weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Hi Susie, I think I preferred the first silhouette/shadow you did
Words is slightly scary a huge babies face coming out of the sky looks a little funereal :thinking:
Nice catch up like the butterfly for animal and the web for broken

Support works well in a abstract kind of way, nice use of DoF

Hi Allan ...yes I agree on Proverb ...I almost didn't use it, it was paler but I lifted the blue a bit to try to give it a bit of a lift, I just felt the eyes were quite striking on the shot and it fitted the proverb. I enjoyed getting the Support shot....I love roaming around the garden with my macro lens :)

Hi susie ... good catch up

Broken ... spiders web with water droplet, irresistible always. And this is a cracker.
Spiral ... some detail is lost as mentioned above, but I like that effect.
Medical ... a stunner, in the sunlight like that. Lovely DOF too.
Tear ... #1 for me.
Support ... wooo, nice idea, beautifully shot.

all & all not bad ...;)

Hi d00d .....glad you like them :) I'm always happy when I'm out in the garden with my camera ...although the Tear pic was was taken at Trebah Gardens at Falmouth.....wonderful place.

jeep-shooting.gif

Hi, Susie, I'm way behind this week and time is very short :(

I've had to hijack @Dark Knight comments and tweak for myself

Silhouette - Great blacks and I Iike the transition of colour in the background, pity the light is slightly uneven, but it's a rather spooky photograph

Proverb - Nicely put together and a nice choice of words too, like it, only crit I have is I'd like the black text to be blacker :)

Animal - Lovely dog, but quite busy and slightly OOF.

Words - Again a nicely put together image, very effective with the keyboard background, liking the colour too, that's one hell of a writing feat :clap:

Butterfly - Now that is more like it, super right slightly different green, but nice detail and well composed.

Broken - A lovely image, nice detail, I think I'd prefer a darker BG, if possible.

Spiral - Liking this one too, great blacks again, yeah, I agree, a nice simple yet effective photograph

Medical - lovely flower, pity about the shadows, again, I'd prefer a cleaner BG, personal preference.

Tear - #2 for me, well spotted and a nice idea.

Cheers

Hi Susie,

Silhouette: I love the shot but agree with others that it's the shadow.
Entertain: You have a very steady hand. Only slight movement in what look like a long ish exposure. Lovely natural photo.
Silhouette 2: Now this one is spot on. Really like the blue colours.
Proverb: What a fantastic shot. Perfect mix of cloudscape and portrait.
Animal: The small ones always have plenty of "Character". Perfect for a till guard dog.
Words: I like the concept behind this shot but for some reason it doesn't really work for me. Sorry.
Animal: Now that is beautiful. Great DoF and vivid colour. Spot on :)
Broken: Great shot. Did you mist the web or was that how it was?
Spiral: Love the low key simplicity of this.
Medical: I like the light on the flower and the BG.
Tear: I think the first one works better for me. The bit of FG detail really does the photo justice.
Support: Very nice detail and perfect use of DoF.

I do think it works and works very well for the theme with the quote. It looks as though the darkness are being prised open by the light. I like the matching colour text too. Good idea for the theme and very well done. :clap:

Oh, btw your link doesn't work in the 'No Comment' thread.

Last edited:
I do think it works and works very well for the theme with the quote. It looks as though the darkness are being prised open by the light. I like the matching colour text too. Good idea for the theme and very well done. :clap:

Oh, btw your link doesn't work in the 'No Comment' thread.

Thank you Stan ..... I'm glad you like it, I did visit a local church and took lots of pics but none of them grabbed me for the theme.

Hi Susie
On a mega catch up again for a change!

Pale.... Like this one, nice composition. Lovely and pale shouts the topic well. Really nice subtle colour too.

Bizarre .... Excellent two Spitfires! No1 covered by his wingman. Obviously shooting up the Honeysuckle! Like the shot love the Aircraft.

Silhouette .... Nice sharp clear Silhouette / shadow hey but who's bothered ;) I like the contrast between the black and the colour works very well.
So your second silhouette yes this is very nice too, I like the gradient of the background lighting very nice and great colour again too!

Entertain .... Looks like a cracking lad, I have one too, and there special aren't they! His facial expression is a picture, really nice shot. You just need to sort his hair:).

Proverb.... That's really effective! Cant fault that no crit from me(y) Really nice work!

Animal .... A guard dog? Elvis? Thank you very much:rolleyes:. Nice clear shot, my my phones are getting good aren't they.
Animal 2 the sequel.... I just dunno how people photograph butterfly's if I get anywhere near with a camera there gone. I like no2 the best great colours and DOF.

Words..... Now there is an interesting shot, like layers don't you:D Really like the effect and it's really well thought out, a great idea. Blimey that's a talent then story writing, almost looks like another proverb, eh!

Broken ... That works well, very nice DOF and lovely background colours pushing through.

Spiral ..... Like this it sits very well against the black background and love the little highlights running round the wire.

Medical .... Echinacea just right if you have a cold! Nice natural sunlight hitting the petals and sharp DOF again.

Tear .... First one for me as it picks out the tear more precisely also has nice clean detail.

Support ...... I nearly shot this for spiral:), fits the theme well looks quite abstract, like all the different shades of green(y)

Nice catch up Susie(y)

Hi Susie, works for me too you have caught the light just at the right time not keen on the red line border though, but thats just personal taste

@Cobra :help: I've tried to fix my link to the main thread but it wont work ...please can you help.
What you done Suze ? :D
It should now link both ways any problems then tag me again (y)

Hi Susie
On a mega catch up again for a change!

Pale.... Like this one, nice composition. Lovely and pale shouts the topic well. Really nice subtle colour too.

Bizarre .... Excellent two Spitfires! No1 covered by his wingman. Obviously shooting up the Honeysuckle! Like the shot love the Aircraft.

Silhouette .... Nice sharp clear Silhouette / shadow hey but who's bothered ;) I like the contrast between the black and the colour works very well.
So your second silhouette yes this is very nice too, I like the gradient of the background lighting very nice and great colour again too!

Entertain .... Looks like a cracking lad, I have one too, and there special aren't they! His facial expression is a picture, really nice shot. You just need to sort his hair:).

Proverb.... That's really effective! Cant fault that no crit from me(y) Really nice work!

Animal .... A guard dog? Elvis? Thank you very much:rolleyes:. Nice clear shot, my my phones are getting good aren't they.
Animal 2 the sequel.... I just dunno how people photograph butterfly's if I get anywhere near with a camera there gone. I like no2 the best great colours and DOF.

Words..... Now there is an interesting shot, like layers don't you:D Really like the effect and it's really well thought out, a great idea. Blimey that's a talent then story writing, almost looks like another proverb, eh!

Broken ... That works well, very nice DOF and lovely background colours pushing through.

Spiral ..... Like this it sits very well against the black background and love the little highlights running round the wire.

Medical .... Echinacea just right if you have a cold! Nice natural sunlight hitting the petals and sharp DOF again.

Tear .... First one for me as it picks out the tear more precisely also has nice clean detail.

Support ...... I nearly shot this for spiral:), fits the theme well looks quite abstract, like all the different shades of green(y)

Nice catch up Susie(y)

Wow Steve thank yoooo for such a comprehensive catch up, I very much appreciate the time you've taken to do that so a big thank you.
:ty:
Just got back into layers and really enjoying it so will probably bore everyone to death with them now :D

Hi Susie, works for me too you have caught the light just at the right time not keen on the red line border though, but thats just personal taste

Thanks Alan, I fussed and fiddled with that sunset to get the effect I wanted. I just felt it looked a bit lacking hence the border. I am a bit prone to them :) Much appreciate you looking in.

Hi Susie. Very original take on the theme and a very dramatic image it is too. Excellent. :clap:

I think I can see an old man with white beard in there. Nice.

Hi Susie. Religion: Beautiful! lovely colours and composition. I'd almost say foreboding given the colours, you could have something like Genesis 19:24 - Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven.

Hi Susie - I think that works well too, good choice of words to help link the image, a lovely dark photo, really like how you have done it (y)

Thanks DK glad you like it :)

I think I can see an old man with white beard in there. Nice.

A bit of a miracle there then d00d :D

Hi Susie. Religion: Beautiful! lovely colours and composition. I'd almost say foreboding given the colours, you could have something like Genesis 19:24 - Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven.

Thanks Ian ...I do enjoy fiddling around and coming up with an image to suit the topic. Foreboding....if I was doing that I think I''d maybe take out the bright streak of the bottom cloud and leave it very dark. Much appreciate your looking in :)

Cracking interpretation for Religion Susie. It almost looks like the beginning of time :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Jill ....I achieved what I wanted then :)

Hi Susie - I think geometric is amazing. The colours and shapes all mingle together and the focus draws me to the point (y)

Perfect for the theme Susie, This is what i first thought of but don't have anything like it around. Really nice patterns and great colours!

You make this look so easy Susie. :)

Another lovely one, full of colours and interest from the blurred 'curves' and the sharp straight lines.

Tight square crop works, a bit of space to the right and top would have also worked by bringing in a bit more of the beautifully coloured BG. :clap:

OOooo I love the colours in this one Susie, and it screams geometric too, nicely found and executed (y)

Hi Susie - I think geometric is amazing. The colours and shapes all mingle together and the focus draws me to the point (y)

Perfect for the theme Susie, This is what i first thought of but don't have anything like it around. Really nice patterns and great colours!

Thank you very much :) I'm glad you all like it.

You make this look so easy Susie. :)

Another lovely one, full of colours and interest from the blurred 'curves' and the sharp straight lines.

Tight square crop works, a bit of space to the right and top would have also worked by bringing in a bit more of the beautifully coloured BG. :clap:

Thanks for looking in in Graham ....much appreciated :)
I did do another one using some CD's as the base, they send up some very nice colours too, I wasn't sure which one to choose. The crop was a bit limited as my macro didn't leave me much of a margin.

Geometric 2 TP 15 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Susie. I've got something similar - heart shaped and been playing around with that photographically. Not half as successful as you though. Not terribly taken with the original but do like the more subtle version with the CD but the last set of four are absolutely beautiful. :clap:

Hi Susie, really like the first one, great colours really well captured, very nice (y)

Back