weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Hi d00d what a difference the seasons make!
I really like your Vehicle ...it is a means of transport o_O lovely summery light shining through the trees.
Looking back ...my favourite has to be Tiny, you're the master of the peg shots :) Smoke is spot on and Graceful ....I never was any good at cryptic clues! Glad Allan gave it away. Fruit is bright, cheery, and summery, spot on depth of field and Agriculture, the money tree ...love it.

Thank you for the encouragement to get started again ...much appreciated :)
You're back in the swing susie, well done. And thanks for liking my pics. (y)

re the money tree ... I'm sure there are many hard up farmers out there that wouldn't agree with my sentiment. But the things we do for arts sake ...

Ahhh good idea David, works very well with the greenery framing the horse, rider and trainer, I especially like that they appear unaware of your presence, so a very natural looking shot (y)

Thanks DK this was one of 13 taken in 2 seconds on Continuous and I particularly liked it because the trainer seemed miles away with her head down

Last edited:
It's definitely different from the normal motorised version. You timed the shot near perfect with the main subject just coming into camera view between the trees.
Thanks Stan, as mentioned above this was one of a series, the first in fact. Don't ask what I intended doing with them! The others fitted between the trees more comfortably.

Week 31 ~ Peg Piece

zXS96ac_pclA5lhRMH4hf5C-amSnr8FNm294xwO_QLIid1JNCa23203X5VtjRzAREdld75SOufrzKrNrayklq_rFc6BK0FrGk8v1Ne6hEDus_d6PUt6TRW_mLKZ8W7aYaKpgs3e1LrSWj4ckmartDfCh9RHBqBXHAZBAy5X0qYYSDDEFz8YjlWXUPmpebPLNtuv-yG_AoFAx65jjKKGR6Ylznjlcs1a5Ip0lNTDiBfyXn7PAQxsICxbH37AlrAHIpOSrU6rSiu4sr3qZHwiLEBhjBcefpgbh4hbD3Fi4_0iLYrqsP_actC33otckzelJ2CAXiUKd9Bl0OixQsP1v4C-ra6pj7GYoMt5MURJJvbQWLS2ze1hTskSEKIvBY6Zzw_KXaJ4BWVuhJQxNfNHOi7f7dvZSzRTnEjYzbwPgP24IPIqRN_PLA93_7vHw_0_o6tdwYmi5pyhPVddrj2Ki14LC4HrBoRkN82INjUTZPqObtnF-xZxaOaUux-KRxSooUHs926_IRAQc7n9CHrPESRX6Ojywr_ejz5JUAiyjKzl5I2hut0QNGMoCU7vIHE7mieeMywTMQd5SnSZ17ZopOvQVK8ht1l7vdVL6zpPjdO0naJrTVh1Lde171XWKLLPW8CVj9Nwy-BA0F7UYVdpHwFC3wpwKHjnRGLG2SPX6J2emOA=w994-h702-no

Last edited:
Made me smile, IIRC you have a bit of a peg theme going on. Nicely done, lovely rain drops.

Made me smile, IIRC you have a bit of a peg theme going on. Nicely done, lovely rain drops.
Yeah, thanks Chris, I've done a few things with pegs in the past.

Nice rain drops on the piece of peg, good BG too.
piece of peg ... I keep thinking "pieces of eight" wishing I had a pretty polly. The rain is sprayed on BTW, hope it's not OTT.

PEGS :banana: spot on, I like it (y)
Thanks Allan. :banana:

It's a peg (well, a piece of...) and shallow DOF and a lovely green OOF background; it must be Dood! ;)

Another striking image, David, well balanced, and the drops of water are a nice idea to add some extra interest (y)

Thanks Andrea(y) ... here are a couple of oldies .... #1 ..... #2

I like the idea and the overall image, but it looks here as though the focus is sharper at the top of the clip than the bottom ?

Well you're certainly a peg man (judging by previous posts), the water droplets really help to give this a little bit of something different from just a bit of peg on washing line.

We've definitely got a couple of those on our washing line! The droplets don't look OTT at all and the light on them is good and soft so no harsh highlights. I think I'm with Mark though on the focus - the spring part is such an interesting shape it would be nice to see it sharp.

Liking that peg spring David, such a good background and the wet look brings a nice sparkle to the image, nice one (y)
nice sparkle ... cheers DK

Wonderful, creamy BG, nice detail and the greens really work well.

Cheers.
Wonderful ... cheers Andy
Well you're certainly a peg man (judging by previous posts), the water droplets really help to give this a little bit of something different from just a bit of peg on washing line.
I know, genius isn't it! but when you think about the bit of peg on washing line is clever too as it's something you never see. Thanks Dominic.

I like the idea and the overall image, but it looks here as though the focus is sharper at the top of the clip than the bottom ?
We've definitely got a couple of those on our washing line! The droplets don't look OTT at all and the light on them is good and soft so no harsh highlights. I think I'm with Mark though on the focus - the spring part is such an interesting shape it would be nice to see it sharp.
and thank you Mark & Emma ... I used an 85mm f/1.8, started on f/1.8 but the main spring part at bottom didn't look sharp, kept upping the f/. and this is shot, remarkably, at f/8 and I still can't get it looking sharp. I blame the rain.

Last edited:
Hi d00d,

Fruit - Great vibrant colours and separation. I appreciate that your good lady isn't the subject, but would it have still worked with her whole head in the frame?
Agriculture - Perhaps you need to water it more? Good fun image for the theme.
Vehicle - You've caught the light nicely there and controlled the exposure well.
Piece - More droplets eh? Either this or Fruit is my fav of the 4 I'm commenting on. Great detail.

The master of the pegs is at it again :)
Nice one d00d ..I like the green background and the water drops ... they add that extra bit of interest.
Pegs! You ain't seen nothing yet! Thanks susie, glad you like it. (y)

Hi d00d,

Fruit - Great vibrant colours and separation. I appreciate that your good lady isn't the subject, but would it have still worked with her whole head in the frame?
Agriculture - Perhaps you need to water it more? Good fun image for the theme.
Vehicle - You've caught the light nicely there and controlled the exposure well.
Piece - More droplets eh? Either this or Fruit is my fav of the 4 I'm commenting on. Great detail.
Cheers Tim ... you take your commenting very seriously, going through everything. Fruit is a beaut, glad you like it. (y)

On to Week 32~Contrast

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/4CkWygmYEIQk8cYJm1UGq2QRP7NvXtdIwBAi_lXueDxYaNajOaiYrNN9hLZuBVdvehuTmJVx3P4v1yRFSjWgTuu7cVktWKPWWUYnUEzvgvmlqDa5Qi2WfXYFlFIy_TzM0AyHAk7ZB0v66LAdSPAMI_tc5CgXZeu3ZcLPkAsxTiipf54ZUjatzAVMgTrzKwqiiK7nlfY4NhFymhQ5vU0CSmASE-VgA55snVCNgrtcl5XCPuN1kzjbUhHegThg8WTZqET1p4BohmRSrwOf_-J-wvxHKJ5UKDETR-fP5B-nn0QWhx-gYmur5v6o_jPnCrcntQJcQH_k-S0y4Hp7PZxp3rDcRHLW4WfJvFtCURBRbNTU_qjdrXtj4eSJVfGhJAoOlNCVlJ2DRqRIMaGLNW7oNpT237hIzKiEMtigzEgotoyJdnocf1IIQqTaZ4uOTXy-80Bm5NzfRQdrg5vGzBZs_bUIlDe8hGiIsua13E_wl1i5-7aGgVyRlo5l-pye2BVIs9dz_DK7WSST_YxLTXCVH1cxEl2jHw7O9sfY11rzFwYRuwSZo0NgjhLcucUPdoLSIP265INeoitScIBHLPRXqLH5Ghw4_GQOm6ozB0PmDmAoGCaTBUHnwC2Ib1QG4T2bizkogsuAtXuKVkkK11fs_eM8CSAba6AKzrgXdAHQE4SUoqw=w1436-h887-no

and #2 ~ the new V&A courtyard cafe
V0trKp8HiN0ptplEuusqUbUGem7Sb3lfeD3zA57nFJw4TQbOUXn5SCqIdfJGdqq533ioFfMN6zcLLkMqnU53r1Ih0waMaNv-2Ncqr55Oe3qV1gYxXN0q72WmIG716fCu_M03-VsWALZRlhxSBMkJSOJ3qD4zf4aWkIeTOyPTx2Bm_v-yIsx82C_uyVV0ergSEKOfJ4HiS6Lknlg8AncXVHSWxK03r7992U5qJ60Ce6hLu1BAd_mkBrH226hFC3SJiL8ZM9muUzFpuHuIw3rQaXAMg0uPXyMqcdrOA8fBQ57MfkuvKv0rUfE0Gj6fNnsr3ZkOyYqwknokwM3Qpez7pvlxR2jz0st9kFVLcgv-b-VGTuQRH0g77kIWs4DuJGL4EtKzK8rfuBBys7eAd0VBCwdqmNPmuRcG8sWGtqbOLU0vqPNmchQMpivWYVbanNVM5SAjjbdqLp8TtV8qoB0mmi4kqAXh4AJ1gsAXcWF7Pv6gOPyH7l6t2zEFB9Nv6eRKS-oVYbHeriYAeb8seF7eaLOWmbfqmPLsL9dBX7Kl2v6BlVTpivQ07w8PwFtL8z7Yqaoz62di8oC5FSdsfxNueYLDH_K2weMC-5OT-MPd-NwBOHqpsW0AUEAyEuEmSzUXZCtfrb5mif3OnUkfYoBZ3T8jpKGo9B2ukZvZt5dGXY0rrw=w1548-h887-no

Only messing, I do like the colours in the peg photo and definitely a contrast between the style of architecture in the second photo both work for me

I'm feeling much better now about the number of butterflies I've posted this year :D I really do like that peg shot, superb colours, great composition and that deconstructed approach makes it all the more appealing (y) Love the lies in the V&A shot too - the leading ones in the paving stones and the lines of the roof. Great choice.

The pegs say contrast to me more than the architecture. Maybe because working in London you become inured to new and old abutting each other.
Anyway, I like the simplicity and almost abstract quality that it has. It stands alone as a piece of artwork that you could imagine seeing on the wall of a start-up company.

Lots of contrast in the architecture from the stone portico on the left to the red brick to the post-modern, so that's the pick for me. The colours in the peg pieces are good though

I'm feeling much better now about the number of butterflies I've posted this year :D I really do like that peg shot, superb colours, great composition and that deconstructed approach makes it all the more appealing (y) Love the lies in the V&A shot too - the leading ones in the paving stones and the lines of the roof. Great choice.
Thanks Emma ... "deconstructed approach" & "leading lines" ... you do some constructive crit. (y)

The pegs say contrast to me more than the architecture. Maybe because working in London you become inured to new and old abutting each other.
Anyway, I like the simplicity and almost abstract quality that it has. It stands alone as a piece of artwork that you could imagine seeing on the wall of a start-up company.
Lots of contrast in the architecture from the stone portico on the left to the red brick to the post-modern, so that's the pick for me. The colours in the peg pieces are good though
Thanks Tim & Chris ... TBH the peg is a leftover from last week's shoot, later coloured to fit this week's theme. The V&A cafe is not the best example of ancient/modern contrasting architecture but I've been meaning to pop down to Exhibition Road for a few weeks now to see the improvements and saw this week's theme as a good excuse. A Victorian boiler room has been removed and portico unblocked to allow us to wander in off the street - great idea.

Last edited:
I am behind on comments again and have had a look back
Evolve - good sharp image great spot for the theme
Hold and Pleasure both really pop out from the oof backgrounds the outfits matching the Cameras really helps them I think.
Vivid - nice bit of work on the shed shot very vivid indeed. the chairs are a good spot but I like the shed more.
Architecture - Interesting PoV
Tiny - Good idea for the theme and the full size pegs give an idea of scale
Face - Great spot really vivid
Piece - I like the droplets on the piece of peg.
Contrast - I like the old an new of the second shot.

Contrast
Another good use of an inanimate object. Good choice of colours.

I am behind on comments again and have had a look back
Evolve - good sharp image great spot for the theme
Hold and Pleasure both really pop out from the oof backgrounds the outfits matching the Cameras really helps them I think.
Vivid - nice bit of work on the shed shot very vivid indeed. the chairs are a good spot but I like the shed more.
Architecture - Interesting PoV
Tiny - Good idea for the theme and the full size pegs give an idea of scale
Face - Great spot really vivid
Piece - I like the droplets on the piece of peg.
Contrast - I like the old an new of the second shot.
wow thanks minx (y)

Contrast
Another good use of an inanimate object. Good choice of colours.
cheers Dominic (y)

Well that's a very 'arty' peg pic d00d :) ... works really well with the choice of colours.... I must move away from my regimented black background!

Good contrast in the choice of buildings too.
(y) ... my trusty old IKEA chopping board. ;)

Two nice shots for contrast like the v & A shot but to me the colors don't seem right, wonder if the exposure could do with lifting a little.
Thanks Nigel ... the colours aren't quite right: the sky is too blue, the building too red ... I used on-camera HDR to get the best out of the glass-walled cafe.

Hey David :)

Contrast - Now that building works really well, a good find, but for me the 'Pegs' have it, I like that you have split them apart and placed on the contrasting green background, I cant look too long it really does my eyes in (y)
Cheers DK :D

On the lookout for a Clean(ed) yesterday I spotted this on a sloping walkway at Hammersmith bus station. Not terribly interesting but the best of a bad bunch.

Week 33 ~ Clean(ed)
dSKXdLXSgKFOOnATNPXm0-aPtJLC9pjbCN7fkY6_0_JxTj5JbFpy2SoFajYXPXxyUEERQmD_73urNUabEw6cObTMPGtSa1ddigSG54t8tSrT1UrXLQIlQTTX4ihsAVv7pk0xN8gXyXBgbu2kodc6l22JzbGfXsQxM4QaxHBM7plSXrfKpw3i5qIySWcgDj_GBQkZmSs0yoAgL-F0g3l5eoM0-AYDkLeYjCYfVwdr1McacpWn1vjClWImGLE_HEFmMvaQhoXOBpb_1DypwtvRbM9BDbLnLwj62V60l4k0flmqHMmuSW_cyhmyAli8nQBIdTuLqvqwdhOCaPPJWvJxiMr7KjX8UvQAM17acXoDFaXgb0Ut0dpAA8PqRJIv9lLPaq2lmQRqIgF8ZGKXCoCZZHwm329rPW2Rj3xjkIzqAjKOVxy29zP21LwDu7YmxEFD_apJJolVCFxfbc2iWqpfGjbeNwSjfynS3M81uyctu4ZaKnIcJteDCy6aIrmtWvN_lVHnwyqdG5-f3FLfnfkVzuVA36Tt8BU276YD2lrFzeFEm8hCT6DHfBvxXWd2y4UJNr8b7INXRqKecasT9B58hg4LVfRFHMQqTby1X32Sbt2EmyvQwTcb=w1118-h887-no

Last edited:
Back