weekly IanD's 52 Week 2019 Walk Of Shame - Week 26 - Drink

You needn't have done that, I was only commenting on my own OCD, but yep that's much better to my eye - thanks

You needn't have done that, I was only commenting on my own OCD, but yep that's much better to my eye - thanks
No, it's good to have these things pointed out Jim. It may be your OCD or others may think the same but i'd never have noticed, although as soon as you pointed it out, it did look a tad skewed. A little bit of transform in Lightroom and bob's your whatnot :)

I prefer the first one, interesting entrance and a nice contrasty black and white conversion very fitting for the subject

I love your original posted image for the 'entrance' theme Ian....first class!
I like both....adjusted and non-adjusted.
Superb mono processing and I like the vignette too.
It has a great, spooky mood to it.
Your second image - the spooky tunnel - is great too.
You've captured the reflections of the trees in the puddle nicely, and the darkness of the image works well.
I prefer your original however, there's just something about those gates....excellent work!(y)

Loads of interesting shapes and great black and white conversion on the first image Ian, I like it a lot. I like the tunnel image too, especially with the reflection in the foreground puddle

I prefer the first one, interesting entrance and a nice contrasty black and white conversion very fitting for the subject

Thanks very much Allan

I`d be pleased with either of the images, really like the first one and good PP in the second image.

Thank you Dave

I love your original posted image for the 'entrance' theme Ian....first class!
I like both....adjusted and non-adjusted.
Superb mono processing and I like the vignette too.
It has a great, spooky mood to it.
Your second image - the spooky tunnel - is great too.
You've captured the reflections of the trees in the puddle nicely, and the darkness of the image works well.
I prefer your original however, there's just something about those gates....excellent work!(y)

Thank you very much Gareth

Loads of interesting shapes and great black and white conversion on the first image Ian, I like it a lot. I like the tunnel image too, especially with the reflection in the foreground puddle

Thank you Carl

FREE - fantastic shot with such vivid colours.
ENTRANCE - I like the first you posted, but the second is superb!!

Thanks so much Bob

I like the first shot for Entrance. Nice mono processing and well done for remembering how to get the after 15 years. I struggle to recall what I had for breakfast! :LOL:

Really nice shot for Young. They do appear utterly care free. Excellent candid shot of kids enjoying life (y) Can I ask, have you added a vignette? If so, I have one tiny comment, the shoes on the boy on the right are a different shade.

Young - a gresat natural shot, and really suits mono processing (the slight vignette works well).

Great image for Young Ian. Agree with Bob, it reminded me straight away of the Empire State photo!

Love this shot especially because they are all looking different ways. Very natural and compelling. The focus seems to drop off across the image from left to right - is that me?

Perfect fit for the theme, and I love the way that each of the boys is doing something different. I didn't think of the Empire State photo until I read Bob's comment, but it does remind me of it now

I like the first shot for Entrance. Nice mono processing and well done for remembering how to get the after 15 years. I struggle to recall what I had for breakfast! :LOL:

Really nice shot for Young. They do appear utterly care free. Excellent candid shot of kids enjoying life (y) Can I ask, have you added a vignette? If so, I have one tiny comment, the shoes on the boy on the right are a different shade.

Well, I remembered, but there was a gate on the entrance that wasn't there before - but that worked for me :)

Thanks for the comments on both Lee - now I see it, I do agree that the vignette does darken the lad on the right's boot. It's a shame, as I think the vignette makes the image work

Excellent shot for the theme, Ian. Well spotted and good timing too. Love their nature pose and care-free expression. Agree with Lee about the strong vignette

Thanks very much Stan

Good take on the YOUNG theme. It reminds me of that Empire States 'workers on the girder' photo.

Thanks Bob. That's quite a compliment as that image is quite iconic

Young - a gresat natural shot, and really suits mono processing (the slight vignette works well).

Many thanks Jim

Great image for Young Ian. Agree with Bob, it reminded me straight away of the Empire State photo!

Thanks very much Daniel

Great shot Ian!
All the expressions are so compelling....what a capture! Perfect timing and the mono treatment is superb, and as has been said the vignette works so well.
Excellent work!:clap:

Thank you Gareth. When I looked at the image, I was very happy, as it was opportunist and I only took one shot

Love this shot especially because they are all looking different ways. Very natural and compelling. The focus seems to drop off across the image from left to right - is that me?

Thanks very much Joan. I can't see it myself but the lad on the far right has his hand moving. Maybe, he was leaning slightly more forward, but I think it looks ok

Perfect fit for the theme, and I love the way that each of the boys is doing something different. I didn't think of the Empire State photo until I read Bob's comment, but it does remind me of it now

Thanks Carl. That's what I love about it too. I think it's one of my favourite images i've ever taken due to their natural expressions

Like it, great 'drip' running down the side although i'd have probably have tried to light it from the front a wee bit more; that's not to take away from the fact that it's really well composed etc.

Nice chucky egg pic - needs toast soldiers :)

VERY good sooc shot!

That's an eggcellent shot.
uFIdid6.gif

Good composition and lighting. The runny yolk really adds interest to the shot.

Very good, nice composition the yolk and the spoon make it for me

It's a well taken shot, and to get it looking like that SooC is an achievement! The runny bit of yolk running down the side is great.

Superb shot for food and the technique Ian, well done!

Thank you very much everyone, for your comments. As always, very much appreciated. Sorry I don't have time to reply individually but been so busy this week.

Last week's theme to follow soon :)

So here's my entry for last week - gotta take the rough (Dremel tools) with the smooth

It's actually 7 images focusing on different parts of the image to try and get everything sharp that I wanted to, then all merged and edited

52W2019 - Smooth by ***tuttifrutti***, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Ian

I would want all of the tool bits to be sharp, the back end of the orange ones look soft. Nice reflections on the granite and the colours are wonderful.

Pete

Fantastic macro image Ian!
I love the colours and textures in the bits.
And those reflections....to 'die' for!!;)
As Pete says, you could adjust the masks in PS to get all the bits sharp, though I know only too well how tricky focus stacking is....still a terrific image, nicely done Ian!(y)

Cheers Pete- I guess I should have taken 8 images then . It's funny how you are pleased with an image then someone points out an 'issue'- not a criticism of you. I'm a bit gutted that I went to the trouble of taking 7 different images exactly for the reason of getting it focused all over, but missed one point! Good to be noticed and picked up on so thanks for that.

Thanks very much Gareth. Unfortunately can't do anything with the masks as it was a point I'd not got into focus anyway mate.
Thanks for the kind words

Great macro shot, I love the detail and DoF, really nice colours too.

Hi Ian,

Wet - Nice starbursts, nice smooth water. The light seems well controlled for a 20sec exposure. Nicely done :)
Free - Nearly missed this as the link seems to be broken (for me anyway). A good minimalist still life. I like the vibrancy of the colours contrasting against the gradient of the background.
Entrance - I think the wider shot for me. Works really well in mono and the vignette does add mood.
I may have to go looking for this next time I'm in the area with some free time (which might be Easter Sunday as I'm manning one of the entrances for the Watercress Line's TTTE event in the morning).
It definitely wins over the other option you've shown, which says bridge rather than entrance.
Young - Lovely shot, works well in mono.
Food - Blimey, that's come out exceptionally well for a SooC shot. You must have put a lot of work into the set-up :clap: Great background, the exposure looks good, the only thing is a bit of a floaty feel.
Smooth - A nice bit of focus stacking. Something I've never managed to get right...

Back