weekly Sparrow's 52, 2016 -Week 38 and 39 metal reshoot and big added

Liz Hi, Personal. Great take on the theme love the lighting and composition

Hi Liz, nice one for personal. I do think the shadows could be lifted slightly - either by adding a touch of front fill (reflector) or in post processing. But otherwise it works really well and the lighting is effective. Good job!

Liking detail and colours in 'Personal'. Would have liked a little more light on front of jar.

Living world - looks a little bit boggy there, but nice to see a spot of colour.

Spiky - I feel the image is a bit busy for me, I think I would of much preferred a closer POV on the barbed wire.

Artificial - nice image for the theme, well done.

Personal - good composition, love the background, keep up the good work.

Artificial - nicely shot with a shine on the pearls but no glare.
Personal - I like the splash of colour the lid gives.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments they are very much appreciated. I am sorry I have not replied to all sooner but it has been a funny old week and I am now late but determined to catch up.:)

This is just a quick shot with my phone of the new addition to the family. We have called her Emily and we thought it would be quite an 'effort' to introduce her to Jack but he has been a star and after the initial 'what on earth have you brought that in for' they have settled down well and looking like they will be the best of friends.:)

Effort by BlueLizzy, on Flickr

Lovely photo Liz - they look quite contented together (we've got that very same tartan dog !!). Very nicely composed - a picture of domestic comfort.

Loving your new model Liz.
Effort - There is a look in her eyes that says "one step closer and you're toast buddy", good capture.
Tech - Lovely sharp focus on her eyes. I love the compositing with her cradling the 'virtual cat'

Gorgeous shot of your new girl - it might have been nice to be a bit loer at her level, but that would have caused problems with seeing the virtual cat pictures. well done on the photoshopping - I wouldn't have noticed at all!

Two great images Liz,

I love effort you can see the cat thinking if the dog looks away for a second I'm having that

And Technology I really like it is the cat picking waht they want for their birthday?:)

Effort - Lovely picture you can see there is eye contact between them.
Technology - great eye contact fun bit of processing.

Two great images Liz, it did take me awhile to figure out "Technology" though.
Clever idea :)

Lovely photo Liz - they look quite contented together (we've got that very same tartan dog !!). Very nicely composed - a picture of domestic comfort.
Thanks Carl, my tartan dog was a gift from my daughter :)

Loving your new model Liz.
Effort - There is a look in her eyes that says "one step closer and you're toast buddy", good capture.
Tech - Lovely sharp focus on her eyes. I love the compositing with her cradling the 'virtual cat'
Thanks Tim, they are getting on surprisingly well, I am glad to say :)

Gorgeous shot of your new girl - it might have been nice to be a bit loer at her level, but that would have caused problems with seeing the virtual cat pictures. well done on the photoshopping - I wouldn't have noticed at all!
Thanks Emma

Two great images Liz,
I love effort you can see the cat thinking if the dog looks away for a second I'm having that
And Technology I really like it is the cat picking waht they want for their birthday?:)
Thanks Mark

Effort - Lovely picture you can see there is eye contact between them.
Technology - great eye contact fun bit of processing.
Thanks Minx

:) Really nice fun shot Liz ....the photoshoppery works really well.
Thanks Susie,

Aweee what a lovely looking kitty :D
Blends in nicely with the blankey, and a nice novel idea for the PP :)
Thanks DK.

Some good quality shoehorning there Liz to get images of your new addition into this :)
Well worth it though and a couple of charming pictures.
Thanks Paul

Cute pussy! Good fun idea. :)
Thanks David.

Two great images Liz, it did take me awhile to figure out "Technology" though.
Clever idea :)
Thanks Cobra

Two lovely images of your new addition, Liz. The connection and curiosity between the two pets in Effort is lovely, especially the respective angles of their heads as they weigh each other up, and the eye contact in Technology is great. Some clever Photoshopping, too :)
Thanks Andrea, We have always been doggy people till now, but Emily is turning out to be a little star:)

Oh gosh - all colours and textures; quite beautiful ..... in a strange way. Well done for spotting it. :clap:

OOo LOVE the colours in your Horizontal Liz, the whole thing is full of textures and nice detail - like it :)

Amazing colours and textures love it some great details too

Hi Liz, some nice colours and textures in that bridge. It would make a great background - shame it's not a wall or something where you could pose people in front of it! Nice spot (y)

Thanks guys for kind comments, much appreciated.:)

Back