weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

Hi DK ...eeeek I'm miles behind with everyone but catching up slowly.
Smashing fields for Agriculture with the watery channel running through. I love those cows to the left with just their heads poking through, cows have such interesting faces.
I don't think I've ever seen a bittern, well done with capturing it in flight like that, it does indeed look very Graceful.
Home grown Fruit ..yum,yum how delicious they look with the sprinkle of raindrops.

Nice Plums,
That rainwater/dew really helps, it gives them a sense of freshness.
Thank you Dom :)

That image just screams "fresh"! Super young green colours and contrasting pinks and purples of the plums. Good little details too with the water drops and the smooth OOF areas in behind (y)
Thank you too Andrea, I was lucky with the poor weather :D

The rain drops really make the shot. Looks so fresh and the fruits look juicy too. I'm not getting many plums this year but loads last year.
It's a bumper harvest this year for me Stan, have you not had much Sun around your way ??

'Fraid I'm going to use the 'fresh' word again! Great focus on those lovely droplets and such pretty bokeh between the leaves too - really lovely (y)
Cheers Em... I like 'fresh' that will do for me :) :)

Hi DK ...eeeek I'm miles behind with everyone but catching up slowly.
Tut Tut :bat:

:LOL:
Smashing fields for Agriculture with the watery channel running through. I love those cows to the left with just their heads poking through, cows have such interesting faces.
Thank you Suzie, I couldn't agree more about cows, they always seem to have an inquisative look on their faces to me but dumb looking at the same time :)
I don't think I've ever seen a bittern, well done with capturing it in flight like that, it does indeed look very Graceful.
Thank you again, first time for me too :D
Home grown Fruit ..yum,yum how delicious they look with the sprinkle of raindrops.
And a final thank you... and again for the great catch up , really appreciated (y) :)

Last edited:
Hi DK,

Graceful - Perhaps a good thing that you couldn't get closer, as the letterbox crop works, giving the bird space to fly into. Good separation from the background :)
Fruit - Good work capturing the droplets on the leaves and berries. Liking the colours.

Love the fruit with the rain drops, the cows were nice all in a row and the Bitten very graceful.:clap:
Thank you Shirley :)

Hi DK,

Graceful - Perhaps a good thing that you couldn't get closer, as the letterbox crop works, giving the bird space to fly into. Good separation from the background :)
Thank you Tim :)
Fruit - Good work capturing the droplets on the leaves and berries. Liking the colours.
Annnnnd thank you again :)

And here we go with a catch up, so here we go...

When I was away camping I wanted to get something different than modern day transport, I saw this re-enactment advertised, so I popped along, unfortunately when the guy came out he explained a lot about his costume, the saddle and other horse things,how to put them on etc, was very interesting and took a lot of time, but also that he wasn't putting his armour on for a couple of hours, so I took shots of him in this costume, still old but I really wanted the Armour

I waited to he got in the right position to get most obstacles out of the way and did a bit of cloning to clean the shot up a bit too.

Week 30 Vehicle - A medieval Vehicle :D

Week 30 - Vehicle by TP DK, on Flickr

For week 31 I again tried for a stitched panorama, done very effortlessly by LR now, trying to get all the levels right is the difficult bit and ensuring there is enough space around all the elements and not too far between each one.

For this one I tried as single shots originally but whilst sitting under a tree viewing them I noticed I was not getting enough detail due to the strong light, so for an experiment I tried doing in camera HDR for each of the frames of the Panorama, I again had to clone out a few distractions, but I am quite happy with the result, this is 9 HDR's stitched together so 27 separate frames to make it, clever modern tech hey !!!

Week 31 - Piece - A piece of History, or a Medieval Priory in Pieces :D

Week 31 - Piece by TP DK, on Flickr

And now to something different for week 32

I liked the look of this old cast iron radiator and how it catches the light, hopefully it reflects the theme well enough as there is plenty of black shadows but still fine detail, well it works for me anyway :)

Week 32 - Contrast (Certainly best viewed LARGE on flickr this one :))

Week 32 - Contrast by TP DK, on Flickr

Piece is a great ruin, not sure on the pp though all seems a little bright impressive stitching though
Contrast works for me great symmetry and nice light and shade

Piece is a great ruin, not sure on the pp though all seems a little bright impressive stitching though
Thank you Allan :)

I did brighten it a tad in the shadows but it was a very bright day, but comparing side Lightroom and Flickr, the Flickr image certainly is a bit brighter in the highlights, I hadn't noticed, no idea how to get rid of that other than making the LR version duller :thinking:
Contrast works for me great symmetry and nice light and shade
Annnnd thank you again, it is a simple straight forward shot this one, simple is good hey :)

And for the re-shoot another Pano, similar to the other one in the way it was done, my aim was to get all the moat in the shot and have the paths enclosing it (not sure if they distract as they do not really lead the eye) and this time I did have a bit more trouble keeping all the uprights correct, this is the best that I got it - not much to say other than here it is

Week 32 Re-Shoot 'Architecture' 14th Century style...

Week 32 - Re-shoot - Architecture by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Dean, like the contrast shot, wondered if it would of worked even better in B & W (probably just me, having a B/W phase again :) ) ?
Thanks Nigel :)

I may try a B&W in the next couple of days :)

Piece is a cracking shot/s and great bit of work done and on theme :)
Thank you Dave :)
Contrast is a very nice shot, showing the colour very well :)
Thank you again, I do like the colour myself too :)
Reshoot is a hell of a beautiful shot Dean, showing the lovely old mansion and a nice bit of the gardens :)
And thank you very much :) :cool:

Vehicle is nicely done with good details on the white horse in bright light.
Piece, somehow the exposure of the RHS looks better than the left, I wonder if the light changed during capturing the pano? Good take on the theme though.
Contrast good job, bright highlights though to the black background with nice simple details.
I like the the architecture reshoot, I think the paths and grass nicely frame the moat and lead the eye around the building.

Vehicle is nicely done with good details on the white horse in bright light.
Thank you Chris :)
Piece, somehow the exposure of the RHS looks better than the left, I wonder if the light changed during capturing the pano? Good take on the theme though.
Well spotted, infact that area was very much in heavy shadow due to the bright sunshine behind the big arch, the HDR certainly brought out most of the detail but I too had to up it in the shadows a tad :)
Contrast good job, bright highlights though to the black background with nice simple details.
Thank you again Chris :)
I like the the architecture reshoot, I think the paths and grass nicely frame the moat and lead the eye around the building.
Cool, glad they were not a distraction :)

Yo DK ... excellent catchup. (y)

Vehicle .... so a horse is a vehicle, I'm pleased to know. I like it very much, stands out well from the BG and very nice BG too. Great detail and medieval costume.

A Piece of History ... blimey 9 HDRs stitched! Fab result, I must try it sometime.

Contrast ... Fits the frame well, a bit dusty, in fact there's a bit of fluff in the middle that could be easily removed. That's a nice prop for something abstract or minimal.

Archi Reshoot ... pano works really well here, nice one.

Last edited:
That's a lovely horse and an good take on Vehicle, especially the historical detail in the rider's costume and the ruins in the background, which set the era. Piece has a great sense of width and space, and I dread to think how massive the resulting file must have been! Looks like a really interesting place to visit, too. Contrast is spot on with those bright but controlled highlights contrasting perfectly with the deep shadows, and works really well at a larger size too. Reshoot is an impressive capture of a lovely building under a moody sky. It's great that you got all of the moat in, and I don't think the paths are a major distraction at all (y)

Hi DK,

Vehicle - Good crisp sharp shot. You've used the DoF well to separate the rider from the walls even though they are roughly the same colour.
Piece - I think that the effort you went to paid off. I think you can tell it's a bit HDR due to the detail in the shadows, but it's not some garish monstrosity of HDR, it's using it the way it's supposed to be used.
Contrast - Certainly contrasty - not one for your HDR then? ;) It works and the symmetry seems spot on.
Re-Shoot 'Architecture' - Was this HDR again? I must say that with the lack of cast shadows, if it was HDR, it's far less obvious. You're right that some of it does lean a bit, just claim it was Oliver Cromwell's fault...

Your gaff looks pretty tidy in the architecture shot DK ?!
Hahaaa as if... that is my 'summer house' in the south east quadrant :D

Yo DK ... excellent catchup. (y)
Hey David wave::

Vehicle .... so a horse is a vehicle, I'm pleased to know. I like it very much, stands out well from the BG and very nice BG too. Great detail and medieval costume.
Hell yes, a vehicle to transport passengers, early day motorcycles if you ask me :whistle:

Thank you for the compliments :)

A Piece of History ... blimey 9 HDRs stitched! Fab result, I must try it sometime.
That you should, it's a mighty big file :LOL:

Contrast ... Fits the frame well, a bit dusty, in fact there's a bit of fluff in the middle that could be easily removed. That's a nice prop for something abstract or minimal.
Ahhhh that's why I wanted it viewed large to see if people could see the fluff, I like that fine detail so left it in :)

Archi Reshoot ... pano works really well here, nice one.
Annnnd thank you again :)

That's a lovely horse and an good take on Vehicle, especially the historical detail in the rider's costume and the ruins in the background, which set the era.
Thank you Andrea :)

Piece has a great sense of width and space, and I dread to think how massive the resulting file must have been! Looks like a really interesting place to visit, too.
Thanks again, yes a BIG file, the size is only 1024x339 uploaded, but the file on my drive is 221 MB :D

Contrast is spot on with those bright but controlled highlights contrasting perfectly with the deep shadows, and works really well at a larger size too.
:) :cool:

Reshoot is an impressive capture of a lovely building under a moody sky. It's great that you got all of the moat in, and I don't think the paths are a major distraction at all (y)
Glad they don't distract too much... thank you so much for the huge feedback :) :)

'sup, Contrast, yeah, that really works for me. Not sure why IYSWIM, but the symmetry, POV and colours work well.

Cheers.
Cool thanks Andy, yes I sure know what you mean, I liked it a lot when I saw it and love the warm light :)

hey Tim :)

Vehicle - Good crisp sharp shot. You've used the DoF well to separate the rider from the walls even though they are roughly the same colour.
Thank you :)
Piece - I think that the effort you went to paid off. I think you can tell it's a bit HDR due to the detail in the shadows, but it's not some garish monstrosity of HDR, it's using it the way it's supposed to be used.
Cool, That's what I was hoping for getting the detail not banging the hell out of the saturation as some do :)
Contrast - Certainly contrasty - not one for your HDR then? ;) It works and the symmetry seems spot on.
Hmmmm good point, I didn't even think of doing one at the time, I try to limit them so they are 'different' when I do them :)
Re-Shoot 'Architecture' - Was this HDR again? I must say that with the lack of cast shadows, if it was HDR, it's far less obvious. You're right that some of it does lean a bit, just claim it was Oliver Cromwell's fault...
Hahhaaaaaaa :D

Yes it was HDR again, it took some cloning to get the people out of the shot, many of them were decapitated by the stitching as it was :D

And here is my shot for last week, a nice simple one again.

Shot indoors with the helping hand of Mrs DK (instead of putting the camera on a tri-pod for the, she held the lenspen for me :D)

Again happy with this one, the reflections are a bit of a pain but couldn't get rid of them from the frame so tried to make them part of the image, but still the main intentions of being close in, deep blacks, keeping all the text in, focus on the lenspen and all relatively square in the frame all worked for me,... thanks for looking :)

Week 33 Clean (ed)

Week 33 - Clean (d) by TP DK, on Flickr

Well done, I nearly submitted something similar but as you say controlling the reflections is a pain and, for that matter I found getting clean blacks hard too. So good job, I really like it and would have liked to have done something similar

Done very well there Dean, great colours and definition. Dont mind the reflections in the lens as they helpt tell the story.

Is that one of them D....S....L.....R....thingys :)
Hahaaaa yes... a 'proper' digital camera ;)

Well exposed with black blacks and white whites.

Looks like a big thing :) :) :)

Cheers.
Why thank you kind sir... is that Jack speaking :LOL:

Very nice Mrs DK for helping DK to get a damn good shot :D
Bless her hey, all that effort for me :D

I do like the shot and not fussed about the reflections, a nice clean lens :)
Cool... thank you Dave (y)

Well done, I nearly submitted something similar but as you say controlling the reflections is a pain and, for that matter I found getting clean blacks hard too.
Thank yoo Chris, I did have to move the lights around a tad and the height of the stand, well when I say stand I mean 2 plastic crates :D

So good job, I really like it and would have liked to have done something similar
Splendid, thank you very much :cool:

Done very well there Dean, great colours and definition. Dont mind the reflections in the lens as they helpt tell the story.
Thank you Mark, I am pleased that people do not find them a hindrance :)

Must be one of the cleanest lenses I've seemed. Not even a tiny dust in sight.
Ah yes... no cloning done on the image at all Stan :whistle:

Very apt for the theme. Spot on sharp focus. The reflections add interests to the shot and the square format works well too.
Annnnnd thank you too, very much so (y)

Back