weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Just call me Mad Madam Mim
Edit My Images
Yes
Just putting down my marker to shame myself into doing it again. I learned such a lot from the one I did in 2009 that I'm sort of looking forward to doing it again. I 'met' so many good people through the challenge and still keep in touch even though we live in different countries. Good luck to all who join in.....

HI Jill.......welcome aboard :wave:

Off to a good start Jill.
Both nice images full of textures.
The pine cone just has the edge for me though :)

Hi, good start and plenty of patterns. I'm a big fan of uber clean, white BG and you first one looks a little grey, with the light being a little uneven on the second one. Of course, this may be the way you wanted them.

Did you buy or build the lightbox?

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Cheers.

It's the leaf for me. A nice study in colour, texture and pattern. The pine cone is just... a pine cone... It's a good photograph, but it doesn't hold any interest for me.

Good luck for the rest of the year!

As an object and interesting study it's the pine cone for me - plus the background lighting seems to be a bit more even and consistent in that one.
However, I can't help noticing that the backlighting does something special with the colours and fine textures of the leaf, which really makes it for me.

Really tough decision between the two, but a great start to the project either way.
It's great to have you back Jill :)

Both fascinating to look at closely but love the intrinsic warmth and beauty of the leaf the best.

Looks like your off to a good start with two images, it's another vote for the pine cone from me.

Thank you

I like them both but I think the pine cone has it just. I like the orientation - I think that clinches it for me.
Thanks for commenting

Hi, good start and plenty of patterns. I'm a big fan of uber clean, white BG and you first one looks a little grey, with the light being a little uneven on the second one. Of course, this may be the way you wanted them.

Did you buy or build the lightbox?

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Cheers.

Not the way I wanted them' but it's what you got . practice makes perfect I guess as I didn't notice the background on the pine cone until I posted it. My first learning point

I bought the lightbox, and I may reshoot.......

It's the leaf for me. A nice study in colour, texture and pattern. The pine cone is just... a pine cone... It's a good photograph, but it doesn't hold any interest for me.

Good luck for the rest of the year!

Thank you

As an object and interesting study it's the pine cone for me - plus the background lighting seems to be a bit more even and consistent in that one.
However, I can't help noticing that the backlighting does something special with the colours and fine textures of the leaf, which really makes it for me.

Really tough decision between the two, but a great start to the project either way.
It's great to have you back Jill :)

Thanks Sarah. And so far it's challenging me to do something new, which was the point I guess

Welcome back Jill, like me 2nd 52's. I like both shot but prefer the leaf one.

Thank you and thanks for looking and commenting.

Both fascinating to look at closely but love the intrinsic warmth and beauty of the leaf the best.

Thank you

Two nice shots, the leaf gets it for me, nice colours and lots of patterns.

Hi Jill. The leaf for me - I love the detail, those veins are so delicate, gorgeous

Thank you so much :)

Great start to the year with those two shots, the leaf for me as well, I love the translucency of it and the pattern of the veins.

I look forward to seeing more.

I'll try and live up to your expectations ;)

Hi Jill and welcome ....I do like the idea of the pine cone, but I love the colours and the patterns in the leaf, so i think that's my choice this week.

Thanks, and welcome to you too :welcome:

its the pine cone for me love the simplicity of the shot. The leaf show shows the detail very well.
I am seriously thinking of buying a light box but then I wondered whether to make one first. Maybe put into the challenge somewhere through the year.

Another leaf fan here. Very warm and full of detail.

Thank you Mr Sprout :rolleyes: and a Happy New Year too

its the pine cone for me love the simplicity of the shot. The leaf show shows the detail very well.
I am seriously thinking of buying a light box but then I wondered whether to make one first. Maybe put into the challenge somewhere through the year.

Thank you HeartandSoul. I can't remember where I got mine from but it is just over A4 size and very thin (less than an inch!) so doesn't take up much room. Happy New Year.

Hi Jill

Leaf shot for me as well.....I actually like that the BG is'nt pure white , it's a very light magnolia color on my screen which sets off the autumnal colors of the leaf really well , plenty of detail in the leaf as well.....you can see all the veins & differing tones really well....fab start to your project :clap:

The cone I'm not so keen on simply because it's upside down.....:coat:

Both nice pics but prefer the pine cone. (y)
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Hi Jill

Leaf shot for me as well.....I actually like that the BG is'nt pure white , it's a very light magnolia color on my screen which sets off the autumnal colors of the leaf really well , plenty of detail in the leaf as well.....you can see all the veins & differing tones really well....fab start to your project :clap:

The cone I'm not so keen on simply because it's upside down.....:coat:

Thank you Lynne, and you are entitled to your opinion on the pine cone :bat::bat::bat:I won't hold it against you :p

Both nice pics but prefer the pine cone. (y)
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Thanks Simon, and Happy New Year to you too :wave:

Oo, another leafy idea! :) Lovely colours on the first, great detail too, prefer it to the second I think. Great shot.

Welcome to 2015 52s Jill, two great shots to start with, but I have to go with the fab colours and textures of the leaf :clap: With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

welcome Bruja

nice work. (y)

Thanks, and thanks for stopping by as I know the first few weeks are a bit manic

Oo, another leafy idea! :) Lovely colours on the first, great detail too, prefer it to the second I think. Great shot.

Thank you :)

Welcome to 2015 52s Jill, two great shots to start with, but I have to go with the fab colours and textures of the leaf :clap: With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Thanks Elaine, and Good Luck to you too (y)

Well, here we go......

The first picture is a Val Singleton special (here's one I made earlier, for all you youngsters watching :p) which I initially shot for Grunge back in 2010 but immediately sprang to mind for this theme.

BLISS?

Bliss? by BrujaJill, on Flickr

The second picture was taken on our local beach on the 4th of January when we had an unexpected 23C. The Bliss of being able to do this in the middle of winter

BLISS

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qoF9pF]Bliss.jpg by BrujaJill, on Flickr[/URL]​

Back