Phil Bennett's 2018's Fifty-Two - (Wk22) Creatures added

Guard ... sharp, good colour, but I think maybe the top should be cropped just under the Decker word. o_O

Thick ... love it! As thick snow pics go this is a beaut. :clap: What a find.

Oh my days, how the heck do they ever make any sense of that lot! Nice abundance theme. I think I would have tried to crop out the terracotta tiles though

A different take and idea. An abundance of cable and wire going in all directions. Looks a bit dangerous to me.

I really like it, and it feels like it should in India or somewhere, surely not UK ? H&S would crap themselves.....

Abundance yep works for me the lovely blue sky really makes the wires stand out like the inclusion of the red tiled roof in the bottom corner too

Not shoehorn at all, it was one of the things that crossed my mind :) I really like this, the fish eye and the processing give this a grungy feel which I think really suits the theme :D

I like that a lot too Phil. Apart from thee fish eye angle I love the slightly grainy look to the lighting and the highlights in the lead's hair.:)

Great heavy image. Nice lens work for that one too. Looks great zoomed in too. Really rocking out

Last edited:
Guard - nice sharp image
Thick - Lovely untouched snow, nicely central and good Pov..
Abundance -My goodness so many cables, An unusual sight well spotted
Wet - Great idea and very topical too

Really like the heavy shot,feel like your in the mosh pit with you.
Wet works really well, with interesting colours, like the oof blur.

Heavy is a really good gig shot, well processed IMHO.

Wet is spot on, just the right amount of background detail to emphasise the theme

The gig shot is very good, loads of atmosphere in this.

The wet shot works well for the theme too.

You are not alone in being fed up with the crap weather......

Phil

Heavy - metal - fits the theme and the grit in the image makes it more so.
Wet - nice colours diffused through the wet.
2 very good images.

Pete

Heavy- Love it nicely taken and processed

Wet - Nicely done just enough detail seen through the window to keep your interest.

Heavy and Wet both work really well Phil nice one!

"Excellent" Juxtaposition shot Sir, bang on theme. Nuff said.(y)

George.

Heavy is great, spot on for the theme imo.

I really like you shot for Wet, the focus looks absolutely spot-on on the water, lovely colours too, looks very Impressionistic. I think it would look great printed on acrylic.

Juxtaposition works well for the theme. I find the door on the right side very bright and hence a bit distracting.

Hi Phil, just had a skim up to the top of this page, some excellent choices for the themes there, I thought Abundant was my favourite, but then I saw Heavy and Wet and now I can't decide, I think they're all perfect choices.

Juxtaposition, your chairs are definitely spot on, I feel I want to chop a bit off each side and just show the chairs but I think it would be a bit too tight. I was looking forward to seeing what everyone came up with for the theme, good to see everyone's imagination being put to good use.

Juxtaposition - love it!

Hey Phil,

Heavy - Effective use of wide angle (fish eye?), the lighting really picks out the lead singer.
You've nicely controlled the light too. (y)
Wet - Very effective. Is the light blue car a vdub? It certainly has the shape of a Beetle. It adds that splash of brightness that the picture needs to work. Another (y) from me here.
Juxtaposition - Like it. Works for me. Where did you get that decent weather from???

Minor nit-pick is the bright white door and pipe on the right but it really is a great composition

Hey Phil,
Wet - Very effective. Is the light blue car a vdub? It certainly has the shape of a Beetle. It adds that splash of brightness that the picture needs to work. Another (y) from me

The light blue is actually metallic green, it’s a sporty Merc which has been wrapped

There were an 'abundance' of wet window pics posted for the Wet theme, and yours is a particularly good one with the smeary lines of water and just enough colour and detail beyond.
Juxtaposition conveys the theme very well and I like the complementary colours of the chairs and the wood and brick behind them. The door on the right is a touch bright and distracting but so close to the edge of the frame that it's a minor problem.

Loving those chairs in odd surroundings, in the sun.

The band thru a fisheye is an absolute beaut. :clap:

Hi mate, Bit of a catch up here.

Heavy - great. love the fisheyeness and the processing. spot on.

Wet - i tried a shot similar to this but yours is nicer i think.

Juxtaposition - Cool idea. like the subject, not too keen on the shed in the background.

Ta.

Phil

Juxtaposition, nice image on theme.I like the different shades of brown shown, If only you had brown double glazing and downpipe. Pleny of detail, pin sharp.

Pete

Great idea for juxtaposition, and great execution, nothing to criticise!

I like the Juxta shot, personally, I may have tried a more uniform background or maybe had the soft brwon chair in front of the matching panelling behind.... IDK ?

Back