weekly Cowboy 53 for 2015

a couple of nice shots there Mark, I think I prefer the second, I really like the way the crystals increase in size from the bottom to the top :)

It's a good start Mark - I think #2 would be my choice as I like the contrast and patterns in the crystals :)

I'm a bit torn between them really..... Like the tone of the second one and there's a lot going on it in pattern wise, but I think the angle and strength of the first one pips it to the post - nice!

Mark

For me the first stands out far better than the second. The pattern here is more geometric and just cleaner!

I'd try to get more depth of field in the first shot so as the front edge was in focus and of for more punchy edit with a little lore sharpness and contrast.

Great start though!

Mark

Welcome back Mark !!!

I'm liking both of them... really liking the angles on the first one (Thermalite Block ??) but prefering the detail and colour of the second, a cracking start as expected from you (y)

Cheers all :)

The first one is a sandstone block covered in frost, the second is just a macro of the ice crystals on my car.

prefer the first shot. it is the flow of the patterns and simplicity that does it.

HI Mark...good to see you back & we WILL see you at the finish line this year (y)

I'm gonna buck the trend & go for the 1st image simply because of it's simplicity.....lines going in one direction to a definite curved line where the pattern changes but it's only just visible......:)

#1 great start and my fav of the icy/frosty shots so far.
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

:clap:Welcome back Mark, hope you hang in there! Two nice shots to start, but my preference is for the frost - a lovely image With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

and another "welcome back Mark" :)

Liking #1 ... sandstone block eh! ... thought it was wood!

Some nice detail in the shot, my mouth is watering just looking at it.

Needs brown sauce to achieve perfection!!

:)

Otherwise a nice idea and a nice shot.

There's a lot of food appearing in this theme. .......

Wooooaahhhh, that's close :)

Like it. The detail is great and it's nicely lit. I'd like a nice clean BG, and the removal of the top part.

Cheers.

Good start to your 53 (I see what you did there ;)) Mark
Just a little more dof, but apart from that nicely lit and with a clean background sets the sandwich off well.

I do question your choice of filling though, cheese or bacon not both IMHO ;) well maybe not bacon either on account of me being vegetarian :D

Definitely bliss, could do with a dash of brown sauce though, as far as the image goes I agree that a slightly deeper DoF might work a bit better. Nice start.

Yep, it works for me. While I tend to agree that a little more DoF would be helpful, it certainly portrays Bliss. Good job Mark

oh that looks good Mark, as Darren says though, a couple of mushrooms would set it off nicely, but otherwise spot on :)

Some nice detail in the shot, my mouth is watering just looking at it.

Mine too :)

Beat me to it, I had the idea in the week, just waiting for today to shoot it.

Very Shallow DOF, might have liked the front of the cob to be in focus too but ah what the hell.

Thanks. Yours has a bit more in it though :)

Needs brown sauce to achieve perfection!!

:)

Otherwise a nice idea and a nice shot.

There's a lot of food appearing in this theme. .......

Cheers, mmmm brown sauce.

Must admit the bacon butty is my idea of bliss.
Just needs a few mushrooms and the cheese melted.... pure bliss.

Nice shot.

No mushrooms ta :)

Wooooaahhhh, that's close :)

Like it. The detail is great and it's nicely lit. I'd like a nice clean BG, and the removal of the top part.

Cheers.

Ta muchly :)

It was just too good an opportunity to miss, before I ate it :)

Bliss - yum yum, nice close up shot sharp where it needs to be good work.

Ta

Good start to your 53 (I see what you did there ;)) Mark
Just a little more dof, but apart from that nicely lit and with a clean background sets the sandwich off well.

I do question your choice of filling though, cheese or bacon not both IMHO ;) well maybe not bacon either on account of me being vegetarian :D

Thanks.

The dof was hopefully just enough to focus the eye on the bacon rather than the whole sandwich but it seems the general consensus is a touch too shallow :)

I couldn't be a vegetarian though, I like my bacon way too much :D

Hi, I'm not sure what 2 is when looking at the EXIF data, but it is soft. It does seem on a tilt, but I like the vignette.

Cheers.

Definitely bliss, could do with a dash of brown sauce though, as far as the image goes I agree that a slightly deeper DoF might work a bit better. Nice start.

Yep, it works for me. While I tend to agree that a little more DoF would be helpful, it certainly portrays Bliss. Good job Mark

Definitely Bliss. All it needs is a touch more DoF for me on the top part of the bun - and some brown sauce of course :D

oh that looks good Mark, as Darren says though, a couple of mushrooms would set it off nicely, but otherwise spot on :)

mmmm…. that looks bliss… Great Shot!

Ta very much :)

I can taste that from here, its very well presented.

I'm surprised that you resisted and didn't take a bite out of it first TBH :D

Looks very tasty but it feels a little too tightly cropped at the top for my taste but I don't have a problem with the shallow DOF. And my fave is with tomato sauce and mushrooms :p

Back