TP 52'ers Class of 2016 sign up here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Saturdays in 2013.
I've been speaking to Sarah, and you are correct, it was also Monday at one point too.
But it seemed to settle on a Friday as that was the most popular day, allowing people to plan for a shoot over the weekend.
Early or mid week and I would suggest that people ( apart from the die hard's) would have forgotten about it, found something else to do with their week-ends.
Friday its fresh in their minds.

I seem to remember it was Saturday for the first few months of 2014 before becoming Fri, and some talk of Mon but just talk.

I've been speaking to Sarah, and you are correct, it was also Monday at one point too.
But it seemed to settle on a Friday as that was the most popular day, allowing people to plan for a shoot over the weekend.
Early or mid week and I would suggest that people ( apart from the die hard's) would have forgotten about it, found something else to do with their week-ends.

Don’t want to harp on about this but my reason for suggesting Thursday was that it gave a day’s thinking/planning time before the weekend. TBH I’m not very likely to look on here on a Friday evening and Saturdays can be quite hectic so at this time of year I’m running out of daylight!

That said I used to be a member of a group that met on Thursdays but a few people were finding it difficult to make Thursdays so the guy running it held a vote to pick another evening, we all got a first and second choice. The result was that no one picked Thursday as first choice but nearly everyone picked it as second, so there being no clear winner for the other days we ended up meeting on Thursdays!

Stick to Fridays and I’ll see how it goes, what I might do is run a week behind

FWIW I agree that Thusrday would give an extra day to plan a shoot. But I don't suppose it matters because you get a week whatever day it is announced.

Last edited:
But I don't suppose it matters because you get a week whatever day it is announced.
Absolutely, and as I've said that is the easiest day for me. However,

Stick to Fridays and I’ll see how it goes, what I might do is run a week behind
I'm happy to run a separate thread with a poll if that's what people want?

Edit, and if there are any other "issues" now is the time to air them (y)

Last edited:
"Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before"
Yeah I got it even though you screwed up the quoting totally
:D

And that's still no excuse :p

Last edited:
Haha forgot that you could see behind the scenes
Well that and the fact that it was actually on public view for a couple of minutes :D

This is Spooky signing up. Have spent too long in photography exile and looking to come out of the shadows of a deep depression. Bring on 2016; it has to be better than 2015.

This is Spooky signing up. Have spent too long in photography exile and looking to come out of the shadows of a deep depression. Bring on 2016; it has to be better than 2015.
Ooo the POTY is like exile - Welcome Simon to the land of relentless torment :runaway:

Beginner question, when this starts next year I make a thread where I post my photos correct? :)

Beginner question, when this starts next year I make a thread where I post my photos correct? :)
Absolutely correct and also post in the "Post your images here, but no comments thread" and link back to your thread.
All the answers are on the first post of this thread (y)

... an expert POTY :exit:
They'll all defect soon, when they realise that there is fun to be had in here and none of the bitching that occurs over there :D

Tempted.

2009 and 2011 were my last completed attempts.

The format for the 2016 TPOTY competition means there won't be so much shooting to themes next year....which does get my out and about and taking photos, now how many jokers can you use :p

Yes, okay... is it Jef with one F or Two :D
Don't you F'in start. :D
I think thats just one F then Dean @Dark Knight :D

Tempted.

2009 and 2011 were my last completed attempts.

The format for the 2016 TPOTY competition means there won't be so much shooting to themes next year....which does get my out and about and taking photos, now how many jokers can you use :p

I'll put you down then shall I Jeff?
As for jokers as many as you like but you may get the p*** taken out of you a little,
just like me and my shoe horns this year :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back