weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

How the chuff did @Cobra spot the bike :)
As I said, if I can spot small prey moving through the grass I sure as hell can spot something that large :D

In reality I have a talent for spotting something that shouldn't be there, rather than should be.
it comes from falconry and tracking.
You don't try and spot the bird, you look for something out of place.
I can spot a long wing among a flock of air borne gulls, half a mile or so away.
*You* see a 1000 birds, but I see one behaving differently.

If that makes sense?

Like it alot. Big fan of B&W.

Cheers Matt, I agree B&W suits this image.

Hi Stan. I've been playing around with PL filters too. Nicely constructed and composed image. Excellent response to the theme.

Thanks Carl.

How the chuff did @Cobra spot the bike :)

Nice symmetry and the reflection works well. I'd prefer to see it in colour.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy and here's the colour version.

I think the bike is easier to spot in this colour version.

Very interesting POV on Geometric too, I guess it was taken from a building opposite rather than looking up at it as it were. Mr Hi Vis and the red barrier make a great anchor! Nice Urban art well spotted Stan!
Fashion .... That's a really excellent Image and the B&W conversion is spot on it really works very well indeed with this shot. I like the reversed text in the glass too. Was it the bike or the young ladies bottom that @Cobra found distracting I wonder;).
I think that's exceptionally well exposed(y)

A couple from me this week.

I was visiting my daughter on Saturday and always take my camera with me because of my 2 years old granddaughter.

Here she is relaxing and chilling out.

Week 36.1 - Chilled

I'm lucky enough to live not too far from a nature reserve where seals are normally breeding between March and August and part of the beach are out-of-bound to all. So I was up early on Sunday and hope to captured some images of them chilling out along the beach.

Week 36.2 Chilled

Was it the bike or the young ladies bottom that @Cobra found distracting I wonder;).
The lady's bottom is fine, using it as a potential bike rack isn't :D

Very interesting POV on Geometric too, I guess it was taken from a building opposite rather than looking up at it as it were. Mr Hi Vis and the red barrier make a great anchor! Nice Urban art well spotted Stan!
Fashion .... That's a really excellent Image and the B&W conversion is spot on it really works very well indeed with this shot. I like the reversed text in the glass too. Was it the bike or the young ladies bottom that @Cobra found distracting I wonder;).

Thanks Steve, there's a small hill where these apartment are being built and I was there for something else but spotted the scaffoldings and geometric shapes.

I was looking at the window with the cloths and thought 'how would I make a Fashion image out of this.' and then I spotted the reflected John Lewis sign right below the Hobbs sign.

Cor! you're lucky on both counts - granddaughter and seal island. Two excellent shots for the theme Stan. I prefer the one of the cutie 36.1 - all set for a bit of r&r by the look of things.

Two cracking images Stan, that first one is something special though (y)

Cor! you're lucky on both counts - granddaughter and seal island. Two excellent shots for the theme Stan. I prefer the one of the cutie 36.1 - all set for a bit of r&r by the look of things.

Thanks Carl, glad you like the shots.

Two cracking images Stan, that first one is something special though (y)

Cheers Chris, yes she is THE SPECIAL ONE.

I can't help Shooting the grandkids either!

I'm going to buck the trend though and say I prefer the seals, I find it more relaxing as an image. Great how the low light picks out the individual seals and I like the uncluttered composition, well done.

#1 for me; #2 has potential but the harsh light/shadows don't help.

Gorgeous little girl there. very tranquil. I think it could pop a little more and a subtle vignette would improve.

Cheers.

Couple of nice shots there Stan.

#1 is a nicely lit, the I N on the pillow I find distracting.

Hi Stan

Geometric - well spotted and I love the so-called irregularities, they add that je ne sais quoi.....

Fashion - again, well spotted and the polariser was a great call (except for the parked bike ;)). I prefer the b&w version I think although it's a close call.

Chilled - #1 for me, she looks so relaxed. I agree with d00d about the letter on the pillow but it would have been a shame to disturb her.

Hi Stan

Geometric - really like this and the little irregularities just make the shot more interesting
Fashion - well spotted and the John Lewis reflection give you 2 for the price of 1. I prefer the b&w conversion (y)
Chilled - #1 for me, she certainly looks chilled to me. As d00d says, the letters on the pillow are a little distracting but it would have been a shame to disturb her

I can't help Shooting the grandkids either!

I'm going to buck the trend though and say I prefer the seals, I find it more relaxing as an image. Great how the low light picks out the individual seals and I like the uncluttered composition, well done.

#1 for me; #2 has potential but the harsh light/shadows don't help.

Gorgeous little girl there. very tranquil. I think it could pop a little more and a subtle vignette would improve.

Cheers.

Thanks Brian and Andy, I too am not 100% happy with the seal shot and would prefer to shoot from a different angle but there are warning notices to ask general public to stay a good distance away from the seals. I also need to walk round to the sandbank in order to shoot from the angle I like but with the tide coming in I just don't like to take the chance.

Couple of nice shots there Stan.

#1 is a nicely lit, the I N on the pillow I find distracting.

Hi Stan

Geometric - well spotted and I love the so-called irregularities, they add that je ne sais quoi.....

Fashion - again, well spotted and the polariser was a great call (except for the parked bike ;)). I prefer the b&w version I think although it's a close call.

Chilled - #1 for me, she looks so relaxed. I agree with d00d about the letter on the pillow but it would have been a shame to disturb her.

Thanks David and Jill, I agree that the letterings are distractions and as Jill said I don't really want to disturb her then she'll just ran off playing something else. I was lucky at the time that she settled down for a few minutes normally she just running around most of the time.

By the way, the letterings said "I ❤ New York"

Hi Stan,

Fashion: Sorry for the late response, I had typed a reply on the ipad but must have cancelled. Anyhow, I think its very good. I like both the B&W and the colour but if I had to I'd go with B&W. As others have said nice symmetry and at least you got a pretty girl in it without having to ask :)

Chilled: #1 She's a little cutie. A nice little candid, one for the desk :) Just before bed if the only time my two slow down! As others have said the letters on the pillow are the only think I might try and remove.
#2 Again very nice and you're lucky to live close to something like that. I used to do a bit of diving and always found seals to be very pleasant\friendly when under the water - if not a little noisy when on shore.

Hi Stan, can only echo whats already been said, lovely shot of your grand daughter (y)

Hi Stan :)

Geometric - Another nice unusual one, really like this, that red gate is spot on with the mass of yellow brickguards, the inclusion of two staircases works too even though an even number, like it :)

Fashion - I'm torn between the B&W and Colour, I really like the B&W but feel fashion needs to be colour to get the best from it, so there be my choice :)

Chilled - Like the first one for theme wise and keep factor, although I really like the bang on horizontals in the seal pic (y)

Hi Stan, sorry I've not been here for a while.
Fashion - good to see a shot where reflections are actually deliberately included! Very striking and I had to really zoom in to see the bike!
Chilled - I think the business of the pillow slightly detracts from her otherwise chilled look, but two lovely shots.

Hi Stan :)

Geometric - Another nice unusual one, really like this, that red gate is spot on with the mass of yellow brickguards, the inclusion of two staircases works too even though an even number, like it :)

Fashion - I'm torn between the B&W and Colour, I really like the B&W but feel fashion needs to be colour to get the best from it, so there be my choice :)

Chilled - Like the first one for theme wise and keep factor, although I really like the bang on horizontals in the seal pic (y)

Hi Stan, sorry I've not been here for a while.
Fashion - good to see a shot where reflections are actually deliberately included! Very striking and I had to really zoom in to see the bike!
Chilled - I think the business of the pillow slightly detracts from her otherwise chilled look, but two lovely shots.

Thanks Dean and Elaine. Comments much appreciated.

Struggle a bit with this week's theme so decided to use the biggest shoehorn so far. The Kelpies near Falkirk in Central Scotland.

So what's Special about the image you may asked! Well not the subject, ok may be the sculptures are a one off special. Not the location either but is the date of the image taken, did I not mentioned a big shoehorn! 13th September is a Special date to me & Mrs rpn; our wedding anniversary and so happen this year is the 39th!

Not the best time of the day to take the shot would much prefer early morning or evening with better lights. We were on a long weekend mini tour break around Scotland and decided to stop by this location to grab a few shots.

Week 37 - Special (The Kelpies)

Congratulations on your 39th Stan. I think the Kelpies are Special anyway, doubly so with the date - have only driven by them en route to Glencoe but how imposing are they! Nice take ... envious. The letters didn't distract me, in fact I thought they somehow balanced with the pattern on the right, but both versions of Chilled are lovely.

Hi Stan - Support.
I was planning to try something like that but couldn't find an interesting enough bridge.
I like the use of the bridge itself as both the subject and the leading lines.
Good detail, nice colours. :)

Congratulations on your 39th Stan. I think the Kelpies are Special anyway, doubly so with the date - have only driven by them en route to Glencoe but how imposing are they! Nice take ... envious. The letters didn't distract me, in fact I thought they somehow balanced with the pattern on the right, but both versions of Chilled are lovely.

Cheers Carl, Glencoe/Fort William was where I was heading to but with an overnight stay in Crieff. I'm hoping to capture The Kelpies again in a better light sometimes soon.

Hi Stan - Support.
I was planning to try something like that but couldn't find an interesting enough bridge.
I like the use of the bridge itself as both the subject and the leading lines.
Good detail, nice colours. :)

Thanks Tim, the shot wasn't planned. We stopped nearby for a comfort break and decided to take a walk taking the camera with me.

I've also re-orientate the same shot in a portrait format too. Can't decide which one I prefer though.

Hi, and congratulations for 39th wedding anniversary :)

Special, these are super and I'd like to visit them sometimes. The lower part I find a little distracting but you've composed to keep it to the bare minimum.

Chilled edit works better, closer crop would also improve IMO.

Suport, on theme and I feel a closer, abstract submission might have worked.

Cheers.

Reshoot Support ... I'd never had guessed that was in the UK, nice image, POV for the theme, I prefer the landscape orientation.

Chilled ... great improvement.

Special (The Kelpies) ... Nice ... but I'd trim a smidgen off the bottom and clone out any remaining treetops. I've not seen The Kelpies but have seen pics of them before and think they look far better when there's no relation to ground level.

Hi Stan ...I much prefer the portrait Support shot, I think it's much more suited to the theme, I like the fact the supports are really close.

Chilled ....sorry but I'm with Carl on that one I think the writing balanced it more, but it's a gorgeous shot and all a matter of taste :)

Special ....they re a 'wow' item, I would love to see them, did you do any standing below them looking upwards.

Congrats on the anniversary ...that's a really nice way to spend it....Scotland is wonderful.

Hi Stan ...I much prefer the portrait Support shot, I think it's much more suited to the theme, I like the fact the supports are really close.

Chilled ....sorry but I'm with Carl on that one I think the writing balanced it more, but it's a gorgeous shot and all a matter of taste :)

Special ....they re a 'wow' item, I would love to see them, did you do any standing below them looking upwards.

Congrats on the anniversary ...that's a really nice way to spend it....Scotland is wonderful.

Thanks Susie, I do have one looking up and will post it up later.

Scotland, well apart from the weather.

Back