, tut.

In agreement with everyone else, #1 mini shot is tops. And the super Green Park entrance. (y)

David the green Mini seems to keep photobombing me recently.......:ROFLMAO: I think he likes the attention (on a serous note at least the 52 is enabling me to combine 2 of my costly hobbies a little more meaning I fell a little less guilty spending so much money on them!

Thanks for you comments

Hi Mark, definitely #1 for both Size and Entrance :) Good to see more mini shots - your choice of subject appears to be spreading to others mind!

Wide-angle of course inflates that which is near and reduces that which is far, so is why having the larger one closer to camera magnifies that difference. Conversely, you can use the opposite trick to make something which is large seem the same size as something small, of course...

Nice shots and the background in the mini one doesn't really distract as the frame is filled enough with the subjects... good job!

Hi Mark,
Nothing wrong with posting different takes on the same subject, especially tastefully restored original Minis.
The two shots are a good example of the effect of perspective on the image, we all know a BL mini is much smaller than the BMW Maxi, but in the second shot the difference is nowhere near as pronounced.
With the Entrance shot, the gates to Green Park are my favourite due to the lighting, Buck House seems lifeless in comparison.

Thanks for the comments guys been trying to upload Forgotten and Stone but Flickr wasn't having it last night so brought the hard drive in to work thinking I'll do it there and now the PC can not find the images (only the ones for the theme everything else seems to be there!)

Will have to try again tonight stupid technology

Week 22 Forgotten

So the weekend I took a trip down to Purton to see the ship graveyard, while wondering around I spotted these just sitting on the verge this was at about 10am someone had obviously Forgotten them!

FORGOTEN by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And Week 23 Stone

These were taken on the same trip as the boots for forgotten.

Remains of the Concrete Boats at Purton Ship Graveyard this place is amazing and I want to got back when the light is better it was a very overcast day.

STONE1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

STONE2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

I really wish I had of known about this place years ago as many of the wrecks have long since been reclaimed by the elements.

LOL how do you forget a pair of boots I wonder?

Stone, I wondered what it was to start with, then it clicked, how the hell did these ever float?
Nice processing Mark :)

A bit of a quirky one for Forgotten - I guess they either belonged to Patrick Mower or John Nettles. Nicely taken Mark with clear detail into the darkest depth of the shrubbery. I like both shots for Stone for different reasons - the glimpse of it's environment and angle of the first and the gritty details and texture of the second ....hmmmm ..... Yep, that bent bolt of the second takes it for me. (y)

Forgotten - nice find which leaves one wondering what the story is

Stone - interesting features and textures, definitly worth going back

Hi Mark ....how do people forget their boots o_O well spotted for the theme.

That's a great find in the concrete boats ....as Cobra says ....how do they float, it looks as if there's some very interesting shots there no wonder you want to go back. The first one for me this week I like the aspect and all the detail.

I like the boot shot, nice find, but I think it's an example of when the rule of thirds is best adhered to. :D

Forgotten - Round this way it's usually just one shoe, not two.
They don't look like the uncomfortable type of shoe that are often discarded. are you sure there wasn't a body in the hedge? (I'm joking!!!)

Stone - The B&W processing works for the images. #1 for me, much more interest to it.

Hi Mark - bit of a catchup from me...

Forgotten - great idea! For me, just shifting it further off centre and perhaps losing the background bushes would improve it, but nicely created and spot on for the theme.

Stone - I really like your first one here. Great leading line and conversion works very well. Absolutely ideal for the theme and nicely executed :clap:

Forgotten - does make you wonder how they came to be there but a great find.
Stone - Difficult to choose between them lots of lovely texture and interest in both and the b&w works really well.

Wow, a couple of shots with no cars :p

Forgotten,like has been already said,how do you forget a pair of boots? Composition needs a tweak though. As d00d pointed out, this is one of those occasions when the rule of thirds really works so a quick crop should sort it as there's nowt wrong with the rest of it (y)

Stone boats :eek: Good composition and plenty of detail given the light conditions were poor. Definitely worth a revisit Mark.

Thanks for all your comments Guys much appreciated now on to Simple @Bruja not a Mini or any other car in sight either this week I'm sure normal service will be returned very soon:D:p

This camera (well one like it) was my first camera!!! I remember it was brought from a shop in Chester whilst on holiday on our old canal boat on our way to meet up with a lot of other boats to travel up the Manchester Ship Canal to a big national gathering at Chesterfield

SIMPLE1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

SIMPLE2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

SIMPLE3 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

SIMPLE4 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Nice take on simple, that is a colourful camera, the first I think is the pick for me. I like the way the shallower DoF in the last looses background more on the last but may have been better to have the film in focus.

Clever idea Mark, 1st one for me too :)

Nice take on simple, that is a colourful camera, the first I think is the pick for me. I like the way the shallower DoF in the last looses background more on the last but may have been better to have the film in focus.

Thanks Chris it certainly is bright very of its time mid to late 80's I think.

Clever idea Mark, 1st one for me too :)

Thanks Chris

Mark, I like the first one to. If the last was a tad sharper it would of been my choice. Great idea for the theme

Thanks Chris

Simple #3 for me ... it's the simplest. :)

Thanks David

I plan to put a film in it and use it in the near future!

Now on to week 25 (nearly made half way through this years TP52!)

First 2 taken on Monday evening during the evening photoshoot with the camera club in Bridgnorth

SIGN1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

We actually made the shop front and swinging sign board at work but we didn't do the sign writing!

SIGN2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Now for 2 archive shots I thought fitted the theme

SIGN3 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

SIGN4 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Now on to reboot 2 from me for this again both taken during the evening in Bridgnorth

Metal Reshoot

RESHOOT2 METAL by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Old Reshoot

RESHOOT1 OLD by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking please do not feel you need to comment on all the images I think I got a bit carried away!

Metal re-shoot, I'm just trying to think what that could possibly be Mark :D

We actually made the shop front and swinging sign board at work but we didn't do the sign writing!
Interesting story behind the sign, it always adds a little something I feel :)

Hi Mark...

Simple - some nice shots and good to have a play with composition and DOF. For me, the background doesn't add anything and is, in fact, slightly distracting because of the trellis. So I definitely prefer the shots with it blurred sufficiently that you don't see it. I like the inclusion of the strap but also the film, so torn between 2 and 3 :) I think 1, with the DOF of the other images would be perfect though! You may need to manually focus between the film and camera to get it all in focus though at a wider aperture...

Sign 1 - does the job but not exciting.
Sign 2 - very underexposed for me
Sign 3 - barge or rope? Slightly confused "subject"
Sign 4 - absolutely 100% spot on (y) (just lost the top of the tree either by cloning or cropping!)

Metal reshoot is nice - I like it a lot and it's a great capture. Could lift the EV a touch though, just to make it jump out more perhaps?

Old reshoot - nice enough, but I'd like to see this shot with an ultra wide angle to really get some sense of distortion and the archway to jump out at you. It'd have converging verticals everywhere (even if you keep the camera horizontal) but it'd be a more interesting shot for me, personally.

Hi, no Idea what time the shopfront and the building with the clock where taken but they both lack light which is a pity, the signpost works well and would have been my choice

Wow Mark some great images there.

The hill at Bridgnorth, yep I have climbed well crawled up that one !

Favourite for the signs is number 4, as its local to me well nearly ! Looks just right against the sky

Metal, seems to be a train theme on the forum ? Ill have to spend the day at the Seven Valley again, like the idea

Choices, choices. first sign for me, do you think someone has missed that corner in the past? I also really the canal boat, nicely done.

I like the metal reshoot nice details and I like the way the end of the buffer is almost pressing against the edge of the frame.

Hi Mark what a shame there's not more light on the shop front, it looks as if there's a blue sky in the reflection in the window so I guess you're on the shady side. It looks like a really interesting looking little shop, love the colour.

My other favourite is the signpost ....58 locks to Birmingham :eek: I can just imagine the old barges navigating that lot. Nicely done with the angle against he sky.

A good selection for the theme Mark, Sign 4 for me, although I would spot clone the couple of treetops poking up from the bottom. and the metal re-shoot as the Old is a tad underexposed for me, although you appear to have done a good job getting rid of any converging vertical lines :)

Hi Mark

a good selection of Signs ... the bend in the road makes me want to be there (don't know why), and the lack of light on the shopfront works for me but the light reflection doesn't.

I like the buffer & OOF BG but a slightly deeper DOF to sharpen that pipe might improve it.

(y)

Metal re-shoot, I'm just trying to think what that could possibly be Mark :D

Interesting story behind the sign, it always adds a little something I feel :)

Thanks Chris I can tell you it's not a Mini;)

Hi Mark...

Simple - some nice shots and good to have a play with composition and DOF. For me, the background doesn't add anything and is, in fact, slightly distracting because of the trellis. So I definitely prefer the shots with it blurred sufficiently that you don't see it. I like the inclusion of the strap but also the film, so torn between 2 and 3 :) I think 1, with the DOF of the other images would be perfect though! You may need to manually focus between the film and camera to get it all in focus though at a wider aperture...

Sign 1 - does the job but not exciting.
Sign 2 - very underexposed for me
Sign 3 - barge or rope? Slightly confused "subject"
Sign 4 - absolutely 100% spot on (y) (just lost the top of the tree either by cloning or cropping!)

Metal reshoot is nice - I like it a lot and it's a great capture. Could lift the EV a touch though, just to make it jump out more perhaps?

Old reshoot - nice enough, but I'd like to see this shot with an ultra wide angle to really get some sense of distortion and the archway to jump out at you. It'd have converging verticals everywhere (even if you keep the camera horizontal) but it'd be a more interesting shot for me, personally.

Thanks for all of your comments Paul the shop front and old building are a little dark I had been underexposing on the night as the sky was vey bright (for a change!) I will have to have a play and try and lighten them a little.

Hi, no Idea what time the shopfront and the building with the clock where taken but they both lack light which is a pity, the signpost works well and would have been my choice

Thanks Allan the shopfront and old building were shot at about 8pm

Wow Mark some great images there.

The hill at Bridgnorth, yep I have climbed well crawled up that one !

Favourite for the signs is number 4, as its local to me well nearly ! Looks just right against the sky

Metal, seems to be a train theme on the forum ? Ill have to spend the day at the Seven Valley again, like the idea

Thanks Chris the hill is rather steep especially with a load of camera gear on your back! :)

Choices, choices. first sign for me, do you think someone has missed that corner in the past? I also really the canal boat, nicely done.

I like the metal reshoot nice details and I like the way the end of the buffer is almost pressing against the edge of the frame.

Thanks Chris

Hi Mark what a shame there's not more light on the shop front, it looks as if there's a blue sky in the reflection in the window so I guess you're on the shady side. It looks like a really interesting looking little shop, love the colour.

My other favourite is the signpost ....58 locks to Birmingham :eek: I can just imagine the old barges navigating that lot. Nicely done with the angle against he sky.

Thanks Susie it was quite shaded it's a lovely shop selling Stiff Teddies and old Dinky toys!! Yeah 58 locks is quite a lot!

A good selection for the theme Mark, Sign 4 for me, although I would spot clone the couple of treetops poking up from the bottom. and the metal re-shoot as the Old is a tad underexposed for me, although you appear to have done a good job getting rid of any converging vertical lines :)

Thanks DK I missed the tree top:oops: :$

Hi Mark

a good selection of Signs ... the bend in the road makes me want to be there (don't know why), and the lack of light on the shopfront works for me but the light reflection doesn't.

I like the buffer & OOF BG but a slightly deeper DOF to sharpen that pipe might improve it.

(y)

Thanks David

Right on the week 26 really are we already at week 26!

Found this one a little more difficult and I've also been busy scanning my grandparents old slides I've even found some of me as a baby!!! but got there in the end

Found this on a trip to Llangollen with the camera club at the weekend

FLORA by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

and this one too

FLORA1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Well they've got Flora painted on them........

Anyway what about these

FLORA2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

FLORA3 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Not very good at Macro it's something I need to work on!

Back