weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Shimmer: Simple, to the point, on topic and well captured.
You'll see far more boring shots than that on many office walls.
You could probably sell prints of that to corporates and retire on the proceeds.

Thanks

Shimmer: Have you seen "the sea" by Lowry?

http://www.thelowry.com/gifts-and-s...d-prints/the-sea-1963-framed-print-oak-finish

It is one of my all time favourite images. I have tried to make a photograph similar to it many times but I just can't capture that mood.

You didn't either. :mooning::p:D

But you got a lot closer than I ever have, well done.

(Forgive me I'm just jealous.)

I hadn't seen it till now, would never had known it was Lowry no matchstick men or matchstick cats and dogs unless of course they have all drowned :sorry: :coat:

I see you sent me a link to a gift shop, I won't be buying it for you......... nice try though :cow:

Inverse: I saw this and thought "wow". On closer inspection the shadow looks a bit noisy, did you up the white on the bg? - still a great job though Allan. (y)

I did up the white on the BG and i used flash, I tried to lighten the shadow too hence the noise

thats definitely shimmer, i like it, abstract and could easily be a canvas or a 'stock' photo. nicely done

Thanks

Shimmer, less is often more. Like it. A very tranquil submission.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy

Hey Allan. I'm envious - your flame is a lot better than I've managed so far :clap:. I'll keep practising.

OK I'll have to see if I can match that :D
(sorry :coat: )

Well captured Allan (y)

Hi Allan :)

Inverse - Nice colours, not so sure on the composition, would much prefer the alien strawb towards the bottom of the frame, but still great background and grounding shadow, like it :thumbs|:

Shimmer - I don't find that boring at all, has a very metallic look, liking the portrait crop too :)

Element - Another nice simple image, but again it works really well, good orange glow, clear detail of the match head and a nice even black background, not a wow image but still a very good, well exposed photo (y)

Hi Allan ... I like the idea: bold statement single flame. And calling it Element not Elements. ;) A bit grainy isn't it!

Sorry that was the Vesta I could do, call it my Swan song :D

:facepalm::puke:

Hi Allan :)

Inverse - Nice colours, not so sure on the composition, would much prefer the alien strawb towards the bottom of the frame, but still great background and grounding shadow, like it :thumbs|:

Shimmer - I don't find that boring at all, has a very metallic look, liking the portrait crop too :)

Element - Another nice simple image, but again it works really well, good orange glow, clear detail of the match head and a nice even black background, not a wow image but still a very good, well exposed photo (y)

Thanks DK "not a wow image" there's an understatement

Hi Allan ... I like the idea: bold statement single flame. And calling it Element not Elements. ;) A bit grainy isn't it!

it is a little grainy too much feckin in PP I suppose

Fi Ya, ♪ doo doo doo doo doo ♫ daa, Fi YA, I'll take you to burn... ♫

You've done a lovely job there Al, I love how you can see the match head in the flame. Perhaps the "grain" is due to the resizing or did you do a lot of exposure adjustments?

Fi Ya, ♪ doo doo doo doo doo ♫ daa, Fi YA, I'll take you to burn... ♫

You've done a lovely job there Al, I love how you can see the match head in the flame. Perhaps the "grain" is due to the resizing or did you do a lot of exposure adjustments?

Down to fiddling in PP I think Brian

Hi Allan ...super choice and a super shot ...simple but effective ....excellent choice for the theme.

Thanks Susie

Elements, on theme. Original, well, maybe not, but it's well exposed, lovely warm colours and well composed.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy

Thats rather good Al (y)
( and far more on theme than one I could mention :D)

Definitely Seasonal - would make a brilliant image for a botanical publication.

The background is very white. Bravo.

The combination of the composition/POV and only a small area of focus really threw me so I'm going to say that I think it would look better with more depth of field...

Thats rather good Al (y)
( and far more on theme than one I could mention :D)

Thanks, might still be needing a loan of the shoehorn soon

Cracking shot for Element, clear, sharp and spot on exposure.

Another cracker for Seasonal too. Well lit and spot on focus. Any artificial light or natural light? :clap:

Natural light taken outdoors under a very diffused sun

Definitely Seasonal - would make a brilliant image for a botanical publication.

Thanks Carl

Seasonal is a cracking image Allan. No crit from me :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you

Very nice indeed - no idea what they are, but love the detail and the diamond white background (y)

No idea here also some type of seed pods?

The background is very white. Bravo.

The combination of the composition/POV and only a small area of focus really threw me so I'm going to say that I think it would look better with more depth of field...

f16 On a macro lens should have maybe focus stacked but far to lazy :)

Hi Allan ...that's a very enviable white background ...a super seasonal shot ...right on theme.

Thanks Susie

Thanks, might still be needing a loan of the shoehorn soon
Ah I see what you mean now :D
So is the box full of shoes and you needed the "horn" to get them all in?

:D

Hi Allan. I like the lighting. The slightly wonky lid subtly implies it is full so nicely themed methinks.

Seasonal ... nice BG and POV but I'm with @Brian_of_Bozeat when he says "would look better with more depth of field"

Full ... nice interpretation, cute box. (y)

Hi Allan, another great take from you, this time for Full. It looks like the contents are trying to escape from their close confinement :D Although if as @Cobra suggests it is full of shoes it would take an elephant sized box to get all mine in :ROFLMAO:

A nice take on Schrödinger's cat :)

I rather like it. Good subtle lighting and the slightly raised box corner is a nice touch.

No real crit on this one.

Cheers.

Hi Allan

Element: Simple and effective. Very nicely shot.
Seasonal: Another good shot. I like the way it really pops out from the background :)
Full: Very clever shot(y) Full? Well, the slightly angled lid suggests that it is. Nicely lit too.

Hi Allan. I like the lighting. The slightly wonky lid subtly implies it is full so nicely themed methinks.

Thanks Carl

Seasonal ... nice BG and POV but I'm with @Brian_of_Bozeat when he says "would look better with more depth of field"

Full ... nice interpretation, cute box. (y)

Cute indeed

@d00d ... Ha Haaaa at cute box :D

Sorry... Hi Allan :)

Full? - Liking the idea, left to the imagination really makes the onlooker ponder, nicely composed and well lit, really like this one (y)

Thanks DK

Hi Allan, another great take from you, this time for Full. It looks like the contents are trying to escape from their close confinement :D Although if as @Cobra suggests it is full of shoes it would take an elephant sized box to get all mine in :ROFLMAO:

no shoes where harmed in the production of this photograph

A nice take on Schrödinger's cat :)

I rather like it. Good subtle lighting and the slightly raised box corner is a nice touch.

No real crit on this one.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy well done for getting the Schrödinger's cat reference (y)

Another simple but great shot from Allan.
Nowt much to add to the comments above except :agree:

Thanks

Hi Allan

Element: Simple and effective. Very nicely shot.
Seasonal: Another good shot. I like the way it really pops out from the background :)
Full: Very clever shot(y) Full? Well, the slightly angled lid suggests that it is. Nicely lit too.

Thanks for looking in

Hi Allan. An appropriately gritty b&w for Habit. Like the partial take of the ashtray and the contrast between the grain of the wood and the patterned cigarette paper. Nicely thought out for the theme.:clap:

Back