weekly d00d's 52 in 2015 ... Week 51 & 52

Blimey .... Andy and Allan I am so pleased you both like it.

Brian, thanks .. it's total garbage, I know.

and susie ... perfect? well, as you say ... different ideas ... bring 'em on. (y)

I like that as an image David even without a link to the Pale theme. Nice texture, placement and colour highlight amid the greay.

Hi David, been a while :)

Entertain - Although the story behind it screams entertainment I think it lacks the impact linking to the theme that I need when I first look at it. Having said that though, I do find myself looking at it and finding all the details, very sharp and colourful image.

Spiral - i saw this on my phone and though wow! so sharp and as said before the whole spiral isn't captured but its not needed and instantly pulls you into the spiral and the thought in your head of the continuation of the structure. great job!

Silhouette - more of a silhouette than I did and spot on theme, but i think i would crop off the empty space a bit

Animal - Different take on theme, great colour and detail. spot on!

Medical - On theme! sharp what more do you need, I like the scattered feel of the tablets amongst the tight uniformed structure of the packet. Its a really great image.

Proverb - prefer the photo frame (i think thats no.#2) the DOF is spot on and the other frames in the background adds context! Great Shot!

Pale - can't get paler, great composition.

(y) Thanks guys .... not least nathan for your commenting catch-up, I appreciate it. :)

Week 30 - Tear
DSC_0017.JPG

Hi d00d, top marks for attention to detail the lines are perfect, I think you could get away with cropping the top to emphasise the tear a little more

Thanks Allan :) ... I know what you mean about emphasising the tear a little more ... I'd like to by zooming right in to the tear but I actually think all those lines are somewhat more interesting. :thinking:

EDIT ... re the "attention to detail the lines are perfect" ... it's just a torn top sheaf of a writing pad ... inverted.

Last edited:
Thanks Allan :) ... I know what you mean about emphasising the tear a little more ... I'd like to by zooming right in to the tear but I actually think all those lines are somewhat more interesting. :thinking:

EDIT ... re the "attention to detail the lines are perfect" ... it's just a torn top sheaf of a writing pad ... inverted.

Right I didn't mean zoom right in to the tear but I would have cropped some off the top of the image I maybe should have explained myself a little better

as for attention to detail it looks like you had 2 pieces of paper on top of each other and you had aligned them perfectly, I didn't realise they where done for you

Hi David. A nice image; the inversion enhanced the interest factor. Also like the light/shadow above and below the torn section of paper.

Hi David. A nice image; the inversion enhanced the interest factor. Also like the light/shadow above and below the torn section of paper.
Hi David - very nice indeed,love the stripes and the inclusion of the sheet below, that curve is really effective, and the way you have lit it... super image (y)
Thanks guys(y) .... I was pleased with it but needed to add interests factor, was idly clicking on different effects and suddenly BINGO ... Invert Colours, an effect one rarely uses, I thought looked really cool. :cool:

Bit of catching up to do here, but the highlights for me are the first spiral staircase - smashing composition and the yellow edges really add to the image - and Tear which is so subtle in its colours, but so effective with the lines going in different directions :clap:

Bit of catching up to do here, but the highlights for me are the first spiral staircase - smashing composition and the yellow edges really add to the image - and Tear which is so subtle in its colours, but so effective with the lines going in different directions :clap:
Thanks Elaine ... theyre two of my faves too.

Like it. Simple and nice soft light. The lines also work very well. I like the brighter section best of all.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy

Saw Weeks 31: Words, went out to the garden and my shirts are drying in the wilderness as the sun is disappearing round the side of the house, I sat down and thought words hmmm .... then spotted this:

week31%2Bwords.jpg

Last edited:
I like that David. There's an element of covertness about the image - peeking at a neighbours washing line - that the foliage alludes to. Lighting is good and the subject nicely sharp. Excellent start to this weeks theme. :clap:

OOOhh I really like this and I would never have come up with that. love have you have made the image really colourful too....I like colour :banana:

I like that David. There's an element of covertness about the image - peeking at a neighbours washing line - that the foliage alludes to. Lighting is good and the subject nicely sharp. Excellent start to this weeks theme. :clap:

Thanks Carl ... nicely sharp ... but I wish the writing was a bit clearer, Custom Fit is clear when zooming in but I wanted to show plenty of shirt.

Not the first time this shirt has made an appearance: it's featured in Experiment.

OOOhh I really like this and I would never have come up with that. love have you have made the image really colourful too....I like colour :banana:
Thank you Laura ... I didn't come up with it, it's just something I spotted. I like coming up with things so might post a second very different pic this week.

Laura ... you like colour! Have you looked at your "Set Picture Control"? ... try Vivid. ;)

Last edited:
Hey d00d ....whoop whoop for Tear ....I love it :clap: super idea ...'inversion' o_O it's time I got back into doing some creative editing methinks ...it looks great.

Words ...crikey I've only just found the theme ...that was quick ...wonderful 'thinking outside the box' smashing bright colour and the OOF foliage frames it up perfectly .

Hey susie ... good to see you, hope all's well.:)

I'm pleased you like Tear, and Words yes not like me to post on a Friday! As said above, I may post a Words #2, something very different.

Last edited:
Tear; this I like very much. :clap: Like the angle of the stripes, the lighting behind the torn part and the matching patterns underneath.

Words; I wasn't too sure at first but after reading up your explanations I thought that was a great idea. The sun light just on the label, using the foliage as framing and of course the inspiration behind the shot.

Thanks Stan & DK (y)

I like to spend time planning my weekly pic, and the above took no thought, setting up or processing, so you're getting a totally unrelated second offering ... see below.

Last edited:
Week 31 ... Eat My Own Words ...

Words #2
week31%2Bwords3.jpg

Last edited:
Hi David, I really like the first "words". I like that it tells a story, I immediately knew that the shirt was hanging upside down in the garden to dry. Bravo!

pst... I think "stalker" Carl would have preferred some knickers instead! :LOL:

Hi, that image of the plate is excellent, love the colours excellent composition too. not sure about the shirt :thinking:

Hi David, I really like the first "words". I like that it tells a story, I immediately knew that the shirt was hanging upside down in the garden to dry. Bravo!

@Brian_of_Bozeat :LOL::ROFLMAO:

That remark is really below the belt ..... in so many ways :naughty: ha ha.

How come I missed Word #2 ? Could almost be a submission for Proverb. Nicely thought out and great composition. :clap:

Interesting comments ... thanks guys. (y)

Re Words #2 WB/colour ... I've been playing with Hue & Saturation to make it like the blue tables and funny coloured plates at our local Tapas Bar.

Here's the SOOC after a little crop.

Could almost be a submission for Proverb. Nicely thought out and great composition. :clap:

Cheers. Maybe there should be a proverb behind all the pics we post ... make the game more interesting. :LOL:

Hello David, I'm back :banana::banana::banana:

Tear, love it and an inspired inversion (y)

Words - I like the voyeuristic feel of the first and, as has already been pointed out, the second one would have worked for Proverb too.

:banana::banana::banana: ... good to see you back Jill ... nice inspirational comments too, thanks.

Proverb #1 is nice. The adventurous processing, while being pretty subjective, lifts it out of regular street shot territory. Nicely composed, and a good idea (until you get busted).
I really like the lack of contrast in Pale, bang on theme, and the little bit of lilac just gives it something.
Tear is a bit special. The lighting is great and I love the way the lines line up. Makes me think of Tron for some reason.
The muted colours in Word #2 work well. NIce take on the theme.

Hi there David,

Tear: What a stunning photo. Very simple but very well executed (y)
Words: 1. I like the shot with the light pooling on the words. It doesn't quite sit well with the theme for me though. 2. Good shot that really works. Great composition.

Back