weekly Hertsmans 52 for 2017 Rustic,Festive, weather added-and DONE !

Love the shot for Routine, Mark. Top work for originality and humour. Only crit is....you're missing a member! :D

Back to the serious stuff this week. Love Numbers, soooo many possibilities. I was hoping to get out and about today but the weather put paid to that.
Choice of two this week,let me know what you think.

Numbers-2 by Mark P, on Flickr

And because this IS a photography forum after all....

Numbers by Mark P, on Flickr

Routine made me LOL. It reminded me of a fiesta (party) with my Spanish friends last summer when I was trying to teach them the YMCA arm gestures. For us it's easy as its just YMCA but in Spanish it's ygriega, eme, thé, and a as in apple. As much alcohol had also been taken it was hilarious.

As for Numbers it,s #2 for me as I find the oof writing in the bg a little distracting but thats just my photographic OCD :(

Shotgun shells for me. Classic image that would make a cool poster for a gun shop :)

Liking the jumble of cartridges, handle with care, they might go off! I too thought about numbers on lenses, but you're right: soooo many possibilities ... difficult to know what to do.

Two nice Numbers shots, like the shotgun shells and bg, but for me it has to be the lens shot ( one of my fall back shots ) nice and gritty looking on the lens :)

Routine made me LOL. It reminded me of a fiesta (party) with my Spanish friends last summer when I was trying to teach them the YMCA arm gestures. For us it's easy as its just YMCA but in Spanish it's ygriega, eme, thé, and a as in apple. As much alcohol had also been taken it was hilarious.

As for Numbers it,s #2 for me as I find the oof writing in the bg a little distracting but thats just my photographic OCD :(

Shotgun shells for me. Classic image that would make a cool poster for a gun shop :)

Thanks all

That lens certainly has lots of numbers on it, but it's the shotgun cartridges for me, my OCD want to chop off that tiny black line on the lhs, but that's a minor detail, the colour combination of the red, white and black works together really well.

Hmmmm tough choice Mark, I'm liking the cartridges as something different, but still think the lens numbers take it for me, nicely cropped though I wish the 35 was not clipped... no hang on, the first one for me :)

One thing Im guilty of is missing the finer details in the shot, this week has taught me a good lesson for that!

Liking the jumble of cartridges, handle with care, they might go off! I too thought about numbers on lenses, but you're right: soooo many possibilities ... difficult to know what to do.

Cheers

I think I'd go with the cartridges Mark, it's far more out of the ordinary for most of us.

Thats what I aim for most weeks Tim tbh....

Ha, great shot. Those pesky photographers standing in your way :)

Agree it is attractive to togs, as saw quite a few people near it earlier today when I was there. A nice clear shot of my favourite ruins in Brighton :) Just remembered I was watching that bloke while having a pint today too.

If you were watching him, then I was the big oik behind him with the camera !

He was using a Nikon 810 and big stopper - super long exposure deal.

Clever take on the theme, like the little bit of colour the orange bag gives it.

Certainly fits the remit of the thread.
It looks a bit flat though, have you tried playing with levels and curves adjustments to give it more punch?
That said, I'm guessing from the lack of shadows that you were working with very flat light.

ETA. When you link back to your thread, try to link to the post with the picture in it, rather than the first post in the thread. The URL you need is available from the "Share" link bottom right of the post, or the #xxx link :)

Last edited:
Ah the old pier again ... and a different interpretation I like. (y)

Ha, great shot. Those pesky photographers standing in your way :)

Agree it is attractive to togs, as saw quite a few people near it earlier today when I was there. A nice clear shot of my favourite ruins in Brighton :) Just remembered I was watching that bloke while having a pint today too.

Clever take on the theme, like the little bit of colour the orange bag gives it.

Definitely attractive to photographers and I love the pop of colour of the camera bag. (y)

Certainly fits the remit of the thread.
It looks a bit flat though, have you tried playing with levels and curves adjustments to give it more punch?
That said, I'm guessing from the lack of shadows that you were working with very flat light.ETA. When you link back to your thread, try to link to the post with the picture in it, rather than the first post in the thread. The URL you need is available from the "Share" link bottom right of the post, or the #xxx link :)

Thanks guys. The camera bag was the only thing that had any colour at all really, the light was terrible. God conned me, as Saturday was lovely, and Sunday alledged the same, but it was raining by 11.00 sadly....
Tim, sorry - will try harder !

Good take on the theme, nicely captured
Cheers !

Ah the old pier again ... and a different interpretation I like. (y)

Thanks David, I strive to not take cliches....

That works well bit of cloning out of things theres a digital clock? in the middle also

I've tried this kind of thing a couple of times in the past so I know how hard it is and you have done a good job of it.

Never tried this and IMHO you have done a great shot, like the colours and composition.

Great light painting, I wonder if you could have opened the aperture a bit wider to get a hint of the painter into the picture.

Well done on the light painting Mark. (y)

Just seen @brrnd 's comment about getting a hint of the painter into the picture ... yes it has been done.

No.1 Mark. I have no issue with the clock face (adds interest) and the colours seem better in the first image.
Did you change some other settings when you did the cloning out?

Not knowingly Tim, I just cloned the two sections - one quite badly.
Its all a learning curve, and lets not forget, supposedly fun too.....

Back