weekly Cobra's 52 surreptitious Shoe-horns for 2016 week 52 celebrate and done

Excellent idea and black and white for me, ropes look a little dodgy but better than I could do I'm sure, where are the mice gnawing at them, I am dissapointed:(

Hi Cobra, well done to you for not just choosing the obvious :) it's the B&W for me too, nicely done.
Thanks Susie :)

Excellent idea and black and white for me, ropes look a little dodgy but better than I could do I'm sure, where are the mice gnawing at them, I am dissapointed:(
Agreed on the ropes, they never quite seem to blend in properly, no matter what I did :(
I did add mice, but that looked wrong also so took them out again.
Thanks for stopping by Allan (y)

I think you get away with the ropes in the B&W version, but the colour one just doesn't work for me.
Good interpretation and use of photoshop for the theme. :)

Hi Cobra I to like the B/W this is put together very well apart from the rope, but I see the humour in this maybe take away the rope and put up a little fence saying keep out loll
overall the lighting and tones are great.:clap:

Nice photo, really like the black and white :)
Thanks Sam (y)
Hi Cobra I to like the B/W this is put together very well apart from the rope, but I see the humour in this maybe take away the rope and put up a little fence saying keep out loll
overall the lighting and tones are great.:clap:
That was a real PITA to get right ( the rope) and I agree, I didn't completely succeed either, perhaps I'll try again on the 1st re-shoot
Thanks for the comments Michael (y)

Another fun shot and another animal, well no surprise there Chris but must try harder on the PS next time. :)
Lol & thanks for dropping by Stan (y)

That predator figure is something on its own! Either way I really liked the blacked out one, great choice for the theme and the use of B&W is great and credits that clear reflection

:plus1:

Oscar

That predator figure is something on its own! Either way I really liked the blacked out one, great choice for the theme and the use of B&W is great and credits that clear reflection

:plus1:

Oscar
Cheers Oscar (y)

(although its not B&W just low key :) )

Re-shoot first image is a firm winner for me. Really like the hint of reflection and the black surrounding him, like he's emerging from the abyss.
Not so keen on the original shot with the camo bg though for me, think I'd like it to have more depth.

Your big cat shots are stunning by the way, where are they?

Hi I like the colour lion without the ropes. Sometimes pictures of animals from zoos can be overwhelming. Yours seems to show a more playful side, maybe rolling for a belly rub haha,

Re-shoot first image is a firm winner for me. Really like the hint of reflection and the black surrounding him, like he's emerging from the abyss.
Not so keen on the original shot with the camo bg though for me, think I'd like it to have more depth.Your big cat shots are stunning by the way, where are they?
I agree the Camo background never did work out, but I thought it was a good idea at the time. :D
Most of the cat shots are taken at Whipsnade Bedfordshire, which BTW if you are local? I have a nutters meet there next Sat all are welcome.
Thanks for dropping by Mark (y)

Hi I like the colour lion without the ropes. Sometimes pictures of animals from zoos can be overwhelming. Yours seems to show a more playful side, maybe rolling for a belly rub haha,
LOL thanks Lee, I only included that one to show it was the same lion

I love the creativity behind your Aslan shot - b&w works best for me.
Thanks Emma :)

B&W for me...yeah, you must get a lot of, "It's him...again!" ;) Cheers.
Yep I get that all the time Andy :D
Thanks for dropping by :)

Ohhh, I found the image disturbing...nothing to do with the quality (naturally!), just the subject matter. I like the way folk come up with different ideas for the topics and are brave enough to put these ideas into effect, wish I was clever enough, maybe I'll get there! Great take on the topic, well executed.

Best wishes,
David

Ohhh, I found the image disturbing...nothing to do with the quality (naturally!), just the subject matter.
Its OK Aslan's double, AKA Spike was fine :D

Thanks for your kind comments David (y)

I agree that the b/w works well and IIRC (although it's probably 40 years since I read them) Narnia was a very dark and foreboding place at the beginning of the first book when it was in endless winter. Well done for surprising us all with the unexpected! :clap:

I agree that the b/w works well and IIRC (although it's probably 40 years since I read them) Narnia was a very dark and foreboding place at the beginning of the first book when it was in endless winter. Well done for surprising us all with the unexpected! :clap:
Thanks for your kind comments Elaine (y)
And yes that's how I remember Narnia too!

Second one for me. Have you got a number for his hairdresser?

Second one for me. Have you got a number for his hairdresser?
0800 9666 BABE :D
Cheers David (y)

WOW !!! - Look at you being all photshoperyfied :D
Nice idea Chris, I too would like to see the color version though ??
Tis there Dean post #73
The followup shots as good as usual too, they really must know you by sight as much as the keepers by now !!!!
They just put their heads in there hands and weep .................... and that's just the animals :D

Thanks for dropping by mate (y)

Definitely the b&w version by a country mile. Light falls beautifully on the underbelly and face and the photoshoppery works better too. Imaginative too. :clap:

Good to see you here again, I will start by not offering serious crit lol as I love the humour behind your images and challenge :D
Thanks Mandy, I'm glad they amuse you (y)
Definitely the b&w version by a country mile. Light falls beautifully on the underbelly and face and the photoshoppery works better too. Imaginative too. :clap:
Thanks for your kind comments Carl (y)

B & W for me as well, always imagined this in a dark way when I read the book. no way I could get anywhere near this good with PS.
Cheers Steve (y)

Poor Spike, he gets abused almost as much as @posiview 's daughter :p
LOL poor Spike indeed :D

It's the low key version for me and the posing has obviously worn him out :D
Typical male he just lay's around all day letting the females do the work (y)
( surprised you didn't get that one in Jill :D )

Last edited:
The first one is very cool, like that allot !!
Care to talk us through the process?

Last edited:
Blooming quick off the mark ! Brilliant effect - must look at that link. #3 is my favourite. Great abstracts.

Blooming quick off the mark ! Brilliant effect - must look at that link. #3 is my favourite. Great abstracts.
Cheers Carl, I'm a bit busy this week-end so did it before I forgot :D

Back