weekly Cobra's 52 surreptitious Shoe-horns for 2016 week 52 celebrate and done

The one on the black background is definitely the best IMO; the camouflage didn't really work (because it did work, if you see what I mean) but coming out of the darkness is equally menacing.

The one on the black background is definitely the best IMO; the camouflage didn't really work (because it did work, if you see what I mean) but coming out of the darkness is equally menacing.
Cheers Nick (y)
And yeah I do see what you mean, it kinda muted the subject too much :(

Bloomin heck, those reshoots are on another level.

I like number 2 best. 1 is good also, but can't help feel that low key is used too often as a"safe" default choice. Number 2 however says look at me, and of course we get to see all the details which is a bonus

The Leopard is beautiful as for the other predator I prefer the re shoots the second is clean and clear but I like the first it is more sinister.

Hi Cobra ....really glad you did the reshoots, definitely much more effective with the plain backgrounds #1 looks more menacing but #2 shows much nicer detail, so I like them both. Leopard shot is fab by the way :)
Thanks Susie, TBH I'm glad I did a re-shoot too :D

Bloomin heck, those reshoots are on another level.
I like number 2 best. 1 is good also, but can't help feel that low key is used too often as a"safe" default choice. Number 2 however says look at me, and of course we get to see all the details which is a bonus
Thanks Jason, I quite like "low key stuff, but I understand what you are saying :)
Re shoot #1 is a fantastic picture, love it :)
The Leopard is beautiful as for the other predator I prefer the re shoots the second is clean and clear but I like the first it is more sinister.
Thanks for the kind comments guys (y)

I do like the def leppard pun, but only because something similar crossed my mind :D

The reshoot definitely helped and the first of the two are my favourite. The background just still isn't right in the last one for me.

I like the reshoot. Both amazing shots and though I love the look of #1, I think the detail in #2 really encapsulates the theme.

The leopard made a very fed up MMM lol, so thanks for that. It's also a great pic too (y)

Glad you did the reshoot though as they are two absolutely cracking images. The first just edges it for me though :clap::clap::clap:

I do like the def leppard pun, but only because something similar crossed my mind :D
The reshoot definitely helped and the first of the two are my favourite. The background just still isn't right in the last one for me.
I really should think about getting some backgrounds this year, that's just black patterned wallpaper with some photoshoppery.
I was wondering what you can come up with this week for the Metal theme but your originality never fails me! :) Photographic wise love the shot. Clean, sharp and spot on focus.
I like the reshoot. Both amazing shots and though I love the look of #1, I think the detail in #2 really encapsulates the theme.
Just catching up with all the ones i've somehow missed !
Re-shoot 1 for me - lovely and moody - as a slight aside the leopard made me smirk - pity you changed it :p ;)
The leopard made a very fed up MMM lol, so thanks for that. It's also a great pic too (y)
Glad you did the reshoot though as they are two absolutely cracking images. The first just edges it for me though :clap::clap::clap:
Thank you kindly guy's, ( in a none gender sense as always) I'm glad the Leopard made you smile (y)

Mr Cobra - the re-shoots of the Predator are good! I started off preferring the black background but for some reason the one below with the lighter background seems to be sharper with more detail on my monitor, so that one gets my vote. Not sure if it's to do with lighting or not. I remember seeing them a few years ago and kept meaning to purchase one then but never got round to it. Thanks to your submission and a quick Google search, your images are about to cost me £60 - plenty of choice on Ebay. Can I bill you directly?

Best,
David

Cobra Hi, didnt spot your image in the image thread, liking the idea you chose, I must admit i like the re-shoots the best. Good luck completing your 52

Re-shoot in colour for me as more in theme.

Thanks to your submission and a quick Google search, your images are about to cost me £60 - plenty of choice on Ebay. Can I bill you directly?
PMSL sorry about that, although actually its my son's so you'd best bill him :D
He has the Alien one too, but it seemed to have come second in the last fight. ( God knows how he broke it ? )
Cobra Hi, didnt spot your image in the image thread, liking the idea you chose, I must admit i like the re-shoots the best. Good luck completing your 52
Re-shoot in colour for me as more in theme.
Difficult choice between the re-shoots, I like the reflection and the moody look of #1 but I think #2 edges it for me, really like the detail in it.

Thanks for dropping by and commenting guys (y)

Chris, no one does a shoehorn quite like you do! although I am just waiting for the right weather to attempt my own ;)

I like the colour version of the re-shoot can't say why it just grabs me.

Yup - reshoot version in black with the subtle reflection nailed it - nicely done!

Hi
Leopard pun made me smile.
Prefer the first reshoot as the model got lost in the busy background in first photo.

Cheetah would have worked for me Chris, given your groanworthy write up ( :p ), however the second reshoot of the Predator is a belter.
Love it.

Cheetah would have worked for me Chris, given your groanworthy write up ( :p ), however the second reshoot of the Predator is a belter.
Love it.
Cheers Ruth (y)

Well Captive would have been far too easy ... but I decided to take the hard line ;)
No Aslan's I mean Spike's were harmed in the making of this production.
Captive-Aslana.jpg

In fact Spike seemed to be amused by the whole thing
(yes another opportunity to slide in a gob shot :D)

Spike.jpg

And soon went back to sleep

Spike-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice idea for the theme, but Narnia is a colorful place so I am not convinced on the B&W treatment. I do love the added detail of the rope around the sticks though :)

Nice idea for the theme, but Narnia is a colorful place so I am not convinced on the B&W treatment.
But it was a dark and sad place at that point :(
:D
I also have a colour version but it didn't seem to work as well TBH

Thanks for dropping by Ruth (y)

Captive-Aslan-colour.jpg

Are you on drugs? :eek:
No, I'm not allowed them any more :(

Just checking, that you have seen the lion witch and the wardrobe?
It makes even less sense if you haven't :D

Chris, you know, eventually they're just not going to let you in there anymore :LOL:

B&W version is the star for me @Cobra, as you say, it just doesn't seem to work in colour.
(y)
Cheers Tim, (y)
I was trying to make it even "darker", but that didn't quite work either :rolleyes:

Back