weekly viv1969 (Ruth) 52 Challenge - SPIRAL Added

Thanks Andrea :)

I've decided to cheat to get back on course!

A very cheat catch up:

Household
Bizarre
Limit
Broken
Entertain

Sorry!!!

CHEAT CATCHUP
by viv1969 on Talk Photography

Last edited:
Ha ha very good Ruth - cheeky enough to get away with it perhaps. Very novel idea.

hahahahah, well done Ruth, apart from the comments above there's quite a bit of reflected light on cheating but I admire you chutzpa and inventive thinking :clap::clap::clap:

What a brilliant idea Ruth! I like the old wooden scrabble board :)

OMG! what can I say..... (Yeah Not "I'm sorry to hear your news":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
Think you have a couple of things missing from the shot.... Mojo?

That make all the shoe horns pale into insignificants:LOL::bat:

Haha, very good, and now you've overtaken me and are up to date!

Glad to see you back on board :)

Thank you. I'm going to boot myself in the bum to keep up.

hahahahah, well done Ruth, apart from the comments above there's quite a bit of reflected light on cheating but I admire you chutzpa and inventive thinking :clap::clap::clap:

Ta.....It's worth a try, right? :)

Very inventive, I may have to steal that idea later in the year :D

Feel free. I can post the fancy board now I've used it :LOL:

What a brilliant idea Ruth! I like the old wooden scrabble board :)

Thanks....The board and tiles are cracking on a bit, but I knew they'd come in handy.

OMG! what can I say..... (Yeah Not "I'm sorry to hear your news":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
Think you have a couple of things missing from the shot.... Mojo?

That make all the shoe horns pale into insignificants:LOL::bat:

You're right. The MOJO is still AWOL.
It's picture is on milk cartons.

Hi, thats one way of doing it, I have nothing but admiration for you :LOL:

Hi Ruth,

I love the scrabble board - excellent idea for a catch up :clap::clap::clap:

spirals - I really like the shot, the mono is great, I like the graininess, but please put me out of my misery - what are they???

Hi Ruth,

I love the scrabble board - excellent idea for a catch up :clap::clap::clap:

spirals - I really like the shot, the mono is great, I like the graininess, but please put me out of my misery - what are they???

Many thanks for your comment Lorraine.
It's dry pasta! Wholemeal...and it does have that grainy appearance without having to add any :LOL:

Hi, thats excellent, love the texture of them and the B+W works really well :clap:

Wondered what they were - looked like seconds from a button production line. Nice abstract Ruth.

Wondered what they were - looked like seconds from a button production line. Nice abstract Ruth.

Thanks Carl. You're right, the doo look a bit like mis-produced buttons! :)

Cheat catch up: Absolutely love it .:D Now why didn't I think of that.

Spiral: Good abstract image of the pasta. Well suited to the mono conversion. Until I read your commentary I also thought you may have added some grain to the image. How healthy.

Cheat catch up: Absolutely love it .:D Now why didn't I think of that.

Spiral: Good abstract image of the pasta. Well suited to the mono conversion. Until I read your commentary I also thought you may have added some grain to the image. How healthy.

Thanks for commenting. :)
The catchup is very poorly executed, but I was losing touch with the challenge and needed to get back on track.

The healthy pasta is quite revolting, which is why I still have it :LOL:

Hi Ruth ... catching up ... love the gritty spirals shot. Pasta eh! I'd never have guessed. (y)

Hi there Ruth,

I've got a few to do so here goes... :)

Alphabet - I'm liking this one. Nice and bright too. Looks like there might be an issue with the file though as I only see the top half. I very much like the feathers triptych too. Loads of detail although it doesn't hit the theme for me.
Sound - Tricky to comment on as the images are only showing the top half on my pc. I do remember seeing the headphones one in full and remember liking it :)
Experiment - Nice shot. The drop left in the pipette is a little distracting as is the black background. Maybe a fade into the background or a lighter one would work better possibly?
Heat - Very original thinking there and I like the mono conversion.
Figures - Simple, effective and on theme. I don't think you had misplaced your mojo at all.
Cheat catchup - One word - Brilliant :D
Spirals - I like the textures in this one. I would like to see a shot a bit further out though maybe. This one feels a touch tight for me for some reason.

Trying desperately to get back on track.....

Spiral(s)
final spirals by viv1969 on Talk Photography

Ditto!
Like the gritty feel to this, was trying to work out what they were..... I thought Pasta... and read you post confirming it! I think the B&W conversion has really pushed up the texture, gives it a sort of seashell feel to it as well.
Well done on the catch up.... Mojo partially returning then;)

very cheaky catch up indeed, inventive though and think you got away with it purely on that, as said though slightly oof.

Spiral is very cool, i like the grainyness of it really exaggerates the textures in the image. nicely done :)

Back