weekly d00d's 52 in 2015 ... Week 51 & 52

Very well arranged David - quite artistic, should have them framed. Lovely subtle red staining on the corks - many enjoyable hours represented here I suspect. :clap: Enjoy your break - all good wishes.

Last edited:
Week 50 is where my year ends, I'm off to Portugal in a couple of days, back in 2016:D.
Any excuse to whimp out of what will be the hardest 2 weeks of the year :D

.... a few corks found lying around got Organised today ... cheers
A few he says! you have been busy :D

Nicely organised David, and enjoy your break (y)

Edit, I'd better say it,
its a corker of an image :D

Last edited:
Great Shot David .... You Lucky bugger;) Have you really drunk that lot! No wonder your happy:D
Have a Great Holiday Mate
Like the ends of the cork tinged with red.... Nice sharp shot well exposed(y)
Thanks BTW for all your support and comment throughout 52, I could always rely on a comment from you even when I didn't make it round to comment on your thread.... Appreciate that(y):)

Very well arranged David - quite artistic, should have them framed. Lovely subtle red staining on the corks - many enjoyable hours represented here I suspect. :clap: Enjoy your break - all good wishes.

Cheers Carl ... The arrangement would be a bit tighter if the corks were fractionally shorter, these are longer than yer average cork. Seasons greetings from the d00ds (y)

Any excuse to whimp out of what will be the hardest 2 weeks of the year :D

A few he says! you have been busy :D

Nicely organised David, and enjoy your break (y)

Edit, I'd better say it,
its a corker of an image :D
It's gonna be even harder for me ... all that catching up when I get back :hungover: Thanks and .... Seasons greetings from the d00ds (y)

Hi d00d, just a few days worth then, works well, enjoy Portugal (y)
Thanks Allan ... Seasons greetings from the d00ds (y)

Enjoy your holidays @d00d.
That's a strong image to end your year with :)
Cheers Tim .... Seasons greetings from the d00ds (y)

That's a really excellent shot again d00d, very eye catching, love the composition, it works so well, I agree with Carl that would look great on your wall.

Have a brilliant holiday in the sunshine ....enjoy every minute :)
Thank you susie dear ... been throwing those corks in a spare kitchen draw for years, or was it months, and when Organised was pulled out of the hat I'd saved just about the right amount. The arrangement could be tidier. Hmmm not sure it's tidy enough for the wall. Thanks again and ... Seasons greetings from the d00ds (y)

Very nice. Have a good Xmas and we'll see you in the new year(y)
Cheers Brian ... the first time I used a flash of any description. Nothing technical: just stuck the Speedlight on top, switched it on, selected Fill Flash - 3.0 on the camera, and fired. Gave the corks a nice rich hue. Seasons greetings from the d00ds (y)

:clap::clap::clap: Organised indeed... One of my favourite shots this week! Have a great holiday, David! :wave:
wow Nora more OTT appraisal ... thanks and .... Seasons greetings from the d00ds (y)

Great Shot David .... You Lucky bugger;) Have you really drunk that lot! No wonder your happy:D
Have a Great Holiday Mate
Like the ends of the cork tinged with red.... Nice sharp shot well exposed(y)
Thanks BTW for all your support and comment throughout 52, I could always rely on a comment from you even when I didn't make it round to comment on your thread.... Appreciate that(y):)

Cheers mate ... I think I've commented on just about all the pics, albeit briefly. You're the one with comments more meaningful. Hope you're in for '16.

Seasons greetings from the d00ds (y)

Last edited:
Thanks David(y)
Due to my epic fail of recent weeks wondering if I should commit to another 52.... We'll see maybe the Christmas Sprit might change my mind!;)
Have a good one
Steve

To catch up and finish the year off, a couple from Portugal.

Week 51 ... making a Living ...
zKcKiSmqrNNRpz-9HM5Ba3GG7bDjH5AfLjC-CUG_uRUQUsmyki_gy8ldfX6xd99pbgKDGiNTUTT9uc4KoJ3YUpTvJ9NKoKfY0PGS6wULynYGZaRSNbcguAUszdp9ovvVwNTRf_jo1IcrGXCTFfR9Nis8u7MLUC5GBJysnRupzb82EmmDYmPJIthy9i42jEe636kZ1_hlT5zwiGQCj6Q9RS3IoblGuhaRGmts0LypS0C4OvdOgEREGha3LaMj8-qs4HRpXG1zfovB9-Uh8mX2b2_TtP24YCzGTaXETyQk2t45qqBXV-yYZDq54r324ldup9Tx2L6VpIgXdEi03H0ZTAFYBVU2wi7VW7CI8KzAranyG41G_G_p0BYfAgFrt0_YkdpEovvsHlaFAZIoOZo03AY7e7x82-Ah4hApv2qxZCk_iIgIgqO_11HA7t9UBpgcYJkRCzmzTZ85xILJeQsh5IStUuYFU63fJWGqfMejfC2Bluure9nZu0bOPKFx5HTW1kPcnXAkFUPTUTr_JwzNd50n8PqBKK_9GjOeJra5HiqlUGxJp4rDgh3CkyEsQGZG-cgY=w1557-h849-no

Week 52 (the prop cost 85 c) Christmas
XwFkam4lx5ecpN8FyyKej3heCZXhMNNL-6mXUbHt6eOFWHdbKCx3CvZoxPZFzwdabKnVa1JXWmJXaAXKjHlNSkPaTfV1ouzp9TlGjZwK4Xaxu5huSC7jY0lXLyfIERrDM9hqIvbcy89nHvuLYiUHHKJe79nTF9EmOLso_cks4Ia2Ts7_fvk9yjXCYMkLB8gA9I-gr056_mI2eOqkVsElz1ovuWvGr02uAl6DyH33dIz974bmxyYK9pxEKDWsCxVwgwB4Wb5mCyG7CBT1lFsZilRKf4oxswcF-Zo5b5DweRh_w3qM5LHf3Uyfpmw3gpBWIBHL0FzzalXFfzHzbLtxwv3XjcAVUtHQT_AJZ6-wWTAGhnjlwSEkipEXoLT_SnT3_tL8fo3LQsqpLh_MHQcZCX9sDK9kuYWSVxkeGeI-mR2oIDUfEX3sEijcCPH1AbVi9QGoWk0TNdruWRRNVRPG3GkmbaJLInRuKHYkmUmZCLaUzJilecTz5xCwedle2exaVIThR-RIg5ZoKQ9EzqAdr-8CGK69Ebwjw1AZnJ1AUm2MwOEuZ6WlMCgJkJ0teYdr2rKl=w1077-h849-no

Hi David. Two colourful shots to complete - well done. Both on theme of course; I like #1 in particular because of the subject's interaction with the camera. :clap:.

Hi there Carl & Susie (y)

Christmas is bright & colourful because I used on-camera HDR "Art Vivid"! Taken in Lisbon with the apartment block in the BG where we stayed for a couple of days.

Living, taken in Algarve, as the sun was about to set, spot metering on the busker but BG right was blown. So jiggery-pokery in PP with a thin layer of pale blue ... cheating maybe, but I'm rather pleased with the result.

EDIT ... Cheers Stan. (y)

Last edited:
Missed these somehow,
I love the busker and the way you have positioned him in the frame
And LOL at Santa, a nice seasonal finish (y)

Hi d00d nice finish to the year especially the mad looking busker, hope you had a good Christmas/new year

Missed these somehow,
I love the busker and the way you have positioned him in the frame
And LOL at Santa, a nice seasonal finish (y)
Thanks Hissy

Hi d00d nice finish to the year especially the mad looking busker, hope you had a good Christmas/new year
Thanks Allan ... and yes a good time was had by all. (y)

Glad to see you got finished David, and with a couple of nice vibrant images, the blue is a bit too heavy for my liking, but very nicely executed :clap:

... see you in the 2016 threads
and thanks DK ... yes the blue is a bit OTT almost cartoon-like. I could have been more subtle and said nothing. ;)

Back