weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

Hi, thats excellent, both good but the B+W could do with a little lift exposure wise I think, but I do really like it :clap:

perfect for the theme

Hi Stan, Proverb is a smashing shot, that sea is so calm, it fits your choice of proverb really well.

Pale ....ohhhh that so makes me want to go away on holiday ....it's a superb shot I love it :clap: one of my absolute favourites on the whole thread.

I think I prefer the black and white for Tear, a very lovely model, another perfect one for the topic.

Brilliant for Tear. :clap: I prefer the colour version merely, as Allan said, the b&w although better suited needs to be a bit more "contrasty" to make it work well.

Hi Stan :)

Another Catch up... thought I had subscribed to yours but I have missed loads again :banghead:

Spiral - Now that is unusual such an odd building, really like the lines going all over the place, looks like it was a hard one to choose the crop !!

Silhouette - Really like this, a nice moody sky as well as a really detailed skyline, maybe a tad off the top for me as the sky is overpowering the main subject, but still a cracking image :)

Animal - The second one for me, nice colours and I'm liking the fence in the background, good detail still in a relatively dark horse, well handled (y)

Medical - Haaaaa love that, a great fun image :D

Proverb - This is great, not sure how you got the PoV but it's perfect from this angle the boat seems so insignificant yet still so important, liking the deep colour of the see against the white boat/birds too :)

Pale - A lovely bright image, a cracking hillside with lovely deep blues again, I think this fits the theme perfectly, exposure handled really well again too (y)

Tear - Nice...I'm liking the face nice and central but would prefer the shoulders the same too, much preferring the colour image, beautifully done and a great image for the theme, love it :clap:

Hi, quite a solemn tear there. Nice soft lighting, that said I feel would benefit from a slight increase in lighting.

Tear drop looks a little fake, but well done for trying and I'm sure with a little more practice you would nail it.

Cheers.

Hi Stan, Proverb is a smashing shot, that sea is so calm, it fits your choice of proverb really well.

Pale ....ohhhh that so makes me want to go away on holiday ....it's a superb shot I love it :clap: one of my absolute favourites on the whole thread.

I think I prefer the black and white for Tear, a very lovely model, another perfect one for the topic.

Thanks Susie, glad you like the shots.

Brilliant for Tear. :clap: I prefer the colour version merely, as Allan said, the b&w although better suited needs to be a bit more "contrasty" to make it work well.

Thanks Carl. I prefer the colour version too.

Hi Stan :)

Another Catch up... thought I had subscribed to yours but I have missed loads again :banghead:

Spiral - Now that is unusual such an odd building, really like the lines going all over the place, looks like it was a hard one to choose the crop !!

Silhouette - Really like this, a nice moody sky as well as a really detailed skyline, maybe a tad off the top for me as the sky is overpowering the main subject, but still a cracking image :)

Animal - The second one for me, nice colours and I'm liking the fence in the background, good detail still in a relatively dark horse, well handled (y)

Medical - Haaaaa love that, a great fun image :D

Proverb - This is great, not sure how you got the PoV but it's perfect from this angle the boat seems so insignificant yet still so important, liking the deep colour of the see against the white boat/birds too :)

Pale - A lovely bright image, a cracking hillside with lovely deep blues again, I think this fits the theme perfectly, exposure handled really well again too (y)

Tear - Nice...I'm liking the face nice and central but would prefer the shoulders the same too, much preferring the colour image, beautifully done and a great image for the theme, love it :clap:

Thanks Dean for the catch-up comments, very much appreciated.

Hi, quite a solemn tear there. Nice soft lighting, that said I feel would benefit from a slight increase in lighting.

Tear drop looks a little fake, but well done for trying and I'm sure with a little more practice you would nail it.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, yes the tear is a photoshop effect. :)

I think the teardrop is a nice bit of shopping .... OK looks a little fake if you keep looking.

All round ... good stuff.

Well done Stan. Imagine bringing something intellectual to bear on us eh! Wish I knew what it all meant but it's all greek to me (sorry). Nicely taken - like the way the light makes the lettering glow.

I like that, the words are obviously very important to be so embellished and you have made them look really interesting. Super!

B. :cow:

Very nice Stan. I like the angle, makes it more interesting that a standard horizontal.

Yes, nice angle, good light plus I like the inclusion of the OOF stained glass above.

Very nice Stan. I like the angle, makes it more interesting that a standard horizontal.

Cheers Ian, I tried various angles to get the most words in as well as the best reflected light on the words.

Yes, nice angle, good light plus I like the inclusion of the OOF stained glass above.

Thanks David, f4.5 was the aperture setting trying to get only the words in focus but slightly missed the bottom row left.

Hi Stan

Tear - certainly works for the theme but seems a little flat on my monitor and it looks a little wonky.

Words - I love this :clap::clap::clap:

Hi Stan, Nice holiday by the look of it!

Proverb “A Smooth Sea Never Made A Skilful Sailor” (or skilled mariner) haven't heard that in a while! how true it is! Several people are reputed to have quoted this...
I like the waves in the sea here almost makes it look textured, and looks quite uniform. Always amazing how vivid blue the sea appears, lovely colour which makes the yacht and gulls stand out all the more. Nice shot fits the theme well(y)

Pale Santorini looks lovely, but packed with tourists doesn't sound fun, sounds like another place for a winter Holiday ;)
Its a lovely shot, and it has that nice strong diagonal that works the image very well. Just as David said Pale with great colour too! Its a winner for me, beautiful scene and full of interest.

Tear really like this, and your off camera flash was obviously really doing a great job. I think its the colour one for me. I think the tear, like with most things probably could be improved its just the inordinate amount of time you have to take trying to nail it in PS. It works that's the main thing! I guess if you needed to do a lot of shots with models shedding tears it might be worth cracking it :eek:.
Its a really cracking shot and I think the lighting and exposure is wonderfully even(y)

Words Like this too, the way you have used the light it almost looks like those letters are leaded. The light has picked them out very well, great choice of angle and great use of light!

Proverb is beautiful. Just the specks of subject against the colour and texture of the background. So simple, I could look at that for ages, but there's hardly anything to see.
I really like pale too, you can feel the heat. The town against the blue of the sea & the sky works well, and the fade of the sky down towards the sea just tops it off.
The mono version of tear gets it for me, there's a solemnity to it, and the lack of colour adds to that feeling.
Nice gentle fall off of focus in Words, and the composition lifts it.

Hi Stan, beautiful model and beautiful image for Tear. I prefer the colour version because as has already been said, I think it needs a little more contrast to make the b/w version work for me. Another great image for words. I can't make my mind up about the angle - I think the diagonal works really well composition-wise, but I keep wanting to tilt my head to try and read what it says!

Proverb is beautiful. Just the specks of subject against the colour and texture of the background. So simple, I could look at that for ages, but there's hardly anything to see.
I really like pale too, you can feel the heat. The town against the blue of the sea & the sky works well, and the fade of the sky down towards the sea just tops it off.
The mono version of tear gets it for me, there's a solemnity to it, and the lack of colour adds to that feeling.
Nice gentle fall off of focus in Words, and the composition lifts it.

Thanks Nick, pleased you like the Proverb shot.

I think it's all been said Stan ... smashing composition, lovely light, and bang on theme :)

Thanks Susie

Oh I do like that. Nice fit to the theme and such functional elegance. Like the light and shadows chasing across the walkway and the starburst effect of the streetlight.:clap:

I really like that you took this photo while the lights are on. I can imagine it loses its impact when the sun is out.

Very well done Stan. This is the kind of thing I've had in mind all week, but not manages to capture anything any good. Perfect POV, light & colour.

Hi, as mentioned above great time to take the photo, nicely done (y)

Hi Stan, nice leading lines and bright colours, good subject for the theme too, nice one at that (y)

Very well done Stan. This is the kind of thing I've had in mind all week, but not manages to capture anything any good. Perfect POV, light & colour.

Hi Stan spot on for the theme and as said a really lovely light on it, love the composition leading to the archway at the end and the starbursts add that extra glow.

Thank you all for the kind words, very encouraging for the remaining weeks ahead.

Back