weekly weebleswobble's 52 thread for 2020 - Week 26 Mother Nature

That is superb, i love it. Good light, the sprays of water, the just got out of bed hair and the joy on her face.

Week 3 - Tool(s)
My hubby got a miniature blow torch for Christmas and has had a little play with it since, so when Tools came up, I thought of this shot. He did have a little soldering to do so set it up this afternoon for me. I do hasten to add, that he did use the normal soldering iron for the actual job so this was a little staged...
Social Media-2303.jpg

Excellent shot, very well processed.

Staged or not, or is very well done. Sharp where it counts, and great detail on the flame and smoke. Someone - probably two people - had very steady hands for this shot!

That's a very 'cool', 'hot' image Donna!(y)
Great exposure control...with excellent detail on the flame.
Spot on focus, and I love the (unconventional?) soldering style....I must get me one of them blowtorch things!
Nice reflections on the 'helping hands' too!
Good stuff!:clap:

Very nice image for Tool Donna nicely composed and thought of the flame and smoke are brilliant the colours really jump out form the black background

Great idea Donna, there is lots going on there, well thought out.

Nice shot - seems a lot of bother just to solder two wires together ;)

Hi Donna

Great shot of Corfe Castle, love the colours, the sky and the sunbeams. It looks a bit cockeyed to me, maybe its the hill behind is misleading my eyes.

Lovely picture of your dog having fun, I hope when he rolls you don't have the displeasure of cleaning him up.

Tools is a clean Image, all nice and sharp, I like it,

Pete

ooooh poor tigger, feel so sorry for him discarded on the roadside.

fab take on the theme and nothing wrong with the technique.

Pete

Great, thanks for the feedback

That is definitely a dejected and discarded tiger - captures the theme nicely but would a shallower DoF increase the feeling of isolation?
Good point, I may even try and blur out the background for this

Not massively a fan of all the dead space around him, but the colours and darkness are good :)
It`s a very nice shot Donna, but for there is too much space in the top and bottom.
Thanks for this, I was so set on getting in the yellow line, I didn't really think of different compositions - but much appreciated

Excellent use of negative space, emphasises the loneliness of poor old tigger, like the lighting as well, great idea.

Awwww, poor thing! Love the lighting on this, it makes it feel like it's getting late and cold and no-one is coming to get him.. :crying:

He does look a bit lonely and dejected aka discarded, Donna.

And contrary to popular comment I like the dead space. It adds to the theme IMO

Great shot, to add to the overall look I would have gave tigger a soaking for a more bedraggled appearance, but maybe that would be taking it too far! I can definitely how setting up this image would raise eyebrows

Tools: I like this, the close up really works well and the wires draw you in to the centre of the image, also nice use of bokeh.
Discarded: Another lovely image, I really like the way the light is pooled around Tigger (who is looking ever so slightly forlorn!) although i may have been tempted to move the stick from the background to make it a cleaner image right through.

Great job.

Great shot, to add to the overall look I would have gave tigger a soaking for a more bedraggled appearance, but maybe that would be taking it too far! I can definitely how setting up this image would raise eyebrows
Funnily enough I had the other 'alf standing behind with a sprinkler, but it didn't show up, and I didn't fancy staying out there too long for the shot. But yes, I was going for a more bedraggled appearance and didn't quite achieve it, although it probably would've helped if I had a longer haired soft toy

Discarded: Another lovely image, I really like the way the light is pooled around Tigger (who is looking ever so slightly forlorn!) although i may have been tempted to move the stick from the background to make it a cleaner image right through.
Graet idea and execution. I like the negative space - I would just have taken out the twig near the top.
Fully agree, I had moved it, but not far enough and then thought the bokeh would hide it. Thanks for the feedback.

A fun and witty shot. Like the processing with the vignette effect. Did the passer-by give you a funny look? :giggle:
I am guessing so although not much eye contact in the dark, but hey I was laughing at myself anyway ;)

Back