weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

The sunrise shot is quite beautiful, and youve done a great job with the exposure etc etc. but I'm feeling that I want you to tip the camera forward a bit... the clipped stone irks me somewhat, sorry to be negative.

As for Freud. What a lot of fun! - looks like one of those naff joke birthday cards. (y)

Hi Andy

It's amazing how noisy silence can be. Where we lived until recently there was often no noise at all yet it felt like sensory overload on the ears. So not that much of a shoehorn from my pov, and it's a lovely landscape to boot.

Envy - :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO: I mustadmit when you said you had sent MrsP out to buy something my mucky mind thought you'd sent her to an entirely different kind of shop :naughty:

Noise is definitely not a shoehorn, Beautiful image, clever interpretation and good fun on your first 'Dispair' shot, second is very dramatic although i would echo what others have said regarding the background needing something more, other than that, great set of images.

Hi Andy, I like the thinking behind noise and the pic works well a slight lift of the shadows on the rock/foreground maybe

Envy, who can resist talking veg, an amusing take on what is a difficult subject, I see what you mean about the speech bubble but it doesn't detract for me

Noise; that's a beautiful image well wroth getting at that time for.

Envy; :LOL: I was scrolling down slowly while reading your text and thought what is Andy coming with a cucumber this week! :thinking: until I saw the whole image I was :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Noise - Not really got anything to add to the other comments except that I love the colours you've captured there.
Envy - *Chuckle*. You beat @Brian_of_Bozeat to it ;)

Hi Andy :)

Despair reshoots - I really like these, much prefer the colour one, interesting foreground, now that was one hell of a party by the looks of it :D ggod posing by Jackie and Isabelle as usual, they really are getting used ot being included this year (y)

Noise - Great idea doing the lack of noise, for a sunrise I have seen much worse mate, still plenty of colour through a large expanse, nice focal point and liking the little bit of mist caught too :)

Envy - What can one say :LOL:

Agree about the speech bubble, the shot is really well lit again, good shadows and typical imagination from you recently, love it !!!

Hi Andy,

Noise: What a tranquil, peaceful scene - like the line of mist in the distance which in itself signifies silence. Well taken.
Envy: Ha ha great choice of props and response to the theme. Nice of you to draw attention to the plight of the humble gerkin (sniff, sob).

Noise ... yes I can hear the silence. Lovely image, colourful and sharp. I love the mystic of the mist down there somewhere between the clearly-defined FG and BG.

Envy ... not sure about the lighting, but damned clever/amusing idea. :jawdrop:

:) nice one Andy ...good to see some humor for a rather difficult theme.

Hi Andy, b+w versionby far the better of those for me, Expressions are really good and the whole image conveys the theme.

Sunrise pic is really nice, and the vegeetable pic just made me laugh! A better speech bubble as you say.

The sunrise shot is quite beautiful, and youve done a great job with the exposure etc etc. but I'm feeling that I want you to tip the camera forward a bit... the clipped stone irks me somewhat, sorry to be negative.

As for Freud. What a lot of fun! - looks like one of those naff joke birthday cards. (y)

Hi Andy

It's amazing how noisy silence can be. Where we lived until recently there was often no noise at all yet it felt like sensory overload on the ears. So not that much of a shoehorn from my pov, and it's a lovely landscape to boot.

Envy - :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO: I mustadmit when you said you had sent MrsP out to buy something my mucky mind thought you'd sent her to an entirely different kind of shop :naughty:

Noise is definitely not a shoehorn, Beautiful image, clever interpretation and good fun on your first 'Dispair' shot, second is very dramatic although i would echo what others have said regarding the background needing something more, other than that, great set of images.

Really appreciate the feedback. All read and comments taken onboard.

Just about to post my Inverse. I don't expect any comments; 1. because it's pretty naff and 2. I haven't commented this week :(

Cheers.

Well pre visualised my Inverse. Set off and the field was a quagmire, not surprising after torrential rain :) Processing errors are evident.

Anyway, just off shopping then picking up Isabelle for a camping weekend at a local site. Hoping to recover this week after, what I feel, have been a few lacklustre submissions on my behalf.

Cheers all.

Inverse by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Hi Andy,

Special: Great portrait and perfect for the theme. Great lighting too.
Despair: :D Brilliant! Great bold colours - works really well.
Despair 2: A powerful shot. The mono one for me. The smoke and rubbish in the FG adds to the feeling of despair.
Noise: Very nicely done. Perfectly signifies the lack of noise for me. A very calming photo.
Envy: I nearly spat my tea out! :D Very funny and a spot on fit to the theme as well.
Inverse: I like the simplicity of this shot. Is it through a water droplet or a lens? Either way, its very good (y)

Hi Andy, nice inverse shot I like its placement in the frame and the fact that nothing is clear except for the actual circle itself

Hi Andy. I agree with Allan about the surrounding clear space; it doesn't need that point of reference to see that the image is inverse. :clap:

Hi Andy,

Special: Great portrait and perfect for the theme. Great lighting too.
Despair: :D Brilliant! Great bold colours - works really well.
Despair 2: A powerful shot. The mono one for me. The smoke and rubbish in the FG adds to the feeling of despair.
Noise: Very nicely done. Perfectly signifies the lack of noise for me. A very calming photo.
Envy: I nearly spat my tea out! :D Very funny and a spot on fit to the theme as well.
Inverse: I like the simplicity of this shot. Is it through a water droplet or a lens? Either way, its very good (y)

Thanks for the catchup, Lee. Envy, glad is made you smile :)

Hi Andy, nice inverse shot I like its placement in the frame and the fact that nothing is clear except for the actual circle itself

Hi Andy. I agree with Allan about the surrounding clear space; it doesn't need that point of reference to see that the image is inverse. :clap:

Cheers, all, I think I could have done better with inverse, but might reshoot.

Hi, all, Shimmer, thought of a nice cityscape for this one with shimmering lights. Decided on a multiple exposure and blended the photographs.

The bokeh really is not what I expected. No geometry to it. They are more egg shaped :thinking:

It was also a bit hazy which might have had something to do with it.

Anyway, enough excuses, here's Shimmer.

Cheers.

Week 41 Shimmer2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Oh, you are still in this then.... :whistle:

Interesting shot, I'm thinking - Autumn morning on the set of the magic roundabout (in a good way, I like the shape of the "leaves"). It would look much nicer with a bit of a clean up, there's quite a few dust spots, have you got that 750 dirty already? I like the dark area towards the middle, it adds depth.

Oh, and the horizon is wonky...

Made you look! :D:ROFLMAO:

That's a brilliant abstract with beautiful autumnal colours, nicely on theme Andy.

A nice simple Inverse shot and no distractions. I like it and spot on theme.

Shimmer; like the pattern and colour just a shame about the bokeh which you've already self critique.

Oh, you are still in this then.... :whistle:

Interesting shot, I'm thinking - Autumn morning on the set of the magic roundabout (in a good way, I like the shape of the "leaves"). It would look much nicer with a bit of a clean up, there's quite a few dust spots, have you got that 750 dirty already? I like the dark area towards the middle, it adds depth.

Oh, and the horizon is wonky...

Made you look! :D:ROFLMAO:

That's a brilliant abstract with beautiful autumnal colours, nicely on theme Andy.

Cheers all. Yip the sensor does need a good clean before my trip to Glencoe.

Not the easiest of themes i have to say.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Andy

well these last two have certainly got me thinking, well looking anyway.

Inverse ... inverted something or other, is it an antenna or something in a field? Intriguing, not sure I want to see the uninverted version included or not.

Shimmer ... caught a glimpse of this the other day and thought pure shoppery, that's cheating. But shimmering city lights eh, that's interesting.

Inverse - Hmmmmmmm really liking the composition of this mated, but not liking the DoF at all, feels like I forgot to put my contacts in :wideyed: :D

Shimmer - Ooooooo cracking Bokeh mate, I did wonder how you got it, multiple exposures of what may I ask ?? what ever it is, nice festive autumn colours there (y)

Hi Andy ...I like the space around your Inverted, it gives a really nice feel to it, but the content in the circle seems a bit lacking in interest, it just doesn't catch my eye.

Quite the opposite for Shimmer....a shiny, shimmering, extravaganza :) perfect for the theme and as DK says glorious autumn colours. I'd be interested to know what it was too.

Hi Andy

well these last two have certainly got me thinking, well looking anyway.

Inverse ... inverted something or other, is it an antenna or something in a field? Intriguing, not sure I want to see the uninverted version included or not.

Shimmer ... caught a glimpse of this the other day and thought pure shoppery, that's cheating. But shimmering city lights eh, that's interesting.

Inverse - Hmmmmmmm really liking the composition of this mated, but not liking the DoF at all, feels like I forgot to put my contacts in :wideyed: :D

Shimmer - Ooooooo cracking Bokeh mate, I did wonder how you got it, multiple exposures of what may I ask ?? what ever it is, nice festive autumn colours there (y)

Hi Andy ...I like the space around your Inverted, it gives a really nice feel to it, but the content in the circle seems a bit lacking in interest, it just doesn't catch my eye.

Quite the opposite for Shimmer....a shiny, shimmering, extravaganza :) perfect for the theme and as DK says glorious autumn colours. I'd be interested to know what it was too.

Thanks, all.

I'm not averse to PPing, as you'll see with Elements :)

Cheers.

Week 43 :eek:

Anyways, here's my take on Elements. I don't quite get the focus on the elements right, but I'm quite happy with the concept.

I don't drink coffee at home, only Costa Coffee and I'm off for one with Isabelle shortly :)

Cheers all.

NB....there was a very slight cheat with this one that I'll explain later :(

Elements by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Elements of Coffee?
I wondered where my shoe horn went to :p

Great idea Andy (y)

Hi Andy, thats a great take on elements would never have thought of that, PP is spot on except the little bit of the rim of the coffee jar? but thats really picky

nice idea well produced

Elements of Coffee?
I wondered where my shoe horn went to :p

Great idea Andy (y)

Hi Andy, thats a great take on elements would never have thought of that, PP is spot on except the little bit of the rim of the coffee jar? but thats really picky

nice idea well produced

Cheers guys.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Allan, you really do have an eye for the detail. Totally missed that, it's the spoon :nailbiting:

:clap:Brilliant take Andy and such a nice composition. You will have to let me know how you managed the flowing granules and liquids - awesome.

Ooo yes that is a cracking idea, like how you have done that Andy, I especially like the flow/globules of water (y)

:clap:Brilliant take Andy and such a nice composition. You will have to let me know how you managed the flowing granules and liquids - awesome.

Cheers, guys, the elements were poured and I used OCF to freeze, but not as well as I'd have liked; then just used PS to mask them all in.

Cheers.

Bluurrgh! That's got me heaving. Seasonal is true (but also Friday night). Another great image Andy.

Hi Andy, seen a few of these, not sure the black BG works with it, some of it's surroundings might have worked better
you seem to have cut in the black to the seeds/pulp
nice idea for the theme though

Elements; I was thinking how does the shot fit-in with the theme when I first saw your image in the 'No Comments' thread but after reading you explanations here I thought what a great idea. Brilliant pp too. :clap:

Seasonal; on theme but just a shame the right hand side of the pumpkin is merged in with the background.

Hi Andy

Elements - great interpretation (apart from the shadow on the rim :p). Makes me wonder how your mind works :shifty:

Seasonal - Love this interpretation (see above :ROFLMAO:)

Hi Andy.
Elements - Once again a great clear, clever and well composed / executed shot from you. :clap: I suspect you could sell that to several high street drink vendor chains...
I chuckled at seasonal, a great take on the subject. I've got to agree with the comments above, the pumpkin is merging with the background though, which detracts a bit.

Thank god I wasn't wearing my 3d glasses!

Bleuch. That's horrible (in the right way) You have a twisted mind. - it takes one to know one :D - it looks like it has been cut out which for me spoils the effect to some degree, similar to my own shell shot earlier in the year. Perhaps it could do with being grounded?

Elements ... nice work (y)

Seasonal ... on theme ... seen this done loads of times before, this is good but he's looking too happy.

Bluurrgh! That's got me heaving. Seasonal is true (but also Friday night). Another great image Andy.

Hi Andy, seen a few of these, not sure the black BG works with it, some of it's surroundings might have worked better
you seem to have cut in the black to the seeds/pulp
nice idea for the theme though

Elements; I was thinking how does the shot fit-in with the theme when I first saw your image in the 'No Comments' thread but after reading you explanations here I thought what a great idea. Brilliant pp too. :clap:

Seasonal; on theme but just a shame the right hand side of the pumpkin is merged in with the background.

Hi Andy

Elements - great interpretation (apart from the shadow on the rim :p). Makes me wonder how your mind works :shifty:

Seasonal - Love this interpretation (see above :ROFLMAO:)

Hi Andy.
Elements - Once again a great clear, clever and well composed / executed shot from you. :clap: I suspect you could sell that to several high street drink vendor chains...
I chuckled at seasonal, a great take on the subject. I've got to agree with the comments above, the pumpkin is merging with the background though, which detracts a bit.

Ewwwwwwwwwe - but very good Andy, dark, eerie and very seasonal, really liking your variety this year (y)

Thank god I wasn't wearing my 3d glasses!

Bleuch. That's horrible (in the right way) You have a twisted mind. - it takes one to know one :D - it looks like it has been cut out which for me spoils the effect to some degree, similar to my own shell shot earlier in the year. Perhaps it could do with being grounded?

Hi Andy ...Seasonal ....well it fits the theme but it is very :puke:

I love your Elements shot ...the concept, the composition, everything about it, an absolute winner :clap:

Elements ... nice work (y)

Seasonal ... on theme ... seen this done loads of times before, this is good but he's looking too happy.

Thanks for all the comments (y)

I did struggle with the BG. Although it was on a black BG I see what you mean about it almost floating :)

Cheers.

Well, currently on a TP Meet with @blondie606, @darknight and Jo, and @Southdowns near Glencoe, weather has been much better than we expected and we've done plenty of photography, travelling (very fast with Lynne @blondie606 at the wheel :help: and chatting.

I was always going to do a full on photography/ full of excitement interpretation but when @darknight took is to this wonderful ship wreck I was really chuffed as I know what to do.

A tryptic from me. Much better when viewed via Flickr (y)

SEE POST 802 FOR FINAL SUBMISSION :)

Cheers.

Week 44 Full by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Andy 3 excellent pics you couldn't wish for a better sky all really good B and W conversions not sure the first one fits with the other two,

but I like it a lot :clap:

Excellent shots - I would be proud of any one of them. Hard to choose but ~3 is probably my fave. Whereabouts were these taken?

Back