weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

Love the PP on the tree, it looks like an infra red photo or a negative.

We've got a lot of these whirly birds around at the moment and when they are lying on the ground look just like a locust. And it will evole, given the right conditions (of which there is zero chance here) into a beautiful tree :D

I like the harsh light creating the very strong shadow, excellent skeleton and the BG of rock is perfect very good indeed
Thank you Allan on both counts :)

I like you photo for evolved very much! Theme-wise it's probably a shoehorn, but I like the colours and the harsh light and hard shadows.
Thank you Bernd :) - But shoehorn, really :whistle: :D

Evolved, like it as the strong light has really helped with the cracking shadows, that looks great on the rock :)
Thank you Dave, it's a nice bit of slate from around my pond :)

Really like that, sharp with a nicly detailed shadow, very well composed
Cheers Chris :) - I must say the wind was a right pain in the arse, I should have got a tripod ideally, as every time I just got the focus and framing right the dam wind blew it and it span around :bang:

Love the idea for the theme, Dean. The strong shadows and the texture detail work really well for the image.
Thank you Stan :)

Cheers Chris :) - I must say the wind was a right pain in the arse, I should have got a tripod ideally, as every time I just got the focus and framing right the dam wind blew it and it span around :banghead:
I can imagine but it was worth it, the things we do...

Sycamore seed (IIRC) is superb Dean, I like it a lot.
Hmmm I think you are correct in the UK, if I recall from my google search previously the USA call them a Sycamore Maple :thinking:

Is the tree an IR shot ?
Haaaaaa - well no it isn't :) - But the PP was IR in part, well spotted (y)

Love the PP on the tree, it looks like an infra red photo or a negative.
Thank you Jill - And yes as above :)

We've got a lot of these whirly birds around at the moment and when they are lying on the ground look just like a locust. And it will evole, given the right conditions (of which there is zero chance here) into a beautiful tree :D
Ahhhh yes good point, I should have laid it next to the circa 200 Seedlings that have sprouted up around the base of the tree in my back lawn :D

What a lovely macro, the detail is brilliant. Bravo! Loving the shadow too, gives it a lovely depth.
Thank you very much :)

Love your choice for Above DK, I could live with that photo on my wall, very arty :clap:
Cool, thank you a lot Susie :) :cool:
Another excellent choice in the sycamore seed pod, the reflection definitely takes it a step up from something ordinary to something very eye catching.

I thought the tree looked a bit IR - it works well and I love the composition. Great macro shot on the seed pod too - wonderful detail and the shadow is so effective (y)
Thank you Em, glad you liked them both :)

Loving the pic for above Dean, b+w conversion really suits it,
Cheers Michael :)

evolved, great idea, works well and I like this pic too.
Thank you again mate :)

Hi DK,
Above - Looks pretty spooky to me, I'm half expecting the branches to come alive and reach down towards me. Great atmospheric shot.
Evolved - I was thinking Sycamore not Maple, trust the Septics to get it wrong ;) Very detailed shot and nicely on theme imo.

Hi DK,
Above - Looks pretty spooky to me, I'm half expecting the branches to come alive and reach down towards me. Great atmospheric shot.
Thank you Tim :)
Evolved - I was thinking Sycamore not Maple, trust the Septics to get it wrong ;) Very detailed shot and nicely on theme imo.
Thanks again :) - Sycamore or Maple I have no idea, it's a tree with big red leaves :LOL:

And here is my one for this week, self explanatory I hope, not much setting up involved but finding a spot with ants was harder than expected today, and there was quite a wait too waiting for them to take notice, 100+ shots to get one that suited the theme :)

An ant grabbing hold of a grain of sugar - Week 15 'Hold'

Week 15 Hold by TP DK, on Flickr

Wow, that's a great macro shot. Great details, and who knew that ants like sugar :)

Great close up! Almost looks like an alien creature :D
Thank you Georgina :)

Your persistence has paid off, nice detail and spot on theme
Cheers Allan :)

Wow, that's a great macro shot. Great details, and who knew that ants like sugar :)
Thank you Bernd :) - Well I was hoping they did, I wanted something small enough for them to try and carry, but these ants were TINY, but they did try and lift it but struggled to say the least, poor things :)

Hold, what a cracking shot that payed off very well, Ant gets Hold of sugar grain. Really do like the thought and shots taken to get it (y)(y)
Cheers Dave :)

Great detail in that shot. The sugar grains look huge! I like the colors of the ground and ant with the contrasting white of the sugar. Nice job.

Really superb shot Dean - he looks like he's off to build an igloo with the size of those grains :)
Hahaaa yeah I see what you mean... thanks :)

Ants move so fast I've never got a shot I'm completely happy with yet - I'd not thought of using food to encourage them - I might give it a go!
Hell they do too... I did enjoy the challenge, though I did swear a bit :LOL:... have a go and let me know what you use, Enjoy :)

Top job DK. I love the contrast between the clean sugar and dirty ground. (y)
Cheers David :)

Great shot. I love the detail in the ant and the sugar crystals.
Thank you too Steve :)

Great detail in that shot. The sugar grains look huge! I like the colors of the ground and ant with the contrasting white of the sugar. Nice job.
Cheers Chris :) I too liked the contrast of the ground and sugar, something I may try again :)

Love that, wish I could take a shot like that! On theme, good contrast between the sugar and background and lovely depth of field.
Thank you Paul, I'm sure you would have no problem with something like this :)

Back