weekly Stevesc's 52 in 2016. Week 35 "Black and White" added

That is a clever picture. I like it a lot..

(Didnt realise composites were allowed... )

Hi, nothing to add to the above really it's just a really well thought out and executed picture :clap:

Miniature, as above well well set up and taken Steve, nothing to add (y)

Last edited:
Metal - I like the poem good choice
Captive - great concept as Lee says I could see that on greetings card I really like it.

Miniature - that is soooo adorable I love it

Thanks for taking the time to look over the photos so far and for your kind comments.

Beautiful! The selective colour works really well. Really lovely photograph:clap:
Just to agree with everyone else, that is a superbly executed image for miniature.

Thanks (y)

That is a clever picture. I like it a lot..

(Didnt realise composites were allowed... )
Thanks. This is my first 52 on here but my understanding is you set your own rules for your 52. I wasn't planning to do composites when I started the project but this seemed to fit well for the theme so thought I would give it a go.

Hi, nothing to add to the above really it's just a really well thought out and executed picture :clap:
Super submission Steve, I love the composition, really nicely executed, as Andy said the bar is set very high this week ...very well done :clap:
Miniature, as above well well set up and taken Steve, nothing to add (y)
Great shot for the Miniature theme, :clap:

Need to work a harder on my PP skills.....
First rate. And cute with it. :clap:
Now that is lovely - could be an illustration in a children's book. Wonderful use of pp.
That is fantastic Steve, really well set up and super PP work, I have no idea how you do this type of thing, but I can see nowt wrong with it at all - love it (y)

Thanks for all your lovely comments, it means alot to me.

Just wanted to add a big thanks for all the positive comments I've had. I Really appreciate it, especially from a group who produce such amazing work yourselves.

I am slightly worried that I may have peaked a bit early in this 52 :eek:

For those saying they need to improve the PP work, I would say that is one of my weakest areas but have to say the PP work was actually fairly simple in this. For those interested, I found this tutorial online, which helped me understand the process:

The photoshoot link
The editing link

I have also followed a couple of people on flickr who are amazing at this kind of work, which some might be interested in:
Fiddleoak
Joel Robison

Their work makes mine look seriously amateur (which it is) but to the standard I would love to get to at some stage.

Thanks again for your support, I've already pushed myself more this year than I normally would which is the whole point of doing this 52 for me and seeing everyone else's ideas and photos has been a pleasure and very helpful as well.

Nothing new to add here, lol, since everyone's already said it. But I guess I still must say I love your miniature image. So creative and well executed. Can't fault it, really! And thanks for the links! One day I will attempt to get my skills up to that kind of standard! :p

Great image love how you have left the matchsticks out and the positioning of them.(y)

Steve, your miniature is spot on! And very endearing. I'm leaning towards a composite too. Well done :)
Cheers, look forward to seeing what you put together.

Excellent work! Like the imagination and the execution - it must have taken ages to build that great big bed!? :thinking: Thanks for the PP tutorial links !
haha...would have taken me forever to build something, my DIY skills are not very impressive.

Nothing new to add here, lol, since everyone's already said it. But I guess I still must say I love your miniature image. So creative and well executed. Can't fault it, really! And thanks for the links! One day I will attempt to get my skills up to that kind of standard! :p
Thanks, just have fun playing with PP and you'll get there. I still have a very long way to go but enjoy messing around with it when I have time.

Great image love how you have left the matchsticks out and the positioning of them.(y)
Thanks, thought they added something so left them in. Pleased it worked :)

This is superb - a fantastic idea and very well executed. As a first effort at a composite, I would definitely award you an A*. A fabulous, creative and original interpretation of theme.

Spooks

Old: Lovely shot while it doesn't scream old without the back story I love it

Metal: Lovely DOF and thanks for posting the rest of the verse

Captive: Brilliant lovely idea

Miniature: Another brilliant take on the theme

Now that is a wonderfully, sweet photograph.

The purple BG and purple match heads work really well, as does your daughter's position.

You've set the bar on this weeks submission (y)

Cheers.
This. You've obviously spent a lot of time on this one and I can't fault it. An excellent shot far beyond my photoshop skills at present!

Really really fantastic image. Great idea, and so well executed. I wouldn't know where to start, but will do some research.

I think what is so good about the image is it is clever, appealing as well as being bang-on the them - well done!

This is superb - a fantastic idea and very well executed. As a first effort at a composite, I would definitely award you an A*. A fabulous, creative and original interpretation of theme.

Spooks

That is a cracking image for Miniature. I saw it and thought 'why am I bothering this week'. :clap::clap::clap:

Fab interpretation.

Glad you did, really enjoyed your one for this week. (y)

Old: Lovely shot while it doesn't scream old without the back story I love it

Metal: Lovely DOF and thanks for posting the rest of the verse

Captive: Brilliant lovely idea

Miniature: Another brilliant take on the theme
This. You've obviously spent a lot of time on this one and I can't fault it. An excellent shot far beyond my photoshop skills at present!
I think what is so good about the image is it is clever, appealing as well as being bang-on the them - well done!
:clap: That's brilliant idea and very well done on the pp too.
There really nothing more to be said - I love it :clap:

Thanks you all for taking the time to comment :ty:.

Really really fantastic image. Great idea, and so well executed. I wouldn't know where to start, but will do some research.

Thanks, It's reasonably basic if you have some experience of Photoshop or similar (I mainly used GIMP). I posted the links to two of the tutorials I looked at further up the thread (here) but there are plenty of othes around.

Really like everything about this image, just perfectly done.

Hi Steve, you have got off to a great start with your 52. "Old" is a beautiful image but needed the description of why it is old. "Metal" - love the DOF and the angle it is taken at, and the poem. "Captive" - the selective colouring works very well and I just love "Miniature". What a great idea and very well executed.

Keep up the good work (y)

Hi Steve, you have got off to a great start with your 52. "Old" is a beautiful image but needed the description of why it is old. "Metal" - love the DOF and the angle it is taken at, and the poem. "Captive" - the selective colouring works very well and I just love "Miniature". What a great idea and very well executed.

Keep up the good work (y)

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to go through all the images. I've enjoyed the start to the 52, hoping I can keep up through the year.

Can't add anything that hasn't been said - great idea fantastically (and very cleverly) executed - well done :)

Cheers :)

Hi, agree with the above comments about the whole family getting involved a great idea

Brilliant idea Steve (is Mrs.Sc the only one with hair ha ha?). Good family fun, the very core of Happy. :clap:

Back