weekly Bernd's 52 in 2017 - week 26: Face

Nice triptych, shows the building off looks like it among other modern buildings why do people not like this one I wonder

Largest number or bikes ... pleasing image with FG old looking bikes with bells .. how civilised.

Architecture ... good catch. Three very beautiful images depicting those architectural qualities.
Thank you David!

Good triptych which picks out the architectural details well, suits the mono nicely.
Thanks Chris!

Two great contributions to the themes Bernd - I've never seen anything like those bicycle before, it's such a strong image.
The triptych is a great choice too as David says and both suit mono very well :clap:
Thank you Emma!

Very well taken and put together for architecture, love the texture look of it and the lines :)
Cheers David!

Nice triptych, shows the building off looks like it among other modern buildings why do people not like this one I wonder
Thank you Allan!

I like that Bernd, the PP works very well with the building design, highlighting the fine detail well, no idea why people would not like this building, looks cool to me :)
Thanks Dean!

Super shots for your triptych Bernd, so many angles and lines in that building, it's perfect for the theme, and an excellent choice in the b&w white too.
Thank you Susie!

Large - wow, that's a lot of bikes, a very interesting shot to look at and I like the B&W.
Architecture - not a building I have seen before, shame you were moved on but you have three good shots that work well together.

Architecture - cool looking building, nothing like that in this part of the world. Nice set shots with different viewpoints and angles and nicely mono'd. Like it.

Large - wow, that's a lot of bikes, a very interesting shot to look at and I like the B&W.
Architecture - not a building I have seen before, shame you were moved on but you have three good shots that work well together.
Thanks Steve!

Architecture - cool looking building, nothing like that in this part of the world. Nice set shots with different viewpoints and angles and nicely mono'd. Like it.
Thank you Chris!

Really like the mineral reshoot, great colours and nicely timed with the guys in the background.

Good job with broken, nice placement of the camera and an interesting take on the theme

Reshoot reminds of of the cover to Wish you were here, lol.

Broken I like, has an air of aggression about it.

Nice find for mineral ...and getting blokes on mobiles in the gaps! ... very well done. (y)

and Broken ... HaHa could be a punk record cover ... tough guy, inner city, thru the broken glass. Nice idea, nice work. (y)

I feel I'm beginning to sound like a 'broken' record when it comes to commenting on your thread Bernd but you always take the sort of shots I love :)

Is that glass fountain located in London, I'm back there soon and it looks beautiful.
Broken is spot on for the theme, I love the composition and the choice of B&W.

Like everybody else I love the mineral re-shoot; great timing and perfect OOF background. Does everybody there walk round with a mobile to their ear?

B&W works really well for broken Bernd. Great shots both of them.

Reshoot is a nice shot of mineral, like the colours even the two blokes who are on the mobiles :)
Broken, a very nicely taken shot and clever too, for the shot I think it does go very well in mono :)
Thank you David!

Very clever with the camera position. Good idea for the theme and black and white works well for the shot.
Thanks Stan!

Really like the mineral reshoot, great colours and nicely timed with the guys in the background.

Good job with broken, nice placement of the camera and an interesting take on the theme
Cheers Chris!

Reshoot reminds of of the cover to Wish you were here, lol.

Broken I like, has an air of aggression about it.
Thanks Mark!

Nice find for mineral ...and getting blokes on mobiles in the gaps! ... very well done. (y)

and Broken ... HaHa could be a punk record cover ... tough guy, inner city, thru the broken glass. Nice idea, nice work. (y)
Thank you David! I think nowadays the young folks listen to grime. Punk is so 1977...

I like both of those Bernd. Great colour and perfect timing in the first. The second is a wonderful find and you've done a great job with it - really memorable (y)
Thanks Emma!

I feel I'm beginning to sound like a 'broken' record when it comes to commenting on your thread Bernd but you always take the sort of shots I love :)

Is that glass fountain located in London, I'm back there soon and it looks beautiful.
Broken is spot on for the theme, I love the composition and the choice of B&W.
Thank you Susie! The 'Glass Fountain' is a sculpture by Allen David. It's right behind the Guildhall in London.

Like everybody else I love the mineral re-shoot; great timing and perfect OOF background. Does everybody there walk round with a mobile to their ear?

B&W works really well for broken Bernd. Great shots both of them.
Cheers John!

Very good indeed I think its all been said
Thanks Allan!

Hi Brrnd.

Vivid - Splendid find, works well running up the 1/3rd (also helps lose the tree).
Large - Works well in b&w, Holland maybe?
Architecture - The centre shot would stand alone. It is an interesting piece of architecture. You should have taken sneaky shots with your mobile, as it's well known that terrorists would prefer to use an obvious DLSR & tripod rather than an inconspicuous phone.
Re-shoot - Lovely capture of the colours. Half a second later and you'd have had suited bloke perfectly framed too.
Broken - Cool photo. I spent time reading the reflections of the signs.

Hi Brrnd.

Vivid - Splendid find, works well running up the 1/3rd (also helps lose the tree).
Large - Works well in b&w, Holland maybe?
Architecture - The centre shot would stand alone. It is an interesting piece of architecture. You should have taken sneaky shots with your mobile, as it's well known that terrorists would prefer to use an obvious DLSR & tripod rather than an inconspicuous phone.
Re-shoot - Lovely capture of the colours. Half a second later and you'd have had suited bloke perfectly framed too.
Broken - Cool photo. I spent time reading the reflections of the signs.
Thank you Tim!

Large was taken in Denmark, but I'm sure you could take a similar photo in Holland.

Love your shot for Vivid, great structure and find.

Also like your Re shoot for mineral but wondering if its straight :).

Broken, bang on theme and works well in B/W.
Thank you Nigel!

I think everybody has said it Bernd; it's a great shot with no people, you must have got up early or late! (y)

Another catch-up of your images added since my last visit, Bernd. At first glance Hold appeared a little dull and dark but when taking into account the subject I think the processing suits very well. It looks a grim place and it's fascinating to see all the details of the building behind the tall wall, too. The sculpture in Vivid is great find and perfect for the theme, and I like your triptych of unusual building details for Architecture. I am very envious of all that interesting London architecture :)

The glass fountain is really unusual and another perfect match for the re-shot theme - I like the green tones in the glass and all the corners and angles - and the deserted platform and symmetry in Transport makes a really striking image that jumps off the screen. You did well to find a completely deserted spot (y)

Hi Bernd

Broken... what a great idea, a cool reflection and liking the PP that helps rid of bright coloured distractions... cool :)

Transport - now that works very well, super symmetry and loving the colours on this one, great to see two trains with the same colour and relatively void of distracting passengers, the two yellow lines really draw my eyes down the platform too - Liker it (y)

Lovely.
Great symmetry and leading lines. Like that a lot.
Thank you Mark!

Hi Brrnd.
Clapham Common right?
Great timing to get trains on both sides of the platform and yet no bodies in the shot. How long did you have to hang around for just the right moment?
Thanks Tim! It is indeed Clapham Common, one of the few remaining island platforms on the network, and dangerously narrow at that. That was actually my first shot, and then I loitered for half an hour without being able to reproduce it.

Like the shot Bernd and great that not one person on the platform too. Great leading lines and sharp front to back (y)
Cheers David!

Excellent, particularly like the lack of people
Thanks Allan!

I think everybody has said it Bernd; it's a great shot with no people, you must have got up early or late! (y)
Thank you John! It was late morning on a weekday, this seems to be the time when suburban tube stations are at their quietest.

Another catch-up of your images added since my last visit, Bernd. At first glance Hold appeared a little dull and dark but when taking into account the subject I think the processing suits very well. It looks a grim place and it's fascinating to see all the details of the building behind the tall wall, too. The sculpture in Vivid is great find and perfect for the theme, and I like your triptych of unusual building details for Architecture. I am very envious of all that interesting London architecture :)

The glass fountain is really unusual and another perfect match for the re-shot theme - I like the green tones in the glass and all the corners and angles - and the deserted platform and symmetry in Transport makes a really striking image that jumps off the screen. You did well to find a completely deserted spot (y)
Thank you for commenting Andrea!

Great symmetry and detail. Long exposure would work as well.
Thanks Andy! I wish... TfL is quite relaxed about taking photos in their stations, but no tripods and no flash.

Hi Bernd

Broken... what a great idea, a cool reflection and liking the PP that helps rid of bright coloured distractions... cool :)

Transport - now that works very well, super symmetry and loving the colours on this one, great to see two trains with the same colour and relatively void of distracting passengers, the two yellow lines really draw my eyes down the platform too - Liker it (y)
Thank you Dean!

Transport, that's a great shot. I like the symmetry, colours, it's just a good shot all-round.

... " ... one of the few remaining island platforms on the network, and dangerously narrow at that ... "

yes, now you mention it. Sure makes for a great image. (y)

Transport, that's a great shot. I like the symmetry, colours, it's just a good shot all-round.
Thank you Dominic!

... " ... one of the few remaining island platforms on the network, and dangerously narrow at that ... "

yes, now you mention it. Sure makes for a great image. (y)
Thanks David!

I think @Nostromo summed it up, good all round and very well timed with two trains and no people.
Thanks Chris!

Back