weekly Downton Mini's '52 for 2016 Week 52 Celebration THe FInal Chapter!!!

Amazing colourful fish, not sure which I like best, I guess you could spend all day there.

A forced smile from that dog. ;)

Hidden ... the lengths people go to ... :clap: but yes shame about the shadow.

Excellent hidden, would never have thought of that and it works so well, the fish work quite well for life though I have to say the dog for me love the ears back pose

Thanks Allan

Nice idea with pond life, like the first one and hidden is spot on for the theme, second one for me because I like that in the unmarked version all the words are hidden

Thanks Chris I wasn't sure which on works best for hidden so I did a few takes!

Pond life #1 contains a gob shot, what's not to like? :D
Cute looking dog though all the same.

Hidden, clever idea :) those things drive me nuts TBH.
1st one for me Mark, the red stripes definitely add something to it.

Thanks Chris I thought you might like the gob shoot :)

Well done with Hidden - it is a Susie says, very original. The red stripes add that extra bit of interest and colour so that one for me. As for Life, I like the "gob" shot and the movement you've captured in the fg so #1 for that too. (y)

Thanks Chris :)

#1 for pond live, and I like the B&W conversion for hidden. Pity that there is a slight shadow of your lens hood.

Thanks Bernd I wasn't sure about the B&W conversion at first but glad I did it

Hi Mark.
Life - The puppy dawg for me, the mono pp suits it nicely. Maybe the fish would have worked better with a CPL filter?
Hidden - The b&w on this one too, it gives it a completely different feel.

Thanks TIm Finley is a real character I tired to get a picture of Rory mom and dad's older Collie but every time I picked my camera up he looked the other way.:rolleyes:

Amazing colourful fish, not sure which I like best, I guess you could spend all day there.

A forced smile from that dog. ;)

Hidden ... the lengths people go to ... :clap: but yes shame about the shadow.

Thanks David hidden made my eyes hurt!

Hmmmm yes number one for me too, I'd have loved to see the crop bang on from the corners, yes being very fussy tonight :devil: but still, love the idea, and the red pen and writing makes it work, as does the choice of words, like it :)

Thanks Dean

Mark

Definitely one of the best ideas I have seen on the threads. Hidden and prefer the colour version with the red lines, superb idea !

Thanks Chris

Thank you all for taking the time to comment :)

Still here I took an image for lonely but I'm not happy with it so I need to find another asap before I get :tumbleweed:

Hi Mark.

Lonely: I like the choice of image with those ominous-looking clouds adding to the lonely feel. Is there a blue cast or is that down to my monitor?
Fauna: No. 1 for me with those engaging soulful eyes directed at the camera. Excellent choice opting for b&w.
Static: Good choice for the sepia treatment - gives it a lovely authentic look to it. Definitely static.

Well done on the mini catch up. :clap:

Great catch up Mark.

Poor man does look like he's lonely (and a bit cold too)

Fauna, it's number one for me too (y)

Love the old photo effect on Static and the vignette focuses attention away from the more modern visitors on the lhs. I suppose you could have asked them to ahem 'move' :rolleyes:

Lonely is a great find, and great (if slightly odd) colours.
Fauna is #1 for me too. Works well in B&W.
Static: sepia treatment and vignetting works well on that SAS soldier.

Thanks for your comments for Lonely I used on of the filter in Nik software but I can not remember which one!!

Nice catch up Mark, I prefer the mono donkey's both for the processing and the actual content of image itself.

Nice processing on the bike(r) too, it suits the period.

Lonely you have cut the top off the inflatable which is a pity but nicely on theme, who doesn't like a donkey or two , nice catch up

Good stuff Mark.

Lonely ... you've really caught it there ... pleasantly weird all round.

your first/main donkey pic I like ... possibly a bit tight in the frame, but good detail none the less. And mono really works.

Static is a beaut ... nice wide (ish) angle, framing and processing. (y)

Hi Mark ....Bouncy Castle man does look Lonely ...I sure he was soon surrounded by happy bouncy kids :)
Definitely the B&W for the donkeys, it works really well.
The people are a bit distracting in Static, I would have been tempted to clone that person out that's walking behind him. But it's an excellent choice of subject, and I like the sepia effect...looks like an old photo.

Hi Mark,
Static is the pick of the crop for me, the processing pretty much makes it spot on and does disguise the audience.
It's ****** hard to get shots at these re-enactment type events, without spoilers, isn't it.

Fauna - I love the vibrant blue in the second shot, but the eye contact in the first just pips it.

Lonely - It is very blue, isn't it, but I guess you were going for that effect.

Thank you for all your comments.

I can not believe how far I have got behind just by having a few days away!

Anyway on to week 33 and Game

This was a quick iPhone shot

Week 33 Game by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Socks? whatever next :D
Nice find Mark :)

I'm back!!!! :p

Thank you for all your comments I very nearly brought the socks but resisted :eek:

Now on to week 34 and Serene

I spotted this while waiting for 200 Minis to arrive on WestwardHo! promenade on the Sunday of August Bank Holiday weekend

I thought the mist was really odd as it was only in that one spot!

SERENE by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

I wonder if it's spray from the waves? Interesting shot and the lone figure makes it I think

I like the B&W photo, very well done

And finally for now

Week 36 Ancient

This is one of my favourite places in the World the fort on St Catherines Island off Tenbys North Beech until about a month ago this was going to be opened up as a tourist attraction but sadly the local planners stuck their ores in

ANCIENT by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

I wonder if it's spray from the waves? Interesting shot and the lone figure makes it I think

I like the B&W photo, very well done

Another lovely B&W conversion for ancient, really suits it and brings out the details.

Thanks Chris much appreciated I seam to be doing a lot in Black and White at the moment

Hey Mark. Yes, it does look unusual but like Chris I think it's seaspray being agitated by air movement. My gosh that person looks miles away from anything. Terrific shot for Black & White - particularly like the expressions and the reflection below the engineer.

Back