Phil Bennett's 52 for 2016 - Stone Added

Ooooooo now that is a lovely bird Philip, such nice colours, guessing you are very busy as falling on a few archive images lately :) - but hey that doesn't take from such a good image, the background blends in with the colours too, another shot I would have loved to have taken (y)

Topical....Great looking old pub.
Not so keen on the greenish caste, but it's an individual thing :)

The Living World....Very nice. I've never been able to photograph one myself, in fact only ever caught a fleeting glance!

catch up on comments
Happy - good choice on the theme
Abandoned - nice personal take on the theme like the backstory
Camouflage - great picture my favorite of your pics so far
Dangerous - Certainly is dangerous another great picture good Dof
Topical - I like the low POV
living world - great Dof again he Pops out of the picture.

Last edited:
Nice concept and really well executed Philip. Like both sets of reflections - debated the inclusion of the wood table for a while but agree that it does add a richness and helps "ground" the display. :clap:

Nice coffee and Vodka idea Phil, I really like the twin reflections and clean surfaces, well lit too for so many surfaces (y)

Ahhh and by the way, please check the spreadsheet and advise me which images are NOT archive, as I have the feeling your camera is giving incorrect EXIF details ??

:)

That's some very smart thinking, Phil. I do like that a lot. Lighting is very clean and effective - creating an image which just works. Tiny tiny crits would be the label on the vodka (frame left) is just poking around and causing a white edge and the coffee cup says latte, cappuccino etc and appears to have straight black :) So no real comments/crit of worth!

Positioning and composition with those two reflections in frame makes me wonder whether you could have pulled it right a touch, but maybe not - it's a very neat, clean image - well done :)

Spiky, great idea Phil, nicely executed too (y)

Great bit of lighting Philip - love the raspberries in particular and the rich tones of the table ... quite like the smile too. :)

Great for the theme!!
Love the wooden surface and the very focussed light.

Yes, music and earphones are personal things so spot on for the theme. Like the reflection of that vibrant red in the wood surface.

Not many things as personal as musical taste that's for sure, so right on the theme.
Love the light in this, and the wooden surface.

Hello Phil, really like the false teeth and the raspberries. Superb lighting and composition. Personal is a quality shot, spot on and faultless

Artificial - I like the colours and the tight lighting
Personal - nice rich colours and right on theme

Loving the lighting and colours in your shots, nice reflections in the wood.
Minor criticism, I find the join in the wood a little distracting.

Back