weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

Steady on Stan, I'm still commenting on week zero posts :) but I'll let you off if you are going away (no slacking on the 52 though). Good collection of gates, I like the colours in the first but I think the second is probably the stronger photo, have a brilliant time down-under (y)

Steady on Stan, I'm still commenting on week zero posts :) but I'll let you off if you are going away (no slacking on the 52 though). Good collection of gates, I like the colours in the first but I think the second is probably the stronger photo, have a brilliant time down-under (y)

Thanks, Chris. I'll try my best to keep up, at least taking the shot within the week, but will be on the move most of the time.

Second shot is the pic for me....enjoy your trip !

Ooooo shot 2 for me Stan... the detail in the metal work is at its best for me and the angle of the open gate gives a great shine to the paintwork, flaky paintwork and rust at that which I really like (y)

Thanks, Mark and Dean. Looks like the rusty gate is the favour here.

I will have to echo the others, gate 2 is the one... it has more appeal than the other two for me.

You take a picture of a really posh gate and everyone likes the rusty one in the second image, I can only agree, enjoy your holiday Stan

Wow, you are quick off the mark this week, Stan! The first image is a very impressive gate and gives a sense of the height and undoubted importance of that old gateway, but my favourite is the second one. I like the way the open gate feels inviting despite the sign, the immediacy of the low POV, the contrasting colour of the rust against the painted metal, and the slightly OOF background. Really nice :clap:

PS: Hope you have a great trip!

Last edited:
Love the second one as well. Sorry :p

I like the gate in the first one but it looks like you've blown out the sky?

Hi Stan another vote for the second image the fact its partly open and the workds Private adds an air of mystery to it makes you want to go through and find out whats the other side.

Have a good holiday

Gate - three very good images but for me it has to be the last image, i just like the processing and the composition better.

Thanks, Mandy. I used the Nik Collection software to process the image and it seems to work for the subject.

Wow, you are quick off the mark this week, Stan! The first image is a very impressive gate and gives a sense of the height and undoubted importance of that old gateway, but my favourite is the second one. I like the way the open gate feels inviting despite the sign, the immediacy of the low POV, the contrasting colour of the rust against the painted metal, and the slightly OOF background. Really nice :clap:

PS: Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks, Andrea. It was the Private and opened gate that attracted my attention. I thought 'There's an image here' and it ended up as the favourite shot here!

Hi Stan another vote for the second image the fact its partly open and the workds Private adds an air of mystery to it makes you want to go through and find out whats the other side.

Have a good holiday

Thanks, Mark.

Love the second one as well. Sorry :p

I like the gate in the first one but it looks like you've blown out the sky?

Thanks, Andrew and no need to apologise as I like it too. (y)

I like the processing on the 3rd gate pic, pity about the sign not being in keeping with the location. Your 1st Pic about your location is great, lovely colours and nice and sharp.
I have been to Aberdeen to get on a ferry to Kirwall and I can remember the Harbour.

Pete

Welcome back Stan

Fab letterbox blue/orange harbour shot, starbursts too. (y)

and of the two moon shots #2 is a beaut for its simplicity.

The Gates ... they're absolutely everywhere in the city ... difficult to know where to start & finish.

I like the processing on the 3rd gate pic, pity about the sign not being in keeping with the location. Your 1st Pic about your location is great, lovely colours and nice and sharp.
I have been to Aberdeen to get on a ferry to Kirwall and I can remember the Harbour.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Not much has changed to the harbour in the last 20 years or so.

That is a very posh gate! Nice photo and I like the second gate you posted as well.

Thanks, Ben for the feedback.

Welcome back Stan

Fab letterbox blue/orange harbour shot, starbursts too. (y)

and of the two moon shots #2 is a beaut for its simplicity.

The Gates ... they're absolutely everywhere in the city ... difficult to know where to start & finish.

Cheers, David. Agree with finding an interesting or novel design gate is not easy.

Hi Stan,
#2 for me. Whilst the others are nice gates, #2 feels like it has a story to tell, the shallower DoF hides the miserable sky, there are some great textures and colour. defo #2 for me. :)

Reading through the other posts, I can sense a theme building ;)
Oh and enjoy your holiday you *** :)

Hi Stan,
#2 for me. Whilst the others are nice gates, #2 feels like it has a story to tell, the shallower DoF hides the miserable sky, there are some great textures and colour. defo #2 for me. :)

Reading through the other posts, I can sense a theme building ;)
Oh and enjoy your holiday you *** :)

Hi Stan, 3 very nice gates there, do like the colour of the paint in the 1st, my favourite though is the private one, nice angle and it makes me wonder what is through there.

Thanks, Tim and Michael. Yep, #2 has been voted as the favourite. :)

Hi Stan, Fantastic start. Love the harbour picture. The lights and reflections a really lovely. Love the other 2 as well, great colours. Lots of lovely gates too but the one that draws me back is actually no.3. Think it really suits the way you have processed it and I like the path going off into the slightly oof distance :D

Hi Stan, Fantastic start. Love the harbour picture. The lights and reflections a really lovely. Love the other 2 as well, great colours. Lots of lovely gates too but the one that draws me back is actually no.3. Think it really suits the way you have processed it and I like the path going off into the slightly oof distance :D

Thanks, Georgina for the kind words. There aren't many colours in #3 so I decided to try different processing to either black and white or vintage sepia look to suit the image.

Three great gate pictures I like the 3rd best the sepia effect really suits it good PP

I like all your gate shots. The tree on the left is distracting in the first so my favourite is the second. I like how it says 'private' yet is open.

my area: nice panorama of Aberdeen, beautiful colours
gate: it's #2 for me, the private one. Great PoV and composition.

G'day mates. Trying to keep up with the theme while on the move most of the time Down Under. The hardest part is posting the photos with the internet connections being slow and limited data available.

This is taken while visiting the Blue Mountains National Park just to the west of Sydney. You've to look closely to spot this week theme.

Week 02 - People

People 203682S by Stan, on Flickr

2 great images for People Stan

Took me a minitue to find the people in the first one, what a great view from up there. There's some lovely lighitng in the tops of the trees below.

I think the second image takes it for me great pov plenty to look at in there the people look like like ants with the height.

Clever how you got people in the first shot, and it also stands as a landscape photo!

And I love you second photo too, very sharp and there's a lot to see.

Back