DP’s 52 2019 - Week 29 Closed - ADDED

Week 8 - Object

Only the one image from me this week, I did have in mind to just do an object, but then started thinking of someone objecting to something so here is the wife saying "I Object to having my photo taken.." (Which she does on a regular basis!)

Last edited:
Excellent idea and photo. I would have edited out the two bright circles to the left as they tend to draw the eye a bit.

I did something similar to this last year for 'refuse', I think your one works better than mine due to the shallower DoF you've obtained.
I don't mind the bokeh balls to the left, they are a something people often strive to get.

Been waiting for this take on the theme - and you gone done nailed it!

Great concept, and very well executed.
Excellent exposure, and I like the shadows across your wife's hand....gives it some nice depth.
Nice and sharp on the hand too, challenging at f1.8....I have to hand it to you, you did it!!:giggle:
Nice work Daniel.(y)

Excellent idea and photo. I would have edited out the two bright circles to the left as they tend to draw the eye a bit.
Thanks Joan, I hadn't noticed the two bokeh dots until you said :LOL:
I did something similar to this last year for 'refuse', I think your one works better than mine due to the shallower DoF you've obtained.
I don't mind the bokeh balls to the left, they are a something people often strive to get.
Thanks Tim, appreciate it!
Nice! Fits the theme and is composed well, really like the DOF.
Cheers Dom!
Been waiting for this take on the theme - and you gone done nailed it!
Ah thanks Dave!
Great concept, and very well executed.
Excellent exposure, and I like the shadows across your wife's hand....gives it some nice depth.
Nice and sharp on the hand too, challenging at f1.8....I have to hand it to you, you did it!!:giggle:
Nice work Daniel.(y)
Thanks Gareth, I actually focus peaked this one on the hand as the focus was wandering for a bit, glad it came out as sharp as it did!

Really good last couple of image.

The second rough one is really nice. Great sunset with lovely colours to it.

Nice object image. Love the concept, detail and dof.

Good job :)

I think you are the first and only one to attempt this take so far and a very well captured shot too. Focus just on the hand works well for the theme.
Thanks Stan, yeah I did think there would be a few takes on this one!
Great take on the theme Daniel the really shallow DoF work really well
Thanks Mark (y)
Really good last couple of image.

The second rough one is really nice. Great sunset with lovely colours to it.

Nice object image. Love the concept, detail and dof.

Good job :)
Thank you Ian, appreciate your comments!

I do like that image for Object, Daniel. It's an idea I had too, as neither of my sons like having their photos taken, but a quick enquiry to see if either would oblige with a protesting hand was met with the expected 'no, Mum', hence the dog being pressed into service! This needs no narrative to convey the theme and the focus and DOF are spot on.

I do like that image for Object, Daniel. It's an idea I had too, as neither of my sons like having their photos taken, but a quick enquiry to see if either would oblige with a protesting hand was met with the expected 'no, Mum', hence the dog being pressed into service! This needs no narrative to convey the theme and the focus and DOF are spot on.
Ha ha, Andrea that would have made a great story if you managed to capture them objecting to your request! Thanks for the comments :)

Week 9 - Wet

Here is my entry for this week. We spen the weekend in London and although we were hoping for some of the nice weather we have been having lately, it was actually raining! It did mean I could get some shots of it being 'Wet' though so when we were wlaking around St Pauls yesterday morning we were the only ones around! Also, I have successfully made it further than I did last year which is great!

This on'es not really wet but I wanted to include it anyway!

First image is the best. The lady adds to the wet feel with her umbrella. like the processing as well, itsuits the weather perfectly.

Daniel, bit of a catch up
Object, yep my wife is exactly the same with the hand but never thought of it for the theme.
Wet, second one for me with the reflection. It really suits the conversation

I like both the images for Wet. Focus is great on the first. Like the reflections in the second. Other than being for Wet it would be a tough call which to go for ! Always a sucker for a mono....

Both 'wet' images are terrific Daniel.
I think the first image is my favourite too, though the reflections of St. Pauls in the glass are excellent!
#1 really is a brilliant image however! The single, lone figure holding the umbrella is perfectly placed in the street....such a compelling narrative.
The reflections in the wet pavement surface, the tall crop with the iconic dome of St. Pauls cathedral centred, the B&W processing....all first class!
Love it!(y)

Wet. Nice composition, the image has a great mood about it.

First image is the best. The lady adds to the wet feel with her umbrella. like the processing as well, itsuits the weather perfectly.
Thanks Mandy! (y)
Daniel, bit of a catch up
Object, yep my wife is exactly the same with the hand but never thought of it for the theme.
Wet, second one for me with the reflection. It really suits the conversation
Cheers Chris, thanks for the comments!
First one for me too. Very nice shot for Wet with the solitary person perfectly placed. Very nice.
Thanks Lee! (y)
I like both the images for Wet. Focus is great on the first. Like the reflections in the second. Other than being for Wet it would be a tough call which to go for ! Always a sucker for a mono....
Cheers Chenti, appreciate your comments!
Both 'wet' images are terrific Daniel.
I think the first image is my favourite too, though the reflections of St. Pauls in the glass are excellent!
#1 really is a brilliant image however! The single, lone figure holding the umbrella is perfectly placed in the street....such a compelling narrative.
The reflections in the wet pavement surface, the tall crop with the iconic dome of St. Pauls cathedral centred, the B&W processing....all first class!
Love it!(y)
Thank you Gareth for the great comments!
Wet. Nice composition, the image has a great mood about it.
Thanks Rob, appreciate it (y)

The first one is very special, well done Daniel. Great composition, detail and processing. Top work
Thanks Carl, appreciate your comments!
Super choice for Object Daniel, really well composed and a perfect alternative take on the theme.

Wet ...I absolutely love that first one ....I’m very jealous ... a real top notch image :clap:
Ah thank you Susie that's great to hear! Thank you for your comments!

Really like the first wet image. I think the lady with the brolly makes it what it is. Great opportunist capture

Really like the first wet image. I think the lady with the brolly makes it what it is. Great opportunist capture
Thanks Ian!

Week 10 - Free

Free Week by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

I took this on a stroll around town looking for my entrance theme shot and thought it loose and appropriate to put in for my free week!

Week 11 - Entrance SOOC

Entrance 01 by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

I had this shot in mind almost immediately when entrance came up, it's the entrance to cathedral gardens but the bench is framed really well! Straight out of camera too so my PP nerves were twitching!!

I did take this second shot which is another entrance to the same gardens!

Entrance 02 by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back