weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

I love a good tube photo! Kudos for the very steady hand, motion blur vs static platform (and person) works a treat.

And clever idea to get rid of the rest of your Bentley with the vignette!
Thanks Bernd. Yes it was handheld @ 0.6 second at the end where the tube enters so is still going quite fast. I've done a few tube shots over the years, in fact this is a reshoot, more or less same positioning, of something I did last year. It's an improvement so I'm pleased.

One hell of a vignette on the Bentley there d00d, well captured, but not as visually enticing as your Hammersmith shot.
These train in motion shots are always fun to look at. I would hazard a guess that it's District line stock, but it's not easy to tell.
It was good of your 'model' to stand reasonably still to allow you to have her just about in focus...
Thanks Tim .. yes District line out to Ealing or somewhere ... red on the front, grey on the sides.

There's lots to like about the Bentley wheel, David, but like the guys above I do love the motion and impact in the first image. The red streaks add drama, and you've composed perfectly to balance that red with the bright sign on the left, with the obliging lady finishing it all off (y) (y)

I need another trip to London!

Liking the train shot for transport David, although I think the Bentley wheel would have been my pic if the badge was upright and either square cropped or set off to one side, sorry but OCD will not permit me to accept that :D

But still, great movement of the tube train and like the close in and acute angle of the Hammersmith sign, nice one (y)

Like the tube shot in particularly the contrasting of the train motion and the static waiting passenger.

Your idea with the Bentley wheel is nice too. perfectly lit and with the rim being darker than the centre. Being a bit picky, I would like the letter B the correct way up but then again you can't really ask the shopping centre staff to move the car for you.

First is well caught but I'd pick the second because I think it says a lot about transport in a very clean elegant image

There's lots to like about the Bentley wheel, David, but like the guys above I do love the motion and impact in the first image. The red streaks add drama, and you've composed perfectly to balance that red with the bright sign on the left, with the obliging lady finishing it all off (y) (y)

I need another trip to London!
Liking the train shot for transport David, although I think the Bentley wheel would have been my pic if the badge was upright and either square cropped or set off to one side, sorry but OCD will not permit me to accept that :D

But still, great movement of the tube train and like the close in and acute angle of the Hammersmith sign, nice one (y)
Like the tube shot in particularly the contrasting of the train motion and the static waiting passenger.

Your idea with the Bentley wheel is nice too. perfectly lit and with the rim being darker than the centre. Being a bit picky, I would like the letter B the correct way up but then again you can't really ask the shopping centre staff to move the car for you.
First is well caught but I'd pick the second because I think it says a lot about transport in a very clean elegant image
Thanks all (y)

I love my train shot but - I think 1 or 2 of you have pointed out - the wheel is just such a damned clever interpretation of the theme ... so had to include it. I was expecting complications from the OCDs amongst us. ;):D

Transport
#1 for me, great movement with the train and not too many people on the platform :)

Transport
#1 for me, great movement with the train and not too many people on the platform :)
Thanks Dominic ... yes I captured some with more people, some with less, some half a second too soon, some half a second too late ....

Lots to that David, nice and close on the LHS, POI with the passenger and motion blur...and you're almost at 5,000 :)
Cheers.
Cheers Andy ...@5000 I'm a chatterbox, it's official.

Great tube shot David - so well framed with the station sign in the foreground and very impressive motion blur handheld (y)
Thank you Emma. I did have my elbow on the tube map, which may have helped. I got lots of blur with camera set at 6/10 sec so not too slow.

(y)

Two great shots David. I like both for different reasons. I like the Hammersmith shot because of the sharpness considering the slow shutter speed.Good colours and lead in lines to the passenger too.
I like the wheel for the simplicity. As others have said, my OCD would have done some cropping and rotating on the 'B' though ;)

Two great shots David. I like both for different reasons. I like the Hammersmith shot because of the sharpness considering the slow shutter speed.Good colours and lead in lines to the passenger too.
I like the wheel for the simplicity. As others have said, my OCD would have done some cropping and rotating on the 'B' though ;)
Thank you Lee ... good to hear from you, glad you like them . (y)

Week 22 ~ Minimalistic

Museum plinths & table

Jt0ucA2wzq1GQ1RlET24WPB_uRu2ZIt9j4e1psaWEGugNIwR0fBZ1ZvMRpBBoG990zd4E8wuqKHQZ3c4JgFIHDvUU1mOpILidvXRKS4nUDNpK4LIcTSzB9Xrv54-RgZkmDo2EMbeNpRB_C3tLxIFCUYP8y5-AKhL-HAH6ax9cC_5svo0qBGIMcD-T3DkKT_Nuo0ztqSotOANsVyA4LMlH3cIo56ID8cvj_CHxoDlQYAgTg4odL7xinxXeQDW1pyQ0jvxeA9UxJhdmWx0O5ndI9xjFzI9N-iyGP3WZgIUVNllFF6yGxdV0WZI1CX3sqX8jBaDjphBAFFp8Vb7PXhbCkHiNqJUqYzTn39knSYhE656mthNEqrfQwIlUNylgZkT4sHqZ_WB6SiofixBjsn-nNcg2ARAvg2QRQNzs54SLZ675voEKzH5vhadC32fC8sOZPnEiXjpUvtgFsgqX-gC6XQnYSjzfp_0m6Ah8z_hLxhwqqk3jaUodV9CEBbFxLKMj5Zwpo2A8Rd5SxUsVTDB9091oLcJtkpbgifZg-oWtzGuaruKV-yaKdf2DYPBXG46vwmKUw_NzmuSvF8xPXaJlgOaWNRz8dGUnOSDe2i5HYhA-WHfWxNq=w1410-h887-no

Last edited:
Starting to try and catch up on my commenting as it's been a few weeks!

Large - Like the capture and it tells and interesting story, well noticed as it's the sort of thing we all see around us but often filter out.
Architecture - I like all the different angles going on in the shot
Broken - I'm liking the old stonework and the textures on it, feel it could have done with a bit more seperation from the leaves behind.
Transport - Two good shots but I very much like the clean simplicity of the Bentley wheel and the crooked B doesn't bother me, in fact I quite like it.
Minimal - Again well seen, I like the way you have framed it with the nearer plinth blocking the end of the other one.

Love your minimal, but slightly annoyed the wall under the table shows a different colour - shadow maybe ?
Great concept and compo, and if the wall was that colour, then so be it, nice shot....

Captivating image for minimal, could almost be a painting, really, really like it. the low angle to loose the table top really makes it for me :clap:

Hi d00d, super train shot, love the blurry train flying through, your Bentley was nearly a minimal too :) really nicely done.

Well spotted in the museum, it looks as if it was placed specially for you!
Thanks susie dear ... "it looks as if it was placed specially for you!" ... nice composition, you mean! ;)

Starting to try and catch up on my commenting as it's been a few weeks!

Large - Like the capture and it tells and interesting story, well noticed as it's the sort of thing we all see around us but often filter out.
Architecture - I like all the different angles going on in the shot
Broken - I'm liking the old stonework and the textures on it, feel it could have done with a bit more seperation from the leaves behind.
Transport - Two good shots but I very much like the clean simplicity of the Bentley wheel and the crooked B doesn't bother me, in fact I quite like it.
Minimal - Again well seen, I like the way you have framed it with the nearer plinth blocking the end of the other one.
Thank you Steve for the kind observations. And yes I must reshoot Broken with a bit of OOF. (y)

Very minimal and clinical well spotted
Love your minimal, but slightly annoyed the wall under the table shows a different colour - shadow maybe ?
Great concept and compo, and if the wall was that colour, then so be it, nice shot....
Thanks guys ... I wish it was more clinical/clean ... the marble can look dirty. A couple of seconds earlier the sun was out from behind a cloud beaming through the glass roof showing much more shadow.

Captivating image for minimal, could almost be a painting, really, really like it. the low angle to loose the table top really makes it for me :clap:
Nice shot for minimalistic David, all the colours go well together plus I like the gap on the LHS :)
Thanks guys ... (y)

Last edited:
#Iamstillhere :)

I like the inclusion of the RHS even though it effects the minimal effect.

Thanks @ #Iamstillhere

Do you mean the LHS? I guess the ultimate minimal shot (of this sort) would be no table, just the two plinths but that would only work successfully with OCF back between them.

THIS is the sort of thing I was really on the lookout for. Or it's certainly a pic that inspired me.

Last edited:
Hi David, catching up once again! Not sure I would know it was large from the picture but a great spot of the girls in the boat. Not sure they are enjoying the ride tho, they seem far too interested in their phones:( Your angel is certainly very broken, she looks very sorry for herself. Love transport, just that one lady waiting as the train rushes through leaving her behind and minimalism is just perfect for the theme, exactly what I saw when searching the net for inspiration well done for spotting it :)

Transport - Nice 'train-in-motion' shot and I quite like the abstractness of the wheel too.

Minimalist - Thats nice, the verticals are good-as too which is important in that shot and the tones and lighting are really nice and even. Well done.

I really like your photo for "minimalistic", great composition, nothing to criticise!

Hi David, catching up once again! Not sure I would know it was large from the picture but a great spot of the girls in the boat. Not sure they are enjoying the ride tho, they seem far too interested in their phones:( Your angel is certainly very broken, she looks very sorry for herself. Love transport, just that one lady waiting as the train rushes through leaving her behind and minimalism is just perfect for the theme, exactly what I saw when searching the net for inspiration well done for spotting it :)
Thanks for all your kind words Missy. (y)
Yes shoehorn required for Large, it's just I took more on-theme shots of London's largest lake (looking large) but really liked the ladies in a boat so went with it.
Not sure I found the right thing for Minimalism but yes ... something along those lines.

Transport - Nice 'train-in-motion' shot and I quite like the abstractness of the wheel too.

Minimalist - Thats nice, the verticals are good-as too which is important in that shot and the tones and lighting are really nice and even. Well done.
Thanks Chris for the encouraging words. (y)
I really like your photo for "minimalistic", great composition, nothing to criticise!
Cheers Bernd (y)

Week 23 ~ Progress .... One foot in front of the other, even if it does say PEDESTRIANS WAIT.

6SyREM7nAfe93hGIaWmuQSxSnVTXeICrHutnMUMaN50tev-Bt5P8bZUx5cB1sLdLrG85mnlwJ-lTMvJkjjCthrosaRsteLsQZrcr1E5T44Jbz3Gw1XjwRV32P5c5s27SL7AujCBYAVEi8a-TcYbA-tBp7OCuFjCiSi594cnhVntzdAtkgfMrbVca654hnmZ4ZYEzXrBo_REP4sadNWK6NC2J4ULACPnBDxNNNHOouCPrxaos3cmhWBE9s99KYQ_fWAaLwr-g9WidWPrH_4FTFhnWPQZnQx4j3vjHqNpe6XE6jeya2ZDOi__r1d1X6m4_xn5-dCY_fR_zWhlvl3YjCLgWcTvT_cr-iIQy115kqnP4YVJJgFa-rIjhBcG0IBupwXJUFkgWHHKj4APt65Wy-L1vr0_QpTrFN49fRYhGTwV-CpWWETBk5KGwY8qE-Lph9XIhZg7GquRuuNl6YSqc9P91hXPcln1dwuQa7jOu1heeWDvUQesTLTjewPaNcnXSu0DXosOTskDJ3lZTCFLKDir7k_fJQ0_uGhAH7m5CCFuwA5sIH37v52aytlkl_abswmlvRP4qh1O3PNTkhv7QvWzBRHbcBgkHBnxBTXw9Ze93lKMHmV6D8OctPrB1S5O-HL9nCKxblvQhrU2l83V7jywa1jz0bm64Qe6rM50qyw=w1920-h879-no

This one leaves me confused. Firstly, I find the photo a little bit too busy, and secondly, on the button it says wait but the little red man is not showing?

This one leaves me confused. Firstly, I find the photo a little bit too busy, and secondly, on the button it says wait but the little red man is not showing?
Erm ... yes that's what I was after ... lots of people rushing around. Don't know what's happened to the little red man.

People making progress, mobiles phones, busyness, a car not making progress, plenty to say about the theme there I think.

People making progress, mobiles phones, busyness, a car not making progress, plenty to say about the theme there I think.
That's true. A chicken makes progress if crossing the road to get to the other side. :D

Back