SiblingChris' TP52 in 2016 - weeks 9-11 added

Dangerous. Imaginative take on the theme, and to be fair its not just diabetics that need to be wary, too much sugar in the modern diet is causing plenty of danger. I like the pov and the processing.

Abandoned No1 for me I like the branches going across its like giving a peak shot of what’s on the other side I like it a lot,
Dangerous I like your take on the theme and the old vintage look and yes sugar is very bad I never gave my 3 daughters sweets when growing up and now they have pearly white teeth.(y)

Cracking processing Chris, and of course, personally dangerous (y)

Sorry for the lack of comments - playing a huge comment catch up at the moment !

Captive - I think this works really well, great DOF and strong lines - like it

Miniature - fun image, and the crop of the larger bear really gives a sense of scale and hammers home the theme !

Happy - yes, that works :D

Abandoned - looks like something serious happened to that far left tank ! wow - also like the HDR of no1 as well - almost post-apocalyptic !

Camo - (no pun intended) but I can't see the image on here ? (or am I misusing the point :p)

Dangerous - not immediately obvious (although me in any sweet shop is dangerous) - so thanks for the narrative and think the PP really suits the image

Chris - I'm putting weight on just looking at the picture, very dangrous place indeed ;)

I really like the processing and composition :clap:

Danger - good choice for theme the danger is certainly very real

Dangerous.....I'd certainly say so!
A little dark for me, but that's just personal taste.

Very behind now. For a change I thought I would see what my mobile phone could do! Here's "topical" with a bit of help from the mobile Snapseed app which I do quite like although some of the effects are easy to overdo I feel.

Hope to catchup a bit more over the weekend as I do have some shots just sat in my camera still

Week 8 - Topical by Sibling Chris, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well themed Chris. Like the tiered composition and sharpness - perfect in b&w of course. :clap:

It was a Samsung Galaxy S4..... By all accounts the latest S6 and S7 to come are even better.
It was one of the those moments where it was the only option really, stood in the supermarket at the paper section standing with a phone in your hand doesn't appear odd nowadays but if I used my DLSR it may have raised some eyebrows :)

I like this quite a lot. Love the processing that you have achieved. You are actually drawn to the middle paper and it is the cheapest . great choice and composition.

Nicely done Chris, looks good (y)

Certainly fits the Topical theme Chris. Good BW too.

So I was unsure whether to post this one later for "personal" or not. I had other shots in the camera for "living world", but unfortunately they were a little hurried and it as it turned out, out of focus, so decided to go with this one instead
This therefore is my interpretation, since without this I wouldn't be in the living world!

Week 9 - The Living World
by Sibling Chris, on Flickr

Given the theme Chris, Artificial woeks well.
Yes, it is OTT HDR, but actually it's not bad on the eye. Except for the detail it could almost be a water colour, it has that kind of vivid look to it imo.
(y)

Hi Chris. All three work for their respective themes. Living World is well taken - I like the DoF and colours but the tube is a little distracting. Spiky is excellent - sharp barb against that light green bg works very well. My fave though is Artificial - vivid colour, beautiful scene. Excellent. :clap:

Living World.....very nice. Great lead in with the coloured lines.

Spiky...Good diagonals and DOF.

Artificial....I first looked at this and thought blimey....bit overcooked, that.
Then I cottoned on :LOL:
Great bit of lateral thinking!

Hi Chris ...love your choice for Living world very appropriate and really nicely done, Spiky ...you don't get much more Spiky than that, I love close ups so I'm very happy with that one. Artificial ...it looks good ...really ott but it reminds me of some wacky artwork we see down here with very exaggerated colour.

Good stuff Chris

I like the barbs but I'd crop it right down to show just the in-focus one and a couple more.

The holiday shot with the OTT PP is fun .... would make a good picture postcard ... maybe.

Hello Chris,

Topical - is a good image and fits the theme. B&W processing suits too.
The Living World - good image and obviously on theme, the tube is a tad distracting but the colours are great.
Spiky, - definitely would not want to catch one on the wire fence. Sharp and nice Ines
Artificial - yep a bit OTT but I can see why if its an oldie.

Hi Chris, good image for living world and definitely on theme. Spiky is also well captured and on target for that week.

Can't say I'm a massive fan of artificial - yes, it is, but therein lies the frustration for me (a nice image until Photomatix "spoils" it :) )... still a good capture and I can understand why you processed it that way for the theme. I would almost certainly prefer the raw version though!

Living World - Really like the DOF with the coloured lines pulling you eye towards to the subject defiantly fits the theme

Spiky - Love the composition with the diagonal lines and the DOF works for me

Artificial - I like it it looks artificial so fits the theme perfectly some great reflections and colours would love to we the original non HDR image too

Topical - fits the theme but not to keen on the composition of the image, I feel it could of been better framed.

Living world - a simple shot and works with the theme, I agree with out it you wouldn't be here.

Spiky - a clean image and certainly fits the them, barbed wire is very spiky indeed.

Artificial - Even although it is an old image, I think it works very well. I find my eye is drawn to the brighter colours of the image.

Hi Chris, thanks for dropping into my thread a couple of weeks ago and I'm sorry it's taken so long to return the visit. I've looked back through your thread and picked out a few favourites:

Metal - I like both of these a lot for the patterns and light, but my favourite is the second one as the B&W/infrared processing seems to bring out the metal tones.
Miniature - a great idea, lovely colours and a fun bright image of two self-explanatory subjects.
Happy - another great idea with that big smiley face and more super bright colours. Perfect focus on the smile, and it screams 'happy' as soon as you see it.
Dangerous - I like your thinking, and the processing really suits the old fashioned look of the sweet shop and street.
Spiky - perfect subject for this theme, the wire contrasts well with the green field, and your use of DOF really plants your eye on that sharp barb.
Artificial - a pretty scene perfectly overcooked for this theme. Good idea (y)

I'll be looking out for your future images :)

Back