weekly Chrispp My 52's Challenge Weeks 33,34,35,& 36

I like hard life, I've never seen a double buggy. I think Alan is right about the harbour crop but I would take it to the very top of the harbour wall to give the boat as much space as possible. Good shot though, lots going on

I like Harbour Life best Chris - lots going on and lovely colours too. Yes, prefer the cropped version. (y)

Harbour life for me too, Chris. Shame you couldn't get even further back for the shot and open it up a little more.

Would suit a panorama of sorts imo :)

Life - Harbor shot for me too I also like the crop better.

Hi Chris ...... Well done capturing that lady jumping into the harbour, plenty of Life there and lots of lovely colour too. I rather like the photo with a bit of blue at the top ...cropped to the sea, but then I always seem to be different :)
A double motability buggy ...you now that is something I haven't seen before.

The harbour shot for me too, there so much life going on there.

Harbour Life is a beaut, that funny little boat - just a restaurant promo no doubt - and all the activity, retro seaside postcard.

I like hard life, I've never seen a double buggy. I think Alan is right about the harbour crop but I would take it to the very top of the harbour wall to give the boat as much space as possible. Good shot though, lots going on
Thanks Chris, same as me with the double buggy ! Harbour I will revisit this for sure. Thanks for commenting Chris

I like Harbour Life best Chris - lots going on and lovely colours too. Yes, prefer the cropped version. (y)

Thanks Carl

Harbour life for me too, Chris. Shame you couldn't get even further back for the shot and open it up a little more.

Would suit a panorama of sorts imo :)

Have a few shots further back Ian, will revisit this when I get a few mins, thanks for commenting Chris

Life - Harbor shot for me too I also like the crop better.

Thanks

Hi Chris ...... Well done capturing that lady jumping into the harbour, plenty of Life there and lots of lovely colour too. I rather like the photo with a bit of blue at the top ...cropped to the sea, but then I always seem to be different :)
A double motability buggy ...you now that is something I haven't seen before.

Thanks Susie, as always everyone has a different point of view which I think s great ! I am sat on the fence now with the harbour. I am going to revisit this one for sure

Much prefer the cropped version without the wonky horizon and the rest of the distractions.

Thanks, totally agree now

The harbour shot for me too, there so much life going on there.

Thanks Bernd, the shots I have further back show a lot more going on and detail, will definitely revisit this one

It's the Harbour shot for me too Chris now that it has been cropped and straightened (y)

Thanks

Harbour Life is a beaut, that funny little boat - just a restaurant promo no doubt - and all the activity, retro seaside postcard.

Thanks David, really nice thing is they were all locals and not us tourists. Really great atmosphere

Thanks all for your time to comment, I'm slipping a bit at the moment still trying to catch up. Got camouflage and technology to sort !

Hi Chris :)

I love the colour of the yellow flower, not sure what it is but beautiful detail :)

Activity - now that is a great timed capture, such a fun stance and expression caught (y)

Life - Liking the 'Hard Life' image but for me its the harbour life images, full of activity with the boats and people jumping in, the crop sure helps the image too for me, nice one :)

Nice take on Hidden, I usually don't like a lot of OOF stuff in the foreground but it works well here, good job

Hidden, I like it it, it fits in nicely especially with the OoF leaves across the statue :)

Good use of focus to add that measure of depth to the image hidden behind. Nicely taken Chris.

wooo nice! good contrasting colour, nice positioning -although poss a tad tight at bottom- and the focus ... a beaut. (y)

Flora - I think the yellow flower for me Chris, lovely detailed shot.
Activity - two great shots for activity - you are right about the woman's expression!
Life - Two nicely contrasting takes on the theme.
Hidden - A lovely composition - beautiful colours

Last edited:
Hi Chris :)

I love the colour of the yellow flower, not sure what it is but beautiful detail :)

Activity - now that is a great timed capture, such a fun stance and expression caught (y)

Life - Liking the 'Hard Life' image but for me its the harbour life images, full of activity with the boats and people jumping in, the crop sure helps the image too for me, nice one :)

Thanks Dean, the flower is a Lilly, quite a few in the garden. I am slightly behind but just need to implement an idea for Lone
Thanks for the comments

Nice take on Hidden, I usually don't like a lot of OOF stuff in the foreground but it works well here, good job

Hi Chris, I generally I tend to agree with the OOF but when I came across the statue I thought why not and see how it comes out. Quite pleased. Thanks for your comment

Hi Chris ....yes the OOF works perfectly for the theme, the statue is really well defined, well spotted.

Thanks Susie :)

Hidden, I like it it, it fits in nicely especially with the OoF leaves across the statue :)

Thanks !

Good use of focus to add that measure of depth to the image hidden behind. Nicely taken Chris.

Thanks Carl, spur of the moment shot as well !

wooo nice! good contrasting colour, nice positioning -although poss a tad tight at bottom- and the focus ... a beaut. (y)

Thanks David, see what you mean about the crop, ill look into that

Flora - I think the yellow flower for me Chris, lovely detailed shot.
Activity - two great shots for activity - you are right about the woman's expression!
Life - Two nicely contrasting takes on the theme.
Hidden - A lovely composition - beautiful colours

Liz, thanks for commenting really appreciated.

Well Hidden well spotted.

Thanks Walter, this was a spur of the moment shot so quite pleased with the result

Thanks all for your comments, really appreciated as always. I have got my submissions for Lone and Fauna but I am not 100% happy with them so want a rethink !

Thanks Dean, the flower is a Lilly, quite a few in the garden. I am slightly behind but just need to implement an idea for Lone
Thanks for the comments
No woriies... and a Lilly, very nice too, my gardening consists of watering things and cutting things, never remembering their names :)

Great idea Chris.
I just make out where the line was, but only just.
Very nice focus, colour and background.

Hi Chris, the dof for hidden is spot on. The out of focus foliage really emphasises the hidden statue :clap:

Fab idea for Lone. And, just for an exercise try cloning out whatever it is hanging from the bottom of the star.

Clever idea Chris, it works well.

Yep, spotted the fishing line ! afraid my PS skill arnt up to much :(
Do you have a "healing tool" with your editing programme? 10 seconds of running it down the line at the top, and clicking the bottom ..
If you don't like it say so and its history.

Chris_edit.jpg

Great idea for "lone" great focus and DoF, and brilliant colours.

Looks beautifully 3-dimensional hanging against that sky. Great novel choice for the theme too.

Hidden - I have to agree with the other comments, nicely done.
Lone (star) - I liked it as the original, but @Cobra's edit has improved it. Nice concept and well executed.

Thanks Tim ! Appreciate your comments

Your lone star is very pretty indeed against that lovely sky :)

Still got a few more ideas with the wifes crystal star ! Thanks for your comment Emma

Great idea for "lone" great focus and DoF, and brilliant colours.

Thanks Bernd, appreciate your time to comment

A novel idea mate, for me it really needs a dark night sky in the background to make it work, but hey the camera was out, the grey matter challenged and theme ticked (y)

Thanks Dean

Love the Hidden shot. Well find and spot on focus.

Like your idea for Lone star, very different from most others. and well done to @Cobra for the edit work.

Thanks Dean, still got some ideas with this star

Looks beautifully 3-dimensional hanging against that sky. Great novel choice for the theme too.

Thanks Carl appreciated

I love the Lone star against the blue sky Chris, not sure if it would work so well in the dark as crystal really needs light to work (I think) but hey, you may well prove me wrong ...I think it's a smasher :clap:

Thanks Susie, really want to try with a dark sky just to see

Thanks all for taking the time to view and comment very much appreciated Chris

Gone a little mad with the last two themes but here goes

Fauna, had an hr to two at a local nature reserve. I wanted to find an English Dog Rose but no such luck so thought upload a few !

Fauna 1 by Chris_Pritchard1, on Flickr

Or

Fauna 4 by Chris_Pritchard1, on Flickr

Or

Fauna 2 by Chris_Pritchard1, on Flickr

Fauna 5 by Chris_Pritchard1, on Flickr

And finally Static

Static by Chris_Pritchard1, on Flickr

Got to sort Technology and Camouflage ! I know really struggling with these two

Thanks for looking Chris

Last edited:
It's got to be number 4 for me Chris for Fauna, really like the DoF on them nettles, and such a great subject choice :D (same as mine) - and that bench is great stuck in them bushes, I like the crop on that one two, dead centre on the horizontal but low on the vertical, works very well :)

Last edited:
It's got to be number 4 for me Chris for Fauna, really like the DoF on them nettles, and such a great subject choice :D (same as mine) - and that bench is great stuck in them bushes :)

Thanks Dean, I got stung to hell as well. Tried to get close ! Great minds think alike ;) Your poppy shots are definite favourites of mine

Back