weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

I think I prefer the one you selected for the main thread. It works both for the theme and as a nice landscape.
With the second one I would have been too tempted to play with TS effects ;)

I prefer the first, one soon spotted the people on flickr stunning view.

... Blue Mountains! I've been there, quite stunning. On first look I thought People-less was your game, but no, there's people there for sure. Nice entry, hope you're enjoying yourself there.

People
Both work well, i couldn't say if I prefer one over the other.

Thank you all for your nice words and feedbacks and apologise for lack of commenting and replies. Too busy going between paces down-under and the lack of internet connection doesn't help my causes.

Anyway, trying my best keeping up with my photo weekly 52 challenge. Was in Brisbane the last few days while looking out for Stack theme and came across many potential shots of..........

Week 03 - Stack (Contrast of modern and traditional architect)

Stark 203876S by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yep, that works for me. Good light, I love the Australian blue sky. Composition wise, I wonder if it would work even better if you had only the old church and the modern office blocks in the frame, either by moving around or just by choosing a tighter crop. Without the sky.

For me its number 2 on the Stark's.

The older building would have probably have been Grand in its day, yet the Towering modern building is probably small in todays world.

Love the second one. Like its been said above, I would have liked maybe a tighter crop on the 1st one. Just having so many modern buildings, especially the ones cut in half on the right, is just a bit distracting for me.

Hi Stan

I like.......

No No No I don't like it all this keep posting pictures of mlovely blue skies is just not on:D:p

Sorry where was I I really like both of them a strak contrast between the old and modern some great colours and refections in both.

They're both pretty amazing. In fact the first is just so unreal, disneylandlike. I do like the second more as it's less cluttered ... one old one new and no people.

Some great shots for all 3 themes Stan nice one, particuarly like the People shots!

I really like that first Stark shot, great colours. Both work really well.. Nice take on the people shots, too.

Love the stark images, especially like the composition and its nice to have some colour in this weeks theme.

People theme is brilliant, kept me looking for a while to spot them, the stark theme goes to number one for me, the modern building overlooking the spire, nice capture.... and have a lovely holiday, will expect more pics when you get back :)

Really like them both, great stark contrast between the buildings!

Its boiling hot here in the middle of Australia. Arrived yesterday was a cool 40C and today is 43C but feels like 50C. Up at 4:10 this morning for the sunrise and this is my shot for this week's theme.

Week 04 - (Sunrise) Over (Uluru)

Over 204242 by Stan, on Flickr

Classic view seen in lots of photos but you really have done it justice lovely sky

That's not fair, not much chance of a nice sun rise here in blighty for a while.
Lovely colours over a internationaly known landmark. Make me jealous.

Great photo, great colours and great light! Top (y)

Stark - two great pictures for the theme I like the second one more.
Over - great colour in the sky super view of Uluru

People - I was just about to say I couldn't see any people, until I looked top left and seen a blurred group of people at the top. All I can say is wow what a stunning view, and your second image is a cracker.

Stark - I much prefer your second image for the theme, very jealous of that nice bright blue sky, just a shame about the car that snuck in to the frame.

Over - WOW what an incredible image, cant pick fault with this image at all.

Back