weekly Go on then, 5th go at the 52, finished!

Heat; I know selective colouring isn't to everyone's taste but I do like this one. Spot on theme and you've caught the flame and smoke nicely.

Figures; I prefer the first figures shot. Good timing you caught more or less everyone looking at the same direct and I like the processing and

No trains ;)

Heat, now they are wonderful flames, bags of detail and the oranges have been well captured. Any chance of a colour version for comparison.

Figures #2 for me, the blue cast really captures the feel of the battle. Just clipped the top of the musket. Nice DOF and moody smoke.

Good show.

Cheers.

Hi Michael

Heat ... nice one! good focus and detail ... effective SC job. (y)

Figures ... I like the detail and DOF of #2 ... but #1 may fit the theme better as they look a little like toy soldiers.

Hi Michael. Just had a look through. Love the Heat image - been trying fire but suffering chronic blown highlights and haven't managed a decent shot yet. Well done you - my fave.

Heat - a great shot of a difficult subject (ie flames) and great use of selective colour.
Figures - Second shot for me, a really emotive shot.

Trying to catch up a little here, started my new job and ended up racking close to 50hrs in my 1st week, looks like I won't be getting much time for photography atm. I do get sundays off though, so attempting to catch up somewhere down the line.

So in no particular order

week 22, broken

warkworth castle #6 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 23, Entertain (yourself)

seat by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 25, silhouette

silouhette by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 26, animal

Mute swan by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Left to do

Week 19 : Household
Week 20 : Reshoot and Limit
Week 21 : Bizarre
Week 24 : Spiral
Week 27 : Medicine / Medical

Hi Michael,
I think the de-saturated / B&W image approach really works well for Broken and Silhouette, not quite so sure for the other two.
Of the 4, Broken is my favourite, I immediately knew the subject without reading the title.

Broken .... not as enthusiastic as Tim, I find it a bit soft ... plus I generally prefer colour to B&W.

Entertain ... is sharp ... I like story-telling candid street.

Silhouette ... is cool

Animal ... nice but lacks the swan's natural colourings.

Hi Michael,

Broken: Nice in b&w and like the cloud definition
Entertain: Good composition and content. Love street photography and don't do enough of it.
Silhouette: Not terribly interesting but meets the theme
Animal: Lovely shot but agree with David about colour - how about colour popping the beak.

Lacking time, Michael, so I'll just say, Entertain works well. Nice and subtle, well composed; seems to have a slight purple/blue cast :thinking:

Hope work settled down soon.

Cheers.

Thanks all for the comments, very much appreicated. Very sorry for not getting round threads at all, work is very busy and we are short staffed, and i'm worn out.

So for a few more catch ups, again in no particular order.

Household, verticals need correcting but this was the best I could do

temple newsam house by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Bizarre, a bit of pop art pp, something out of the ordinary. The subject is a gull on a post, best viewed a bit larger on flickr

pop art gull on post by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

week 24, Spiral

spiral by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 32, Support, a close up of a workman at cliffords tower in york, assesing the stability of the mound, plus the wall which is never seen in the bg as its under the grass mound.

support 2 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 31, Words

words by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 29, Pale (shade of grey)

wood pigeon (pale theme) by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

4 to catch up with now I think

Week 20 : Reshoot and limit
Week 28 : Proverb
Week 30 : Tear

Great catch up Michael. (y)

I really like the simplicity of Spiral ... that curled, well-paint old iron with more OOF in the BG.

Hi Michael. Not sure how, but bypassed these until now. Anyway:
Household: Well themed anyway and apart from straightening as you mention, maybe a bit more contrast ... especially to bring out the sky a bit more.
Bizarre: Would make a lovely colourful abstract.
Spiral: Nice DoF and great b&w but especially like the fact that it is bold - in your face bold :clap:
Support: Themed and a nice bit of sc ... doesn't look entirely HSE safe :eek:
Words: Not sure about the blue colour cast - maybe b&w would be better
Pale: Nice sharp focus on the bird

A couple more before I forget about them, work is very busy, so no real time to pick my camera up at all, or even think about pics for that matter.

Geometric

geometric.. by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Limit

Mind your head by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, apologies again for not getting round any threads at all.

themes to do, so i can find them easily :D

Week 20 : Reshoot
week 33 religion/religous
week 35, fashion
week 36, chilled

Last edited:
A few more on to the long list of catch ups, I like how the planes fit each of the themes, repetative in away maybe, but i;m not bothered :D

Week 23, Entertain, (wk 37 reshoot)

Red Arrows #11 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 37. Special

Vulcan's final flight with the red arrows, .

Reds And Vulcan final flight by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 39, Noise

The Typhoon, what awesome thing it is, and what a sweet noise it makes!

typhoon #4 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

And just as a reminder, so i don't forget

To do!

week 33 religion/religous
week 35, fashion
week 36, chilled /
Week 38 : Despair
Week 40 : Envy

Hi, Michael, gonna just have to pick my favourites which are Temple Newsam because it's local. Could do with the verticals sorting and a pit more punch in the clouds but the B&W works well.

I like the perspective of the White Company. Well composed and nice detail. I might have cropped the top bit out.

Typhoon, great angle and nicely frozen.

Cheers.

Whoa! Some catch-up Michael - well done. Not many behind now.

Geometric: Nice PoV to capture those naturally converging lines formed by the trees
Limit: Like the quirky looking stairs - nicely themed.
Entertain/Special/Noise: I attended Airbourne this year and experienced the awesome display so Red Arrows, the Vulcan and my goodness the thunderous noise produced by the Typhoon were mind blowing. Great images :clap:
Religion: That looks a nice setting - love the tree and particularly the fallen leaves.
Fashion: Simple and well taken with nice lighting
Despair: Unlike a few us (ahem), you managed without shoehorning - an achievement in itself.

Michael - Do you realise these do not appear inh the main TP52 for 2015 .... page !?!

Hi, Michael, gonna just have to pick my favourites which are Temple Newsam because it's local. Could do with the verticals sorting and a pit more punch in the clouds but the B&W works well.

I like the perspective of the White Company. Well composed and nice detail. I might have cropped the top bit out.

Typhoon, great angle and nicely frozen.

Cheers.

Thanks for looking Andy, would like a revisit to temple newsam at some point for a reshoot, a crop would certainly work on the fashion pic, missed that.

Whoa! Some catch-up Michael - well done. Not many behind now.

Geometric: Nice PoV to capture those naturally converging lines formed by the trees
Limit: Like the quirky looking stairs - nicely themed.
Entertain/Special/Noise: I attended Airbourne this year and experienced the awesome display so Red Arrows, the Vulcan and my goodness the thunderous noise produced by the Typhoon were mind blowing. Great images :clap:
Religion: That looks a nice setting - love the tree and particularly the fallen leaves.
Fashion: Simple and well taken with nice lighting
Despair: Unlike a few us (ahem), you managed without shoehorning - an achievement in itself.

Michael - Do you realise these do not appear inh the main TP52 for 2015 .... page !?!

Thanks Carl, I love the typhoon, its noise is awesome! Look forward to photographing the planes again with the new camera. The church certainly wasn't an easy setting and the statue, well im glad I found it as I really didn't know what to do for it! Forgot all about the main thread for them....

Hi Michael. In a similar vein to Andy, I'll just pick my highlights from the catchup if that's okay.
Religeon - The B&W processing really sells the shot to me, it makes it timeless. Have you considered any other crops? Because of the resolution on this screen, I originally saw it without the spire / foilage, with the dark tombstone as the subject and the church as an interesting backgroun in the top half of the screen. I actually feel this is a stronger crop - but perhaps not what you were aiming for.
Special - Anything with XH558 in it is special :) Nicely lit and well captured. Easily beats my shots of her against a dull grey sky.
Entertain - Again a nice clear capture. I bet you're kicking yourself for posting a few days before topic 41...
And lastly - Limit. Great spot and shot and yet also very confusing. I know how I should be looking at it, but my poor little brain simply refuses to see it. :clap:

Hi Michael. In a similar vein to Andy, I'll just pick my highlights from the catchup if that's okay.
Religeon - The B&W processing really sells the shot to me, it makes it timeless. Have you considered any other crops? Because of the resolution on this screen, I originally saw it without the spire / foilage, with the dark tombstone as the subject and the church as an interesting backgroun in the top half of the screen. I actually feel this is a stronger crop - but perhaps not what you were aiming for.
Special - Anything with XH558 in it is special :) Nicely lit and well captured. Easily beats my shots of her against a dull grey sky.
Entertain - Again a nice clear capture. I bet you're kicking yourself for posting a few days before topic 41...
And lastly - Limit. Great spot and shot and yet also very confusing. I know how I should be looking at it, but my poor little brain simply refuses to see it. :clap:
Picking highlights is ok for Me:)

Hadn't even thought of a crop on religion, might give it a try if I get chance. Entertain, that would certainly work wouldn't it!
Limit I really liked, took a good few gos to get the composition right. And yes, it plays with my brain too. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Glorious Red Arrows ... Mind your Head :thinking: .... The White Company, nice ... Despair, truly excellent, nice lens.

Thank you both for the comments.

Week 27,Medicine/medical. Here we have the ambulance boat and dedicated doctors, nurses and midwife services for the ilses of scilly

ambulance boat (medical theme) by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Weak 30, Tear (tearing through the waves, or bringing a tear to ones eye at such an impressive display) A few of the dolphins i was watching on a pelagic trip yesterday out of a probable 400.

Dolphin #1 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 36, chilled, Bishop Rock Light House, my idea of being chilled, on a boat exploring the sea.

Bishop Rock Light House by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 42, Shimmer

shimmer by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Nearly caught up now...

Week 40 : Envy
Week 41: Inverted

Nice catch up Michael, the Dolphins win hands down for me (y)

Another catchup Michael, horizon is off in shimmer ;) but I like Chilled, bit of a shoehorn, maybe, but it would make a decent B&W and I like how the horizon is low low (and straight ;)).

Cheers.

Another great catch up Michael :)

Looks like you have been out and about nicely, for me the pick of the bunch is the upturned wheelbarrow, something I really like in that one m,ate (y)

Really pleased to see you keeping in still, but I have only just spotted these though mate, did you post them on the Photo's thread ??

Another great catch up Michael :)

Looks like you have been out and about nicely, for me the pick of the bunch is the upturned wheelbarrow, something I really like in that one m,ate (y)

Really pleased to see you keeping in still, but I have only just spotted these though mate, did you post them on the Photo's thread ??

Thanks Dk. I didn't actually post them in the other thread, totally forgot about it!

Lego, You big kid Michael :D

I like the low key, self portrait.
That works well IMO (y)

Good catchup Michael

The Chilled lighthouse I like very much but might benefit from a little sharpen and a tweak in curves to bring out some detail.

The sparkles in Shimmer work well and on theme ... nice sky too.

Inverted ... creative thinking.

Elements ... best of the bunch (y) ... but I might have cropped a little off the FG

Seasonal ... lovely peaceful/moody image.

Habit ... ha! different.

Covered ... excellent! the revolutionary? Love the colour: a hint of blue on the head covering, a hint of red on the lips.

(y)

Habit: :D The explanation cracked me up. Nice B&W picture, and love the shadow of the puppy fishing...

Covered: I like the blue tone in this, but that one light in particular is a bit distracting...

Back