weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Hi Susie - Limit - it was a stinker of a theme wasn't it? I think you've got a nice unusual interpretation though, well done for coming up with it (y) I tend to agree with Andy about the wb - the greens look a little too yellow on my monitor (which isn't calibrated, so apologies if I'm seeing them wrong). :)

Hi,
A bit of a (huge) catch up from me...

Bliss: Lovely soft image that fits the theme perfectly.
Fragile: Nature - it certainly is fragile so that's spot on for me.
Scenic: Very nice. Good to catch a few people on the beach too.
Companions: Looks like there is 60 years of love there :) I like the lighting and the framing.
Elegance: Very nice and sharp but maybe a touch dark. Really like that it is just the flower on it's own.
Watery: Very nice. Like the patterns in the cube. Great BG too. That is one cracking photo (y)
Bold: Nice and bang on theme. As other have said, it has bold colours but looks a touch muted.
Relax: Like the clouds. I find them very relaxing - even including the anvil of a storm cloud forming in the distance.
Vertical: I do like a mono shot and this is no exception. The high contrast kinda works to emphasise the vertical elements for me.
Mouth: Spot on here. Subtle us of DoF has the mouth whiskers in focus and the nose just out. Wonderful shot.
Crowd: Nice take on the theme. I can't help thinking that I would like to have seen more Daffs in the shot though.
Close up: Spot on the theme. I like the inclusion of feet. Too close to the edge for me though. Looks like a lovely place.
Machine: I can't decide between these two. Both very nice low key shots. Well done.
Reshoot: I like this one too. I like the potential story in the short description you gave.
Alphabet: Nice composition of all the images.
Sound: I like the flowing water. I would like to see it as a longer exposure but that may detract from the 'Sound' element.
Experiment: Absolutely love the first one. Not so keen on the second - sorry.
Heat: A great take on the theme. I like the Sun image in the background - it finishes the image off nicely (y)
Figures: Can't make my mind up on this one... I didn't like it, then I do.. Then I'm not so sure :coat:
Household: Not so sure about the blue but really like the reflection in the knife :)
Limit: I don't think it's a shoehorn at all. Nice colours but I think some camera shake has crept in there.

I promise not to leave it so long next time ;)

Limit - Ooh, that's a bit different from the beautiful flowers you've posted previously, but no less striking for it! Love the colours and dof, but I'm a bit distracted by the blank bottom left corner. Presumably the plant container that couldn't be avoided?

Thanks Andy, Lorraine and Elaine and especially lee @Leebert for taking so much time to comment, very much appreciated.

Unfortunately I got food poisoning on holiday in Spain which made me very ill, I'm so far behind now I don't think I can catch up so I'm opting out. I love the challenge but I feel I'm too far behind now. Good luck to everyone and thank you so much to everyone who has commented and encouraged me ....good luck everyone :)

Susie, Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Will miss your photos if you don't continue. I've just had a massive catchup well almost. Take Care

Thanks Andy, Lorraine and Elaine and especially lee @Leebert for taking so much time to comment, very much appreciated.

Unfortunately I got food poisoning on holiday in Spain which made me very ill, I'm so far behind now I don't think I can catch up so I'm opting out. I love the challenge but I feel I'm too far behind now. Good luck to everyone and thank you so much to everyone who has commented and encouraged me ....good luck everyone :)

..... wishing you well susie dear.
open_arms.gif

Hi Susie
First and foremost I hope your feeling better now:(
Its really lousy My sister in law also fell foul to the same fate.... So wishing you well...
Thank you for taking the time out to comment on my thread and hope to catch you around TP

Take Care
Steve

I dropped a right clanger today ...I was 'tidying up' my ipad to free up a bit of space, I was hopping between Flickr and my camera roll and unfortunately I deleted a huge amount of my Flickr photos....boo hoo how annoying is that :runaway: so now my thread looks even worse :( I will pick up the photos off my main computer and get them back in Flickr over the next few weeks but alas they are gone from here.

I dropped a right clanger today ...I was 'tidying up' my ipad to free up a bit of space, I was hopping between Flickr and my camera roll and unfortunately I deleted a huge amount of my Flickr photos....boo hoo how annoying is that :runaway: so now my thread looks even worse :( I will pick up the photos off my main computer and get them back in Flickr over the next few weeks but alas they are gone from here.
BUGGER! :(
You didn't up load them to the TP Flickr group as well by any chance did you?
And are they still there if you did?

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2726189@N25/members/

BUGGER! :(
You didn't up load them to the TP Flickr group as well by any chance did you?
And are they still there if you did?

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2726189@N25/members/

Noooo I'm really annoyed, its that stupid Photo Stream thing they've put on the ipad, I'm sure I'm not the first one to do it. I'll put all my 52's back into Flickr ...at least I'll have a record of my hard work on there !!

Noooo I'm really annoyed,...... I'll put all my 52's back into Flickr ...at least I'll have a record of my hard work on there !!
Bugger again! :(

You should actually be able to edit your images back into the thread / posts, once they are on flickr.
The "edit time" function is a lot longer on the 52's than normal threads to allow for title edits.
Shout if you have problems doing it and I'll sort it for you :)

Bugger again! :(

You should actually be able to edit your images back into the thread / posts, once they are on flickr.
The "edit time" function is a lot longer on the 52's than normal threads to allow for title edits.
Shout if you have problems doing it and I'll sort it for you :)

I really appreciated your offer @Cobra but I had a try and I was really pleased I did one :) post #292 for starters....I'll slowly work my way through as I catch up,

Starting the challenge again this week so time to start thinking :thinking:

I really appreciated your offer @Cobra but I had a try and I was really pleased I did one :) post #292 for starters....I'll slowly work my way through as I catch up,
Excellent (y)
And no problem :)

Right, time to get on with the challenge, I cut some roses this morning and they seemed like the ideal subject for pale.

One new + One catch up.

Pale

19828980905_ce6064e584_c.jpg

Bizarre

I was at my brothers house last week and spotted these old planes that belonged to our Dad flying up in his honeysuckle o_O...it seemed very appropriate for bizarre.

Bizarre TP 15 by Sue B, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Suzie, Pale is superb! a great idea for the theme and very well executed. I love the depth of the image and the yellow light coming through, Bravo!

Cheers,

B. :cow:

Hi Susie, good to see you back :wave:

excellent pale shot, can't fault that at all :clap:
Bizarre indeed a bizarre place to keep your toy aeroplanes

there has been some awful themes in the last few weeks but I am sure you will catch up soon (y)

Hi Susie, good to see you back :wave:

excellent pale shot, can't fault that at all :clap:
Bizarre indeed a bizarre place to keep your toy aeroplanes

there has been some awful themes in the last few weeks but I am sure you will catch up soon (y)

Thanks Allan ...I'm really pleased I didn't give up :) I'm taking the catching up steady ....I haven't looked at all the back themes yet so I'm expecting some nasties

Hi susie

Pale ... clearly defined in the centre with edges melting away ... very nice. :clap:

Bizarre ... Ha .. fits the theme. :thinking:

Hi Susie. Pale is a beautiful image - lovely colour with just the right amount of sharpness where it needs to be. Bizarre certainly fits the theme !?!?

Last edited:
Hi Susie... good to see you back, and with such a lovely image first off too, that rose is a real good photo, looking soft and delicate as well as pale, liking where you have placed it in the frame too (y)

Bizarre - Now that sure is, what on EARTH are they doing in there, well spotted :)

Hi susie

Pale ... clearly defined in the centre with edges melting away ... very nice. :clap:

Bizarre ... Ha .. fits the theme. :thinking:

Hi Susie. Pale is a beautiful image - lovely colour with just the right amount of sharpness where it needs to be. Bizarre certainly fits the theme !?!?

Hi Susie... good to see you back, and with such a lovely image first off too, that rose is a real good photo, looking soft and delicate as well as pale, liking where you have placed it in the frame too (y)

Bizarre - Now that sure is, what on EARTH are they doing in there, well spotted :)

Thanks all ....it's really good to be getting my camera out again,

Bizarre ....one of my brothers wild and whacky ideas DK :)

Nice set of photos, I'm not very experienced in commenting too much on others work, but they look good, felt the rose was washed out a bit at the edges. But is this a effect to go for ? I'm still new and learning myself

Nice set of photos, I'm not very experienced in commenting too much on others work, but they look good, felt the rose was washed out a bit at the edges. But is this a effect to go for ? I'm still new and learning myself

Pale, really like how the rose fills the frame. Some slightly blown highlights on the top 1/3rd but it's well composed.

Cheers.

Thanks for looking in both :) Samuel I did take a lot of the colour out for it to fit the theme, but as Andy says you do have to try not to overdo it or it ends up not right. Do keep on commenting, I don't know much myself but it's amazing what you can learn by watching everyone else.

Hi Susie,

Pale: Now that is a super photo. So pale but with so much detail. I think the blown bits work as it draws the eye into the centre. Well done (y)
Bizarre: Yes, that is a bit bizarre. Nice and sharp too.

Incredible picture for silhouette but I love your grandsons face more [emoji173]️ forgives shots :)

Hi susie, two good shots there, silhouette you can't argue with that perfect for the theme,
the pic of your grandson is great, nice expression on his face, would maybe have gone B+W and the top of his head seams a little strange doesn't distract too much though

Must add that I miss Graham @overbez .and Alan @superpippo too.

Aww thanks Susie. Sorry for quoting across threads but thought more suitable to reply here.

Lovely to see you back, it does get hard to stay away doesn't it. :)

Putting my awkward hat on.... Isn't a silhouette different to a shadow? Similar but different. Not that it matters to much though. Great shot in challenging conditions I should imagine.

Plenty of love for the one of your grandson too, completely mesmerised by the sight before him and you've done well to isolate him from the others.

I'm still cracking on with the POTY, one a month is suiting me nicely. :)

Hi Susie :)

I was just going to say what Graham has, the circus act is a lovely image, but it is a shadow not a silhouette, still a good moment to capture it and just at the right angle too :)

Entertain - now I LOVE this photo, your grandson looks engrossed, the shallow depth of field is working it's magic here, really liking the lighting too, a keeper to look back on that one (y)

Back