weekly KathG's 52 for 2017

We all suffer from loss of mojo from time to time Kathleen ... it'll return in it's own sweet time. Good that you've posted anyway and quite an inventive submission at that. A lot of dis-order in evidence.

Last edited:
Well, at least it's on theme, and a good idea... On to the next week!

Haha - that crossed my mind for the theme this week as I tried to find partners for about 20 mismatched socks...think the sock monster got them again! Your socks are much more fun than ours though Kathleen, so it's probably for the best that you did it :) I struggled a bit with this week as well - I'm sure you'll find that some themes will have you full of ideas.

Thanks everyone, Looking forward to the next one. Hoping this will get me to take more photos than just my dogs and the garden visitors....LOL

Thank you . Yes to be honest I like them in order, but I hate pairing them up...LOL....there is always at least one odd sock. But my 17 year old granddaughter likes wearing odd socks. Some sort of strange fashion thing.

Cheers
Kath

I was a little stuck for ideas again this week. Then yesterday I had a little accident with a glass while washing up, deep enough for a visit to A&E
So here we have
Week 02 UN-Comfort-Able

Un-Comfort-Able by Kath Garvey, on Flickr

Oh dear - that looks as if it may have been painful. Hopefully more Comfortable now. Spot on theme .... the hard way. PS: No linky to this page.

Thanks Carl and Dave. Fixed the Linky.
It was more of a shock than painful. Last time I push a sponge inside a glass. Shocked how deep it went in.
Mind it was a bit OT to come up with an idea fro this weeks theme....LOL:sneaky:

Commitment Kath, I like it! Kidding of course, but the shot is very on theme and unlikely to be repeated I'd imagine. Nice detail as said. Hope it heals soon :)

Having worked in an emergency room (A&E to you), I can imagine what's under the bandage and know it must be uncomfortable. If you're right-handed, I applaud you for being able to set this up and get such wonderful detail in the photo.

Ow ow ow ow ow.
And that's your shutter finger too !!!
Works for the theme, sharp and uses shallow DoF to direct the eye.
It feels a little blue to me, perhaps a quick check setting the white colour balance might fix that?
Mind you, with that hand you're not going to be editing are you, so (y) for even getting a shot posted :)

Think the shot is well composed, well lit and fits the theme. Fair play to you for getting the shot it must of been really awkward.

Bit OTT cutting yourself for a picture though!;) Hope you are on the mend.

Thanks everyone for your kind word on my week 02 submission. Finger is on the mend. :)

Cheers

Kath

Ouchie! I hope your finger is better for the week 3 submission!

Week 03 Hairy

Oh boy this one was hard, everything I came up with had already been done. Anyway here is my Hairy, but what is it from ? ;)

Hairy Forest.jpg by Kath Garvey, on Flickr

Good that you worked through and got this one out of the way Kath ... from a vacuum maybe!?!?

Comfort - thats a shame that you had a bit of an accident, a different take on the theme works for me. I hope your injury heals soon.

Hairy - I have not idea what you have photographed, but it is certainly very hairy.

This one if conjuring up all sorts of images..... but it definitely fits the theme! The OOF areas are a bit spludgy for me, otherwise some nice patterns going on there :)

I've no idea what you've shot, but it looks like you're looking through it out to the sky.
it's on theme and I don't think I've seen another of whatever it is.

By the way, don't be put off if someone beats you to the shot you want to take, it's a personal challenge, not a competition :)

Thanks everyone for your comments, they are appreciated.

I thought it was time to post where the image came from ..;) Nothing exciting just my dogs hair.....:)

untitled shoot-4564.jpg by Kath Garvey, on Flickr

Back